Official Bandai 1/60 Scale DX Toy Thread Ver.6

Duke Togo

To my knowledge, bandai has not relased ver 2.0 of any of their DX Chogokins [Aquarion military mass production type was rumoured to be with stiffer joints].

Seeing as so far, "movie" Alto has minimal differences to tv ver alto, I don't expect that there will be major differences, if any, with Ozma either. After all, wasn't DYRL 1S Focker identical to TV version?

My money's on changing the colours and\or patterns of Luca and Michel, similar to how Max and Kakizaki were changed for their DYRL versions.

Pics of the transparent VF-25 Alto version. Looks nice, but not my cup of tea

http://www.toysdaily.com/discuz/thread-108277-1-1.html

WOW! I was thinking about skipping it but after seeing those pictures might have to reconsider the model kit at least...

The YF-19 Double Nuts in the same thread makes it a MUST BUY! Looks great in blue and white. Sorry OT! :D

if the clear ver. was released as a regular item and not an exclusive and essentially doubling it's price, IMO people will warm up to it more.

Not me. I just don't like it. Even if it was half the price of the regular version, I still wouldn't buy it.

Clear or metallic plated versions have never been my thing.

Graham

Plus it's not actually clear in the typical sense---it's like transparent rainbow-chrome.

With totally clear, you can at least say "it's like a cutaway drawing, showing the internal mechanics". But this? That's just plain girly IMHO.

yeah, maybe if it were like the yamato vf-1 fast packs or the PG gundam kits where there was actually something to see but this just holds zero appeal for me.

Meh, I don't care what you haters say, Bandai took a scheme seen in the show as a lighting affect for only several seconds and made a toy of it. That's pretty cool. I'm not saying it's for everyone but if Bandai is going to make exclusives I think this was a great idea for one.

The clear is pretty neat. It'll go well with the fold booster. Definitely for a niche market so it makes sense to be a web exclusive.

Like regult mentioned about the skeleton, I prefer the clear model over the DX mainly cuz there's more to see inside. It doesn't look right to see into the fuselage and see nothing there.

While the clear '25 isn't my cup of tea, I would advise anyone who does buy this exclusive to handle it extremely carefully. Clear plastic has a reputation for being more brittle than solid colors, and when you add that to the Macross DX's notoriously sensitive decal aps (never mind the 'warp' coloring) you have a recipe for heartbreak.

Unless Bandai comes out with a seriously kick-ass paint or sculpt variant from the movie I'm done with the VF-25.

I got a call from my supplier in Hong Kong that the Alto Full Armor has arrived. Will be picking them up tomorrow. :rolleyes:

BTW, the Bandai Alto action figure is also out here in Hong Kong.

Edited by Ivan

nice photos... however like the Ozma, it's missing the reactive missiles... also missing are the sniper rifle and the skull emblem on the chest plate. I think the Alto looks a lot less dramatic than the Ozma somehow...

Fingers crossed a bundle will come out soon instead of getting this expensive piece...

Edited by catcha