ANIME Figures and Statues

MaveRick

So um... I aparently just bought this: http://www.hlj.com/product/ymt35056

The one time something from Yamato comes out before the last day of the month and it was a pre-order I was planning on canceling. :rolleyes:

no idea what HLJ's policy is for canceling items that have already been paid for and are in your private warehouse.

Edited by anime52k8

Yes! I'm getting the Bishoujo Powergirl for christmas!

How're the muscles on that girl? I might be in the minority but muscles on a babe are a deal breaker, IMO...

oh please... you know you guys like to be manhandled LOL

Lol sure, but preferably by a woman who's just taller/bigger than I am-no muscles please... :D

Hey, remember that Unchou Kanu figure I ordered a month ago? Well they tried to deliver it today... in Antioch... 45 miles from where I live. Jesus F**king christ. <_<

So I got to spend the two hours calling different USPS numbers trying to figure out where my package was. USPS customer service doesn't know, according to them I've got to call every post office in Antioch to find out which one has it or contact the original sender (AmiAmi, in Japan) and have them file an investigation with USPS to find my package. :wacko: So I call the main post office in Antioch, and they don't know if they have it because they can't look up packages by tracking number, only by address, i.e. the thing that's probably wrong because if it was correct it would have been delivered to the right f*cking house. :angry: So I give the guy my address anyways and what do you know, they don't have it. :rolleyes: So the guy tells me to try the other two post offices to see if they have it, and if they don't that means it's probably been returned to sender (AmiAmi, in Japan) and that I'll have to wait for them to get it back and then re-ship it to me.

(╯°°)╯︵ ┻━┻

So I call the first one and they don't have it, and they never had it. I call the second one and they never had it either, but the guy their tells me that any undeliverable package has to go through the main office (the one I called first) and that they should be able to look up if it was their and where it went form there.

SCBBWXLZ5E42XESYG2QF7ELFOOB2IFQT.jpeg

so I call the main Antioch post office, again, and this time I get a different person on the phone and right away he tells me he can look it up by the tracking number. :blink: So I give him the number and after about a minute he comes back to me and says that they had it, couldn't deliver it and sent i to Oakland to get re-sorted. So either it's going to get sent to the correct post office this time and will be here no later than monday, or it's going back to Japan and who the f*ck knows If/when I'll get the damn thing. :mellow:

Moral of the story: just pay for the god damn EMS shipping next time.

I'm really sorry to read about all your delivery trouble. Looks like you've just had a first hand experience with the faceless, unaccountable, bureaucracy that is the USPS. You should be able to track your package's progress online, albeit with up to a 48 hour delay -- they're slow to update information.

Edited by mechaninac

Oh, and the koto Wonder Woman I ordered from Amazon was supposed to arrive today but apparently it hasn't even been received by the Currier service despite having left amazon's warehouse yesterday morning. Fat lot of good this the prime membership I just signed up for is doing me. <_<

She's definatly on the "cut" side, but not anything like that Alex Ross east german olympic team drawing. Closer to say Kiana Tom or Denise Austin.

Denise Austin. Now there's a girl that doesn't need a Bishoujo treatment... :wub:

I'm fine with buff girls but I think thick chicks are the best :p

8323505682_e82c279d51_c.jpg

Chichinoe + YOUNG HIP cover girl 3 by Mike - drowning in plastic, on Flickr

Warning, major boobage ahead, NSFW click at your own risk:

And I'm thinking I may actually get my stuff in the mail today. so things are looking slightly up.

Edited by anime52k8

got Koto Wonder Woman and Unchou Kanu in the mail today. Wonder woman is really nice, but a little small. Her face isn't amazing but it's better than some in hand pictures made it look and the rest of her body sculpt and paint is excellent. The details on her base are great too.

Kanu is awesome. She's very cute in person and the pink is a great shade. She's also Huge and I wasn't expecting that. Full 1/6 scale to be sure.

:edit:

And just to follow up on my little shipping adventure, the address on the box was completely correct, so apparently the US postal service is just retarded and can't read. :rolleyes:

8322981211_33df308767_c.jpg

Unchou Kanu 1 by Mike - drowning in plastic, on Flickr

Edited by anime52k8

Yeah, I saw that one as well. It never ends. :wacko: I may have to get that one, luckily it comes out in March. My wallet needs some time to recover. But you definately have good taste in figurines. I too like the figurines with some curves. :p

My bishoujo Huntress arrived, and so did Vanquished Queens #2 with Revoltech Branwen.

Edited by Golden Arms

I saw that one... imma sell all my kanu figs this weeekend...need more room.

I haven't looked at pics of your figure collection in a while, you don't happen to have that Sei Shoujo,version do you?

anyways...

meanwhile in the land of ultra hard to get ero figures, Native has apparently looked into my brain and produced a figure based off one of my all time favorite illustrations:

http://native-web.jp...0030/detail.php

Edited by anime52k8

thank you both.

BTW, a figure of a Muv-Luv character that's actually wearing their pilot suit? Shocking!

http://www.hlj.com/product/kbypp-498

There's also a fully garbed Figma Muv-Luv figure, in case you wonder.

BTW, I was about to post another "I can't buy these naked chick figs cuz I'm living in the wrong f#cking country" comment, but my new year's resolution is to stop complaining and do something about the situation.

So, I'll just congratulate you all for owning such beautiful figs, and make plans to migrate to Canada or something. :p

Edited by GU-11

There's also a fully garbed Figma Muv-Luv figure, in case you wonder.

yeah, but This one is bigger and not full of unsitely joints. Also, it's Kriska who is way hotter and has a cooler looking pilot suit than Yui. Although, if you're in to Yui they're doing a figure of her too: http://www.hlj.com/product/KBYPP-491

anyways, I'm having a quandary; I'm trying to decide between 2 figures:

This one

FIG-KAI-3352_03.jpg

and this one:

hob-fig-7720_02.jpg

The first one is much cheaper, it's $47 with Free shipping from amazon and I've got $20 in amazon gift card money I could use on it. The second one is $60 with $12 shipping but I've been thinking about getting it for a lot longer and it's got full cast off. affordability vs nudity... I'm not sure which I should go with.

Get both, man! Personally, I really loved the first Black Widow figure, but I'm not too crazy about the new "here is my ass, can you see it ok?" Black Widow figure...

Get both, man! Personally, I really loved the first Black Widow figure, but I'm not too crazy about the new "here is my ass, can you see it ok?" Black Widow figure...

But the original black widow figure goes for like 3 times as much. :p

BTW, someone posted a picture in the collection thread that had a couple odd figures in the background. after a little goggling I determined them to be these:

http://www.amazon.com/Lupin-Third-Dress-Fujiko-Figure/dp/B0039HQLK4/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_S_nC?ie=UTF8&colid=3NE9CZWLGK5OO&coliid=I1MN2VWF53AQTI

http://www.amazon.com/Lupin-Fujiko-Dress-PVC-Figure/dp/B003CGRO4E/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_S_nC?ie=UTF8&colid=3NE9CZWLGK5OO&coliid=I1P6LRRA9MHHDC

the odd thing about it is that I saw repaints of the first one going for like $200 on ebay (could just be an out of their mind seller fishing for suckers). and also found these being sold as sets of two for only slightly more that appear to be the same molds. Every time I see the single figures, they're described as being about 10~11 inches tall, where as the two packs are utterly lacking in any information about the figures at all other than that they've both from banpresto.

http://www.amazon.com/Lupin-FUJIKO-China-Dress-Figure/dp/B002V5D9GY/ref=sr_1_14?ie=UTF8&qid=1357383992&sr=8-14&keywords=mine+fujiko

http://www.amazon.com/Lupin-3rd-Fujiko-Dress-Up-Figure/dp/B0036FFR0O/ref=sr_1_7?ie=UTF8&qid=1357384155&sr=8-7&keywords=mine+fujiko