Official Bandai 1/60 Scale DX Toy Thread Ver.6

Duke Togo

shoulders lock in place

it has an actual gerwalk mode where the vf-25 had a legs dangling under the plane mode

collapsible shield

actual pilot figures (such as they are) versus unpainted blob in chair

longer, sculpted landing gear

crotch lock seems better

no giant gaps around head and fuselage in fighter mode

better arm posability (the shoulders actual work)

better leg posability

built in gun holder for fighter and gerwalk mode

jewel inserts for sensors instead of being painted on.

I don't know... But I can pose better with the legs of VF-25 than the VF-27.

I must have missed something...

Does the anime show the VF-27 battroid with that tail hanging like that? I would think that the shield shouldn't be UNDER the tail but that it should BE the tail (kinda like Yamato YF-19 and VF-11)....

If you look at the official renders the tail is still present but it cleverly hidden by camera angles and positioning.

I don't know... But I can pose better with the legs of VF-25 than the VF-27.

I must have missed something...

well, it has a thigh swivel.

but yeah, less posability around the hips, the swing bars and the especially the canards get in the way.

oh, and the back plate actually sits flush against the back instead of being propped up by the the canopy.

Edited by eugimon

Loving the fast shipping from Amiami...got mine this morning and I'm really happy with it so far. The only other thing that bugs me (besides the easily scratchable paint) is that the cockpit on mine doesn't want to stay closed. Taking out the pilot and the passenger helped some, but only slightly.

I don't have my camera now but I can post pictures this weekend if anyone is interested. Would love to hear from folks who have the same problem and have thought of a fix for it.

Got Mine today. Won it on evilbay/anime export through buy it now/make an offer. $182 shipped. (bought it Friday 19th and got it today the 23rd)

Nice, I almost didn't want to get this one. Glad I did!! I'm looking at my Alto VF-25 and there's no comparison. Nicely engineered, details are awesome. No paint chips on mine (yet) Transformed it twice already (all three modes) All joints are nice and tight. There's even a waist joint!! I like the head sculpt a lot, there's no soft parts that can warp. The figures/Pilot and Ranka are now slightly in scale with the yamato 1/60's IMHO. There was a slight "oily" residue, but I wiped that down as soon as it came out of the box. I'm going to "play" with this a little more on my day off..

Now, I want a 1/60 Vajra!! :D

Edited by holytoledo69

Amiami is fast. I received my VF-27 today and got my shipping notice last week. First impressions...this is a gorgeous toy with lots of detail. I get the impression any grey or white painted details are very easily scratched off. Otherwise, the paint job looks intact. One of the wings has some minor abrasions. Also, the front landing gear (even though it is slightly angled back when out) keeps collapsing. It won't lock into place. Regardless, well worth the investment.

Edited by funkymonkeyjavajunky

I have a friend in Japan and we can use him to get the green 27, you would have to throw a few bucks his way, i'd say around 1200 yen for him receiving it and then walking it to the PO. Thats how I intend on getting my CF 27

Edited by anubis20

*Sigh* Well, I broke my "one order a month" rule after seeing Amiami's deals. Got the Brera, Miria VF-22, and Hi-Metal VF-19 all for 25% off, with 50% off ems shipping (I hope). Could have gotten Max's 22 as well, but I'll save that for next month, and get it with a VF-11C. Hopefully the sale holds out till then, even if the shipping discount doesn't.

It's really sad though, they have the Nora SV-51 for 50% off there too... out of stock though.

Now I just wonder how they'll package it... I didn't specifically request the poster, but it might make things complicated if they include it. I already got a ginormous box from HLJ (4 vf-25 kits and alto DX), and combining the VF-27 with a VF-22 might make for interesting box proportions...:blink:

Edited by Chronocidal

Got mine today. First of all, no wonder the shipping price was so much, the shipping box was HUGE!

post-4286-1266958473_thumb.jpg

I unpacked the shipping box, but I haven't taken out the toy yet. After reading this thread I'm too afraid of paint chipping, mystery grease and dysfunctional crotches to even open the box, let alone handle it. Now I'm starting to regret buying it... DAMN YOU ALL!!!

the poster is pretty sweet though.

post-4286-1266958488_thumb.jpg

so, anyone interested in buying a new in box VF-27? :D

Now I just wonder how they'll package it... I didn't specifically request the poster, but it might make things complicated if they include it. I already got a ginormous box from HLJ (4 vf-25 kits and alto DX), and combining the VF-27 with a VF-22 might make for interesting box proportions...:blink:

The poster only took a 2 or 3" depression from the way oversized huge box (look at my 2nd or 3rd pic a couple pages back).

I have a friend in Japan and we can use him to get the green 27, you would have to throw a few bucks his way, i'd say around 1200 yen for him receiving it and then walking it to the PO. Thats how I intend on getting my CF 27

Can he get like, a dozen for other MW'ers?

The greens never did anything in the show except fly or get blown up, so don't mind that one. Where's the CF VF-25, Bandai?

The CF VF-25 will be the next Bandai exclusive, Just like the CF Q-ray was.

I hope to see the CF VF-25 as both model and toy.

Watch out for the little hinged canards when transforming. One popped off the day before yesterday during transformation and I didn't even noticed for a whole day. Luckily it hadn't been swept up when the floor was being cleaned and I was still able to find it. My heart stopped a beat when I first realized it was missing though.

Graham

I unpacked the shipping box, but I haven't taken out the toy yet. After reading this thread I'm too afraid of paint chipping, mystery grease and dysfunctional crotches to even open the box, let alone handle it. Now I'm starting to regret buying it... DAMN YOU ALL!!!

There are no dysfunctional crotches (so far) on the VF-27. Croth lock is nice and tight. Much tighter than even the tightest VF-25 croth lock. And although I haven't compared sizes, the VF-27's crotch lock does seem a bit bigger (I may be wrong though).

Anyway, it's a great toy, far more enjoyable than the V-25 series. Just take care of the paint on the nose when transforming.....LOL!

Graham

I'm almost thinking having the canards retract in like the VF-11 tail fins would have been better.

or if just had a double hinge so it could fold back. Not that it really matters, the hips hit the swing bars anyways, there's not much movement there.

Here's a pilot size comparison if anyone was interested.

various "1/60" pilots.

I had a hard time opening the cockpit and nobody want's to scratch it, right? Slip a corner of a piece of paper in there and it should give and pop open easily.

post-10971-1266970882_thumb.jpg

I had a hard time opening the cockpit and nobody want's to scratch it, right? Slip a corner of a piece of paper in there and it should give and pop open easily.

There are two little nubs towards the front of the cockpit. Difficult to see but easier to feel. Opens for me there, every time.

the VF-1 is nice until its shoulder hinges crack out of the box, after first transformation or by just sitting there...no figure is perfect!

EDIT: there are no signs of the poster here in Hong Kong, or did anyone get it with the VF-27?

Edited by regult

the VF-1 is nice until its shoulder hinges crack out of the box, after first transformation or by just sitting there...no figure is perfect!

EDIT: there are no signs of the poster here in Hong Kong, or did anyone get it with the VF-27?

right... don't forget they also cause cancerous autism and if you feed them after midnight become zombies and eat you.