ANIME Figures and Statues

MaveRick

I found this Revy statue last night after hearing about the manga restarting. It's an unpainted kit. I hope they make a painted version later in the year. I already have two Revy statues but they are both cool.

I got the Banpresto one. The face is a little too gentle for Revy, but it's affordable and is the only one my hobby store brought in. She's on permanent display on my desktop.

Poor Kirika. :wacko:

Has anyone tried replacing the whole hand from another unwanted figure or spare parts. Kinda like what happened to Luke Skywalker.

NNNoooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!! Lol...

I got the Banpresto one. The face is a little too gentle for Revy, but it's affordable and is the only one my hobby store brought in. She's on permanent display on my desktop.

I like the pose on the Banpresto one but the face is a bit soft if I remember correctly. There are so many statues of Revy out. I have the Alter and Jun Planning versions. Got them before the prices went crazy. I really like the winter costume with the tights and skirt on the Jun Planning version. Cool costume design that should be used more in real life. :lol: There is this Wonder Festival version that we never got. It looks pretty good too.

post-15104-0-28095400-1358991121_thumb.jpg

I like the pose on the Banpresto one but the face is a bit soft if I remember correctly. There are so many statues of Revy out. I have the Alter and Jun Planning versions. Got them before the prices went crazy. I really like the winter costume with the tights and skirt on the Jun Planning version. Cool costume design that should be used more in real life. :lol: There is this Wonder Festival version that we never got. It looks pretty good too.

That's a nice Revy statue. Love the pose!

I came into figma collecting a little too late, and missed out on her Figma figure. Ebay prices kinda suck, and I don't want to risk getting a defective one and having to haggle with the seller for a refund or replacement.

thanks guys. that was strangely comforting, lol!

i've had to make shelves in my home office for the empty boxes. and there are a dozen or so of these boxes in the storage room, with room for just a couple more. i'm seriously considering throwing away some of the boxes, but i might be moving again. so kinda deadlocked at the moment...

post-6173-0-66360700-1359354926_thumb.jpg

i don't buy duplicates, so i can only imagine Kicker's great wall of boxes probably rivals that of China

I've got a floor to ceiling pile about 3 feet thick in one corner of our upstairs closet, and the rest I just let them pile up in front of my bookshelf. :p

post-4286-0-34617400-1359409451_thumb.jpg

not pictured is the box for my new Daiki Kanu.

1282466188878.png

got it less than a half hour before I had to hit the road and go to school. I'll take some pics when I get the time. in a nutshell; so awesome.

on the subject of the head. I feel like it's a little neutral in person. the illustration face seems more lively but the animation face has qualities I like and the hair is a bit better IMO so overall I dig it. Of slight disappointment is that her clothing doesn't fit all that well, as odd as that sounds.

The shirt that partially covers her boobs doesn't fit that well, it's as if it's too small and the sculpting that's supposed to go over her nipples doesn't quite reach so it kind of floats in an odd way. Her skirt also tends to float above her hips and is hard to get to stay in place. It doesn't have clear sculpting on the inside to line up with the shape of her torso, and it's made of a stiff PVC so you can't squish it down and force it to conform to her hips the way you can with Pink Kanu.

Another odd thing is that she's in a fairly neutral pose but she doesn't stand very stably without her base. the soles of her shoes aren't completely flat so she lacks forward support and her hair which reaches the ground has enough spring to slightly push her forward.

TL;DR she's fiddly to set up the way you want for display but once you get her set the way you want she looks awesome on the shelf. and it's thick Kanu so there's a LOT to love about her. :p

Edited by anime52k8

• 2 weeks later...

Dont know what this is or what shes from but I liked it. I "placed order" at HLJ and looked later and it was discontinued. Hopefully I got the last one. It still needs to send me a payment request.

Its from the melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya. There is some like a hundred different figures from that series of the characters in bunny girl outfits. I love bunnygirls personally, but the ones from this series never appealed to me because they all look under age.

EDIT: Wait nevermind, the styling kinda threw me off. The figure is actually from the To Heart series of visual novels.

Edited by renegadeleader1

Dont know what this is or what shes from but I liked it. I "placed order" at HLJ and looked later and it was discontinued. Hopefully I got the last one. It still needs to send me a payment request.

If you collect figures with any kind of regularity, at some point you WILL end up with at least one Tamaki figure in your collection. it's just law of averages. TBH I've been kind of tempted to pre-order the white version that's coming in june and I was kind of eyeballing this one just because it's weird: http://www.hlj.com/product/ort85303

So it looks like the first offerings form Yamato under there new Arcadia name will be a couple of figures

a TERA online character :http://www.hlj.com/product/aca01000

and this thing: http://www.hlj.com/product/ACA01001

hmm...

Edited by anime52k8

but realy, none of that's important because they're doing this:
http://www.plastikitty.com/home/arcadia-teases-a-new-super-soniko-by-shunya-yamashita

339ssvr.jpg

OH MY GOD, SHUNYA YAMASHITA SONICO, and it's sculpted by REFLECT...

tumblr_lys3tijaCW1rodmpwo2.png

I'm trying to shove money into the screen but nothings happening...

Edited by anime52k8

:wub:

Nitro-Super-Sonic-Sonico-yamashita-ver.-

:edit:
oh man, and Cheerleader Sonico from Orchid Seed. so awesome...

1om3pc.jpg

:edit: :edit:

and F*cking Gift is doing a Tiger hoodie Sonico!!!

http://animepaw.com/gift-teases-their-tiger-hoodie-sonico/

29ofksj.jpg

so yeah, I like sonico as a character design and there doing all the variations I really want. I'm Still waiting on my first Sonico figure to arrive from HLJ, but I'm already excited to about these 3.

:edit: :edit: :edit:

oh, and A-type is still crazy, and no I'm not interested in picking it up.

http://kotaku.com/5977285/this-super-sonico-statue-is-truly-enormous

Edited by anime52k8

Ok the bunny girl I bought in post 611 has a removable top. That was a surprise. :D

Anybody know when I can find a reasonably affordable figures of Echidna and Shizuka from Queens Blade? I really don't want to spend more than 60-80 bucks US for them.

Here, take it. It's probably the only one left but I'm trying not to spend any more money right now.

http://hobbywave.com/toys/queens-blade/shizuka.html

Edited by anime52k8

Picked up the re-release of Momohime from Muramasa before she gets expensive again. Really cute figure. The base is simple but really well done too.

It's a cute figure, but I don't think it would really match the rest of my collection all that well.

Now if they did a figure based on this I'd be hard pressed to resist: :p

http://danbooru.donmai.us/posts/446395

Picked up the re-release of Momohime from Muramasa before she gets expensive again. Really cute figure. The base is simple but really well done too.

Me too. I missed her the first time around so I was glad to get her at retail price. I'm also really pleased that I finally got Velvet from their previous game Odin Sphere. I've been trying to get Velvet for years, had all my previous preorders cancelled when not enough made it to the US market during the first two releases to meet demand.

Here, take it. It's probably the only one left but I'm trying not to spend any more money right now.

http://hobbywave.com/toys/queens-blade/shizuka.html

I really appreciate this. I know how hard it is to pass on something you want because of money only to watch someone else scoop it up. I also got my hopes up seeing Nyx and Echidna still listed under Queens Blade, but both were out of stock. Those are the only others besides Shizuka that I wanted.

No but I just preordered this....

I don't even follow Queen's Blade but that is a freaking awesome statue and it's in 1/4.5 scale!

That's Branwen. She's a dragoon. Half dragon, half human, and an emmisary between the two species. Unfortunately her dragon that she rides got injured, and she sold herself into gladiator slavery to save him. That chain tattoo on her leg gains or loses a link depending on wether she wins or loses a match for her scum bag goblin master. I feel bad for her, but if she gains her freedom it might be a bad thing since her slavery keeps her dragon half power in check. When enraged she can't control it, and given the way she's been treated she may destroy half the world.

Anyways I agree that figure is amazing, even her revoltech figure which I ordered today looks good. Even with the odd joints. Did you know the artist that created her used slave Leia from Return Of The Jedi as inspiration? She also has one red and one blue eye. Her along with Annalotte and Shigi are the three figures I want from the Rebellion series.

It's a cute figure, but I don't think it would really match the rest of my collection all that well.

Now if they did a figure based on this I'd be hard pressed to resist: :p

http://danbooru.donmai.us/posts/446395

She's the first really cute figure in my collection. I was debating not getting her originally. I thought the panty display was a little bit too much. But everything else is really well done. Love the base. And when I saw the secondary prices, I couldn't resist the re-release. She'll go with my other videogame statues that are all from fighting games.

ooh, that would be insta-buy for me too!

come to think of it, i don't have a figure yet that has tattoos. any recommendations?

i think part of the reason why i tend to pick up figures in kimonos is because of the intricate patterns, so i think tattoos are a natural extension of that.

Revy from Black Lagoon. I usually don't like tattoos that much either. She's one of the rare characters that are cool with tattoos. The others are Star Wars characters. Which I'm not sure if they have tattoos or just face paint.

Me too. I missed her the first time around so I was glad to get her at retail price. I'm also really pleased that I finally got Velvet from their previous game Odin Sphere. I've been trying to get Velvet for years, had all my previous preorders cancelled when not enough made it to the US market during the first two releases to meet demand.

I like the leggings on that Velvet figure. Really detailed. I have a feeling when Dragon's Crown comes out we'll see some of those characters in statue form. Especially the Sorceress. Though I think the Elf will be a better statue. Not as over the top.

That's Branwen. She's a dragoon. Half dragon, half human, and an emmisary between the two species. Unfortunately her dragon that she rides got injured, and she sold herself into gladiator slavery to save him. That chain tattoo on her leg gains or loses a link depending on wether she wins or loses a match for her scum bag goblin master. I feel bad for her, but if she gains her freedom it might be a bad thing since her slavery keeps her dragon half power in check. When enraged she can't control it, and given the way she's been treated she may destroy half the world.

Anyways I agree that figure is amazing, even her revoltech figure which I ordered today looks good. Even with the odd joints. Did you know the artist that created her used slave Leia from Return Of The Jedi as inspiration? She also has one red and one blue eye. Her along with Annalotte and Shigi are the three figures I want from the Rebellion series.

The person that did this statue could make a good Slave Leia statue. I still haven't seen one that I really like yet.