ANIME Figures and Statues

MaveRick

Those Kobus are pretty neat; although I could care less for the pink one, the others are worth my consideration.

The 1/8 Yamamoto figure from 2199 keeps looking better and better... still kicking myself for not preordering Yuki when I had the chance, but the next two shown look like easy passes for me.

And that HAW206 tank from GITS... must... have! Is it a kit or a pre-finished figure/toy?

Thanks for posting the video.

Edited by mechaninac

i jumped on the pink Kobu pre-order a few weeks ago thinking it might be a one-off. really pleased they're releasing the other variants which i think are cooler. guess i can now unload my Kobu model kits.

IIRC, wasn't there a HAW206 previously? also hope they re-issue the Armsuit.

Hey, I could use some advice:

both of these are on amazon right now for not bad prices and I've got $50 store credit:

Yamato Neuromancer Yoko: 1/8 scale and fully pose-able for $120

FIG-MOE-6838_zps3c964e68.jpg

Metal Build Freedom Gundam for $150:

TOY-GDM-1539_zpsab047172.jpg

Edited by anime52k8

I've got that Yoko and, while it's a really nice sculpt, she does not stand well at all and the hair makes her head want to tilt up all the time.

Just my two cents' worth, but I say go with Yoko. Yamato's practically defunct now, and it's products will only get scarcer.

Gundam, on the other hand, will always be there.

I've got that Yoko and, while it's a really nice sculpt, she does not stand well at all and the hair makes her head want to tilt up all the time.

... Not sure what to do, kind of want both, really don't have enough money for both...

god damn RVF-25 having to come out the same month...

:edit:

I think I should go for the Yoko. A pare of boobs and a robot in one month is a better variety of purchases than two robots.

Edited by anime52k8

BTW, Native is finally selling direct to Non-Japanese customers:

http://native-global.ecq.sc/top/nacrwd00002.html

I'm not going to lie there's something bizarrely interesting about this one even though it's all kinds of wrong.

It is going to be difficult to explain to friends and family regarding this item at your place. And it is definitely not be displayed at your office. :p

Couldn't resist this little witch... ^_^

FIG-MOE-8059.jpg

I thought for a second this was from Dragon's Crown. Not yet I guess.

8 days ago.
For Megahouse, Alter、Kotobukiya, and the others' fans.

There is a quick shot of what looks to be a sign showing a new Tachikoma coming out soon. I was about to get the Revoltech version. I guess I'll wait a while.

Got my Yoko figure today. The paint and sculpt are lovely and she comes with a really nice stand. She's like a really big, weighty Figma. only bad thing is that a bunch of the joints are really loose. I took it apart to try and add some super glue, hopefully it helps.

BBTS listed a catwoman on a motorcyle statue from some DC commics art. 255.00

http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product.aspx?product=DCC11651&mode=retail

undecided on the preorder...

BBTS listed a catwoman on a motorcyle statue from some DC commics art. 255.00

http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product.aspx?product=DCC11651&mode=retail

undecided on the preorder...

That hardly resembles her, and the only hints are the vaguely cat-shaped symbol on the backrest (or whatever it's called) and her goggles (and that's only if you go by the Arkham Asylum/City games).

Honestly, a 3rd party company could actually market this using a different name, DC wouldn't be able to sue.

I totally don't remember anything about a Hikaru figure, but this line so far has been officially 1/8 scale. but Misa, Klan, Sharon apple, I can rattle off quite a few I'd buy.

That hardly resembles her, and the only hints are the vaguely cat-shaped symbol on the backrest (or whatever it's called)

I thought it was a Punisher skull.

I thought it was a Punisher skull.

I would have thought so too, if I hadn't already known it was supposed to be a Catwoman themed statue. It's those two triangular protrusions that give the impression of cat ears. Then again, if I hadn't known who it was supposed to be, those things might as well have been horns.

no idea who she is, but ordered right away

FIGURE-000551.jpg

My first impression is a very stylized Mitsuru Kijiro from the video game Persona 3.

indeed, that was the name on the amiami page. what i meant was, that other than the name, i knew nothing about her or the game, but looks cool anyway, so insta-buy.

I just happen to be playing Persona 3:FES right now, that's why I picked her out. If you have a PS2 that'll play American games, and have an interest in Japanese culture, I highly recommend this game.