Official Bandai 1/60 Scale DX Toy Thread Ver.6

Duke Togo

I hope the crotch lock holds up over time. On my first-issue 25 Messiah the crotch lock was fine when I got it and transformed it a few times. It was a month or so later that I noticed he had collapsed and that the crotch lock didn't hold at all anymore. I've got high hopes for the 27 because I really want a green one.

So I just had a most unpleasant dream.

I ordered the DX 27 from HLJ (and I hardly buy anything from HLJ, so we know this has got to be a dream) and naturally, since I have a job, I wasn't home to sign for the EMS slip.

So I go to pick it up at the post office the next morning. When I get the package, I find that it's already opened, all the packing material is gone, and the 27 has been taken out of its box.... in pieces, with large sections of paint scraped off every part. It looked like it had tied to the bumper of a pickup truck and dragged for a few miles before being mauled by a tiger.

I asked the postal employee wtf happened to it, and she just shrugs and walks off.

That wasn't the worst part of the dream. The worst part, the part that disturbed me so much that I woke up, was the thought that I'd have to contact HLJ customer service for help. :blink:

So anyway, I think I'll order from Amiami...

Ditto for my shipping confirmation from ami ami.

I wonder who will get theirs first.....eugimon or me? :lol:

Lolicon. Ami ami ran out of stock a few hours ago.

At 12:30am they had 15 left....at 2:30am they had 3 left....afaik they sold out around 3am (pst).

Ditto for my shipping confirmation from ami ami.

I wonder who will get theirs first.....eugimon or me? :lol:

Lolicon. Ami ami ran out of stock a few hours ago.

At 12:30am they had 15 left....at 2:30am they had 3 left....afaik they sold out around 3am (pst).

You guys are lucky that you live on the west coast when it comes to getting shippments from Japan. <_< I still have to wait for it to get across the country to me after the big hop across the pond. :mellow: This has been my first purchase from Ami Ami and I gotta say I've been very happy with them. Good prices and quick responces to email questions. I have a 1/48 hasegawa VF-1 on pre-order with them also. ^_^

Chris

Got my shipping notice from AmiAmi this morning as well and like Dobber, will have to wait for it to go across the country to land in New York first for customs. This is my second order from them. Hopefully it won't take 3 weeks for EMS shipping like it did last time for the Quarter.

Forgot how frustrating the DX Armor Pack can be. After months of having my Armored Ozma on display in battroid mode, I decided to transform him to fighter mode and nearly ended up throwing the blasted thing at the wall. <_< Everytime you add one part, another part pops off somewhere else. Finally got it all done and to be fair, the toy is quote solid once everything is on, but getting there can be a trial, especially if you want to attach the gunpod in fighter mode (doable, but makes things even more tricky).

Also, found my VF-25G DX has transformed into a froppy mess. Only transformed it about 2-3 times when I got it, then put it in the display cabinet in battroid mode. Took it out for the first time in months only to find the arms, hips and crotch lock are now really lose........ :angry:

I've come to the conclusion that the VF-25 DX toys are only fun without any Armor Paccks or Super Packs fitted. Add packs and it's an instant cause of high blood pressure!

In contrast, the VF-27DX is such a pleasant contrast. Easy to transform, yet sufficiently tight, locks together well and nothing falls off.

I really hope Bandai decides to release a ver.2 VF-25, with the improvements in design and attention to detail of the VF-27.

Graham

I agree Graham, I bought my VF-25S last year and the armored parts. Definitely better sans armor. Plays better without, looks better with. Mine has gotten loose over time, the shoulder ball joint for the right arm especially, and the limp wrists, and crotch lock.

Hey speaking of which, you mentioned that the 27 is sufficiently tight, and locks together. Do you think the arm joints have potential to loosen up in the future? I always prefer ratchets over ball joints.

Also, I too, hope Bandai will make a v2 VF-25 with all the improvements over the 27. Something tells me they made those improvements with the intent of making renewal versions of the 25's in the future with the improved joints.

I hope they go beyond just improving the joints.. there's so many other little things they got right on the 27 that it puts the 25 to shame. <_<

That being said though.. just got my movie version super alto today, and I have to say, I was pleasantly surprised. No damage or greasy residue that I can find (yet, just transformed it once), and the only bit of missing marking is a very small segment of the 7 on the back of the right leg, which is covered by the wing in fighter.

The little changes though have made a big difference, especially the remolded pins that join the wings and legs, and the way the hips mount to the fuselage. On my Michael, I can't put the thing in fighter mode without the hips being slightly out of joint, and the wings constantly flap up in the air (the entire wing section, not from the curved wings). The adjustments to the pins make the wings sit much more level, and the wings themselves are quite a bit less curvy on this one.

As for the super packs.. yes, they're blue, but and I don't mind the color that much, and the benefits of the new version packs are worth it. Hip armors are nice and sturdy on this one, and they revamped the wing booster connection a bit, it's nice and sturdy with very little play (they reworked the inner lip to cover more of the inner edge of the wing probe).

Only issue I have are that the front gear doors don't seem to be seated quite right, and love to pop open. Oh, and the crotch lock isn't bad, but oddly it's not quite as tight as my Michael, which is very sturdy. It stands okay on it's own for now, but it did pop out once while I was posing him.

Be careful when transforming the VF-27 from Battroid to fighter. I just ended up scratching off a big chunk of the lilac paint from the top of the nose cone, when I was lifting the chest plate up over the nose cone.

Really pissed with myself.

Graham

Be careful when transforming the VF-27 from Battroid to fighter. I just ended up scratching off a big chunk of the lilac paint from the top of the nose cone, when I was lifting the chest plate up over the nose cone.

Graham

So sorry to hear that Graham...maybe there's your excuse for another one!!

I am finally back and going to chase after one myself...worried it's already sold out in town.

Personally... I still don't like the battroid mode. And I can't pose it well with the legs (my problem).

But I am happy with it in fighter mode. Looks really nice. Like the splitting rifle too.

To Regult: I've heard that it's selling fast! The shop I got it has it sold out already.

Hmm... sounds like you should be pissed at Bandai unless you did something... ill-advised during transformation? Any tips on avoiding it?

Personally... I still don't like the battroid mode. And I can't pose it well with the legs (my problem).

But I am happy with it in fighter mode. Looks really nice. Like the splitting rifle too.

To Regult: I've heard that it's selling fast! The shop I got it has it sold out already.

I know, I was away from town for the week and listening to you and Graham talk about your new toys...that was horrible. I will sneak out as early as I can to check around Monkok, maybe even Animate?? Wish me luck!

Hmm... sounds like you should be pissed at Bandai unless you did something... ill-advised during transformation? Any tips on avoiding it?

Heh.. best tip I know? Scrape off all the lousy markings they did, and repaint them yourself using something that won't peel off from friction with the air. <_<

I'm actually seriously considering doing just that if the paint damage gets bad enough on my VF-25s (they're not damaged much at all yet, but only time will tell if my fingers start rubbing paint off).

I'm not going to use the stickers on the 1/72 models, so I have spare markings for lettering and such, and almost all the major stripes/markings are actually engraved in the plastic (except the wing stripes, and the markings behind the head on Alto), so it would be simple to mask them off and spray them on with enamels, or heck, even hand paint them.

The VF-27 wouldn't be so easy to do that with due to all the little markings, but I'm sure the major ones could be painted.

Sounds to me like the base color came off of Graham's, not the markings. That would be bad. I'll probaby leave it in fighter and maybe just transform to Gerwalk since I'm not as fond of the lean designs (and do loooove that VF-27 fighter). My VF-22... I think I need to get another one to display in Battroid or Gerwalk. I love Gamlin's in fighter mode so much, I leave it there on my desk instead of on the shelf with the rest of my Macross stuff (only room to put it in Battroid right now).

I know, I was away from town for the week and listening to you and Graham talk about your new toys...that was horrible. I will sneak out as early as I can to check around Monkok, maybe even Animate?? Wish me luck!

Am told Sino was out of them, but still available in Richmond and Animate (news by yesterday).

And it's a bit more expensive already... But I believe there would be a cheaper shipment if you can wait.

I paid for my VF-27 from Ami Ami yesterday...how long does it usually take them to ship it after you pay (sorry first experience with Ami Ami).

Can't wait to get this thing.

in my case, they billed me friday. i paid saturday morning. got my shipping notice saturday evening. i checked the ems# over at usps.com and it says it cleared customs earlier today. should be here tomorrow. just when i thought the anniversary roy 1s w/ penlight i got earlier in the year from them was fast, this is even faster!

Edited by bouncing boy77

in my case, they billed me friday. i paid saturday morning. got my shipping notice saturday evening. i checked the ems# over at usps.com and it says it cleared customs earlier today. should be here tomorrow. just when i thought the anniversary roy 1s w/ penlight i got earlier in the year from them was fast, this is even faster!

I didn't know you could that (check usps.com).

"Inbound Out of Customs, February 21, 2010, 5:13 pm"

Hell yeah, that is fast!

I'll be using amiami from here on out unless HLJ does those paypal free shipping specials, etc. Never had any complaints about HLJ, but this is amazing fast service from amiami.

IIRC (I'm at work now), it's on the nose cone. The lilac paint on top of the nose cone, got scratched by the chest plate when I was transforming from battroid to fighter mode, as I was getting the nose cone out from under the chest plate.

Graham