ANIME Figures and Statues

MaveRick

well, it's official, i MUST have that new Miku Hatsune Figma hell or high water... :wub:

EDIT; preordered at AmiAmi.com, $31.00 less shipping EMS TBD, OCT. street release... :):wub::)

Edited by Shaorin

Oh hey, remember when I said Kotobukiya should totally do a new Wonder Woman figure? Well guess what:

wonderwoman-noscale_zpsffbba447.jpg

I like it, I'll be getting it, but I don't think I like it as much as the original WW figure. The new costume design just isn't doing it for me (don't like the cape skirt or boots). The slightly SD'ed invisible F-35 is cute though.

That's a nice Wonder woman but she shouldn't have a serious look on her face. If their X23 figure can have a vaguely innocent, almost sweet demeanor about her then so should Wonder Woman...

MASAMUNE SHIROW never was my personal bag either, though he always did seem revered for well over a decade right on up there at the Avant-garde

of old-school "Babes-n'-Bazookas" Western Anime fandom. for my personal part, however, the Maids and Frilly-Fru-Fru couldn't have come quickly enough.

the 1990's U.S. Anime scene alone presented more "Butch" than i was ever in any real mood for, YMMV...

Edited by Shaorin

Oh hey, remember when I said Kotobukiya should totally do a new Wonder Woman figure? Well guess what:

wonderwoman-noscale_zpsffbba447.jpg

I like it, I'll be getting it, but I don't think I like it as much as the original WW figure. The new costume design just isn't doing it for me (don't like the cape skirt or boots). The slightly SD'ed invisible F-35 is cute though.

I think I need to see Wonder Woman painted. I bet she'll look a lot better. Right now she's kind of mean looking.

But Black Canary's legs in the background look fantastic!

kinda tempted. must be the glasses.

10236733a8.jpg

I still don't get why we aren't getting any good Deunan figures. That first Intron Depot book is full of great Deunan illustrations. It seems like all the Shirow Masamune figures are for his generic characters.

I still don't get why we aren't getting any good Deunan figures. That first Intron Depot book is full of great Deunan illustrations. It seems like all the Shirow Masamune figures are for his generic characters.

I'm gonna guess less licensing involved.

of course these pop up on amiami barely a day after i won similar but more expensive figures on YJA

FIGURE-001700.jpgFIGURE-001701.jpg

FIGURE-001702.jpg

You should try ordering directly from Platz. 

And I haven't forgotten about that other thing you asked me about. Might have to wait until Monday, since Obon season is happening very soon.

thanks for the link. saw some other interesting stuff there.

the figures though are actually cheaper on amiami. i suppose it's their discount plus no sales tax.

the one i got from YJA though was a GK by Atelier Hiro, so i don't feel too bad about the price.

advengs-img600x338-1375848905earlz326497

i do hope it comes with the tea set though

Better that it's a slu*tty grown woman than the slu*tty "moe" stuff that's out there though. Underaged slu*tty girls are not ok, Japan! :(

Edit: geez! Can't say "slu*tty" here?

Edited by xrentonx

NOt enough camel toe for ya?

No, just the whole bullshit tactical-S&M bondage outfit that looks like it fell out of a garbage American comic book from the 90's and the clunky, awkward, "look how well my kegels have been going" pose are really unappealing. Also the paintwork and sculpt look really mediocre at best.

Edited by anime52k8

No, just the whole bullshit tactical-S&M bondage outfit that looks like it fell out of a garbage American comic book from the 90's and the clunky, awkward, "look how well my kegels have been going" pose are really unappealing. Also the paintwork and sculpt look really mediocre at best.

Agreed. It looks rough, and from my point of view the figure has too many masculine, hardened over-tones on it; a chick figure should be soft looking and inviting one's touch, not the desire to drop and give 20...

Agreed. It looks rough, and from my point of view the figure has too many masculine, hardened over-tones on it; a chick figure should be soft looking and inviting one's touch, not the desire to drop and give 20...

Hear, hear...

Underaged slu*tty girls are not ok, Japan!

yeah, it seems like after all that cutesy girly-girl innocence of the very-late 90's/early/mid 2000's-ish, Hoary old Slu-ttyness is back with one hell of a vengeance,

this time firmly entrenched with Lolicon.

there is no small degree of great charm in girly-girl sweetness, and once upon a time, even cheap Panty shot fanservice could be quite adorable,

but today, even the best of things are quite fatally tainted by a all-pervasive fowl trashiness of exceedingly low order.

sad to admit, Japan has really lost their edge in just about everything these days, and it seems like they'll probably never get anything at all like it back... :(:unsure::(

Edited by Shaorin

Painted pictures of the Dragon's Crown Sorceress figure. I think the unpainted prototype looked better. I know it's not about her face. But her face looks a bit mean or something. It's her lips basically. I guess I'll see what the other version looks like. That should be good since it's based off the promotional artwork.

post-15104-0-97043100-1376780120_thumb.jpg

Also, with all these school girl / cute figures. I'm surprised we don't have figures for the old Valis games. Perhaps I mentioned it here before or read about others wanting them on another forum. This would make a good figure if they didn't go too far. Although I do remember talk of a final Valis game or something that went too far. I didn't want to look at it.

post-15104-0-38720700-1376780475_thumb.gif

Painted pictures of the Dragon's Crown Sorceress figure. I think the unpainted prototype looked better. I know it's not about her face. But her face looks a bit mean or something. It's her lips basically. I guess I'll see what the other version looks like. That should be good since it's based off the promotional artwork.

attachicon.gifSorceress_Dragon's_Crown_Alpha_Max_Painted.jpg

Also, with all these school girl / cute figures. I'm surprised we don't have figures for the old Valis games. Perhaps I mentioned it here before or read about others wanting them on another forum. This would make a good figure if they didn't go too far. Although I do remember talk of a final Valis game or something that went too far. I didn't want to look at it.

attachicon.gifValis_Series_Compilation.gif

I'm so out of it I didn't even know that sorceress was in an actual game. Have any of you guys played it? I love watching those giant magical orbs bouncing and flopping about. As for the figure, since I'm all about faces first I'm going to say I think they did a good job with it, IMO.

Is there a nude version?

Edited by myk