ANIME Figures and Statues

MaveRick

But the original black widow figure goes for like 3 times as much. :p

Do you have the original figure? She's the one I let get away...

There are 4 black widow figs

But two are SDCC repaints of the other two IIRC. The regular retail release of the second sculpt is the only one that's not exorbitantly overpriced on Amazon/ebay.

Yes! I'm getting the Bishoujo Powergirl for christmas!

I picked up the Batgirl Black suit version before prices get crazy like the Blue suit version. I missed a good price on Huntress. Looking for another shot.

How're the muscles on that girl? I might be in the minority but muscles on a babe are a deal breaker, IMO...

Yeah, they should be fit not overly muscled. The Adam Hughes Cover Girls of the DC Universe Black Canary is a good example with her legs. You can see her fitness through the fishnets. I don't like any of the Power Girl statues so far. I have a feeling we'll get a Adam Hughes version from Sideshow Toys after he finishes Wonder Woman, Catwoman, and whoever else he is working on.

yeah, but This one is bigger and not full of unsitely joints. Also, it's Kriska who is way hotter and has a cooler looking pilot suit than Yui. Although, if you're in to Yui they're doing a figure of her too: http://www.hlj.com/product/KBYPP-491

anyways, I'm having a quandary; I'm trying to decide between 2 figures:

This one

FIG-KAI-3352_03.jpg

and this one:

hob-fig-7720_02.jpg

The first one is much cheaper, it's $47 with Free shipping from amazon and I've got $20 in amazon gift card money I could use on it. The second one is $60 with $12 shipping but I've been thinking about getting it for a lot longer and it's got full cast off. affordability vs nudity... I'm not sure which I should go with.

Personally I'd go with the Shizuka Queen's Blade figure. I always liked her character and $72 is a bit of a steal for that figure. I also believe it will be harder to find than the Black Widow later on. Unless you are collecting every Black Widow and really need this one I'd skip it. In a few month's Marvel will no doubt release another Black Widow in a new pose tht will be another must have impulse.

Funny thing is the comic store I get my Gundams at seems to always have these hard to find figures including Black Widow, the pole dancing Kanu Unchou, real style Kanu, and Powergirl. The prices aren't bad either compared to online.

Of course I feel bad about wanting to order something new when I'm in the middle of dealing with bullshit from HLJ. At some point I lost any and all interest I had in getting that Sonico figure I mentioned earlier, but I forgot to cancel my per-order for it in time and it was automatically payed for. And now because I've missed their stupidly short return window they want to give me an 85% store credit instead of a proper refund even though it never left their warehouse. <_<

I'm not sure what I should do. I don't want to pay for shipping give them even more of my money for a figure I don't even want any more, but I also don't want to loose 15% of my money into thin air and have the rest locked up with them until I order something else from them which may not even happen considering I'm so miffed by all this that I don't think I want to do business with them ever again.

You pre-ordered a statue and don't know the character's series? Wow.

what's wrong with that? a good chunk of my collection i bought purely on the merit of looks/design without any idea who they are or what series they're from. sometimes i look them up and eventually watch the anime, but more often than not, i'll just find out the series name (so i can check if there are other interesting figures from that series) and to this day still have no idea what the anime is about. some examples:

- Kaori Kanzaki

- Nonnon

- Isoroku Yamamoto

- Saber Lily Avalon

- Hitagi Senjougahara

- Moka Akashiya

- etc.

I think I've only once ever bought a figure completely in the dark based on nothing but how it looked alone (and that was because it was on super cheap clearance price where I got it). I do own several figures from properties that I've seen little to none of the associated media. Now that I think about it, I've probably have several figures that are based on shows/games that I've never heard of before but I ended up getting them because of the art their based on.

I tend to buy figures that are by sculptors that I like and are based on art from illustrators that I like.

Just preordered a new bishoujo Kitty pride? What series is she from?

X-Men...is one of em. Excalibur too. She's also mentioned in an awesome Weezer song...she's quite famous for calling Prof Xavier a jerk. He sometimes is though. :)/>

Edited by xrentonx

Seeing the Gunbuster thread made me remember this Noriko statue. Anyone know if this statue was released? Or just a kit? I think it's the best one. It would be nice if we got a statue from Shunya Yamashita too.

post-15104-0-23060500-1357837320_thumb.jpg

post-15104-0-08540900-1357837331_thumb.jpg

post-15104-0-80486200-1357837353_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Need some advice on how to wast my money.

So that other Unchou Kanu figure from Daiki I've been looking at. Well, there's one on Mandarake for about 200USD before shipping which is pretty good, but it's the animation face version:

FIG-MOE-1766_08.jpg

I'm trying to decide if I should get it or hold out for the illustration face version:

FIG-MOE-1765_11.jpg

Any version with the illustration face goes for at least $350~$400 or more. I think I like the illustration face version better although I don't hate the animation face (it's not like their Ryomou Shimei where the original face sculpt is light-years better than every subsequent face the figure has been released with). I just can't decide if I should jump on it or hold out hope for a cheap(er) illustration face version to pop up somewhere.

Hold out for the one with the face from the illustration. Might as well get the one you really want... B))

Any reason why it's $150 more though? Just more popular, I guess? Limited?

Hold out for the one with the face from the illustration. Might as well get the one you really want... B))

Any reason why it's $150 more though? Just more popular, I guess? Limited?

I'm going with more popular. The animation face tends to go for less even though it was a magazine exclusive (although it was sold through HLJ and amiami when it came out so not exactly that exclusive).

The more I look at both the more I'm not sure which I actually want more. :unsure:

i actually like the anime face better.

but frankly, it's kinda hard to keep my eyes from wandering downwards, so i guess you could say i find the face difference a non-factor (at least for this figure).

have you checked the amiami pre-owned section? pretty sure i saw this there a few weeks ago, and at massive discount..

just bought this at YAJ:

10095317a3.jpg

i normally draw the line at 1/7, excepting only the Ichiban Kuji Macross figures which are probably 1/5, and the 2 ladies from Noir.

but i really like the artistry in this sculpt, nevermind that i haven't even watched the show and don't actually know her character.

also faced the predicament of which face version, closed eyes or not. in the end, 50+% price difference wasn't worth it for the closed eyes version

Edited by Major Focker

i normally draw the line at 1/7, excepting only the Ichiban Kuji Macross figures which are probably 1/5

Are the newer ones really that big? I only ever bought the Klan figure from the vary first set and while large it was only about large 1/7th to small 1/6th.

btw, I get that the closed eyes thing is more true to the character but the eyes open version is much prettier.

Edited by anime52k8

Choun Shiryu, Vol.14 Comic Cover Ver., whatever that means.

from the series Ikkitousen, ie. Kanu's show.

i think this now my 3rd or 4th figure wearing a kimono. hmmmm..

She's also known as Zhao Yun and this particular figure is based on the artwork gracing the cover of the 14th volume of the manga aka Battle Vixens.

Edited by renegadeleader1

Are the newer ones really that big? I only ever bought the Klan figure from the vary first set and while large it was only about large 1/7th to small 1/6th.

btw, I get that the closed eyes thing is more true to the character but the eyes open version is much prettier.

isn't Klan 1/48? ;)

1/5 for the ichiban kuji is a bit of an exaggeration, actually. now that i think about it, probably closer to 1/6 than 1/5, though the latest Sheryl with flag actually looks 1/7. the two biggest Sheryl's that i have are the black bunny and the geisha one which are about as tall as this Mireille figure which is labeled as 1/5:

3943.jpg

honestly, i find manufacturer stated scales to be a bit all over the place.

for example, Yoko Littner is supposed to be 1/8, but she towers over all my other 1/8 figures, even substantially bigger than this LineageII Elf which is supposed to be 1/7. and elves are supposed to be tall...

alt20215_2.jpg?v=1336894619orc60063_2.jpg?v=1337085982

as for the closed eyes Choun, i indeed read that is how she fights, and is considered the rare version of that sculpt. however, i also read that she only opens her eyes when she gets serious in fighting, which is rarely. so me being uninitiated to the anime, i would consider the open eyes version to be the rare version. but that's just me. who knows what the anime fandom will consider rare and at what premium? so i just buy as i like.

isn't Klan 1/48? ;)

that's probably about right actually. I know for certain the Megahouse super klan is 1/72. In any event the only "1/5th" scale figure I have is my chichinoe infinity figure, and Klan only comes up to the top of her boobs. (although the chichinoe figure feels more like a gargantuan 1/6th scale because even though she's tall her head isn't any bigger than the 1/6th figures I have.)

NSFW picture:

Oh man, I think I'm gonna buy the Mandarake one... :wacko:

I'd go with the illustrated face. Call me crazy but I've never, ever liked the animated face and it's always kept me from buying her figures.

On another note, seeing that Noir statue hurts-I'll never forget the day I broke it...

On another note, seeing that Noir statue hurts-I'll never forget the day I broke it...

tell me about it, i'm still smarting too. the other figure, Kirika, had her gun hand fingers broken at the knuckles. bought the pair almost 4 years ago and they've been in storage at my parent's house. they finally brought them to me a few months ago when they visited. for some reason, my dad thought it would be a good idea to take them out of the box and re-pack despite my specific instructions that they should remain in the box they came in. ironically, they later decided to bring more luggage after all and they ended up bringing the empty boxes anyway <_<

i'm still trying to figure out how to repair the damage...

ouch.

8403335053_0f3b7c9e95.jpg

M1227664 by scroogee, on Flickr

someone in another forum suggested that it may be possible to reconstruct the fingers using sculpting epoxy. i hesitate though because the fingers are so dainty, and there's very little surface area to attach to, hence some doubt whether it'll be able to hold the gun afterwards.

i also have unpainted resin recast of this pair which i bought when i got hopeless that i'll ever be able to track down the originals. i'm considering whether i should chop off at the wrist and attach the whole resin hand from the recast. but what does one use to cut cold cast material without flaking off too much paint from surrounding areas?

.. the chichinoe figure feels more like a gargantuan 1/6th scale because even though she's tall her head isn't any bigger than the 1/6th figures I have..

perhaps because they were emphasizing other (ehem) features? :p

Edited by Major Focker

tell me about it, i'm still smarting too. the other figure, Kirika, had her gun hand fingers broken at the knuckles. bought the pair almost 4 years ago and they've been in storage at my parent's house. they finally brought them to me a few months ago when they visited. for some reason, my dad thought it would be a good idea to take them out of the box and re-pack despite my specific instructions that they should remain in the box they came in. ironically, they later decided to bring more luggage after all and they ended up bringing the empty boxes anyway <_<

i'm still trying to figure out how to repair the damage...

someone in another forum suggested that it may be possible to reconstruct the fingers using sculpting epoxy. i hesitate though because the fingers are so dainty, and there's very little surface area to attach to, hence some doubt whether it'll be able to hold the gun afterwards.

i also have unpainted resin recast of this pair which i bought when i got hopeless that i'll ever be able to track down the originals. i'm considering whether i should chop off at the wrist and attach the whole resin hand from the recast. but what does one use to cut cold cast material without flaking off too much paint from surrounding areas?

perhaps because they were emphasizing other (ehem) features? :p

Oh wow-my Noir figure has the exact same damage, and thinking about trying to repair the damage has been on my mind for years. I need to look into that sculpting epoxy thing, although now I think I actually lost one or two of the fingers... :(

I actually reattached the fingers a few times with store-bought super glues, but they would always fall off after a while. I should've just glued the gun into her hand (the blond, I forget her name) and taken the pressure off of those dainty fingers...

Edited by myk

I found this Revy statue last night after hearing about the manga restarting. It's an unpainted kit. I hope they make a painted version later in the year. I already have two Revy statues but they are both cool.

post-15104-0-84499500-1358901020_thumb.jpg

Oh wow-my Noir figure has the exact same damage, and thinking about trying to repair the damage has been on my mind for years. I need to look into that sculpting epoxy thing, although now I think I actually lost one or two of the fingers... :(

I actually reattached the fingers a few times with store-bought super glues, but they would always fall off after a while. I should've just glued the gun into her hand (the blond, I forget her name) and taken the pressure off of those dainty fingers...

Poor Kirika. :wacko:

Has anyone tried replacing the whole hand from another unwanted figure or spare parts. Kinda like what happened to Luke Skywalker.