Official Bandai 1/60 Scale DX Toy Thread Ver.6

Duke Togo

Complete new sculpt?

We are talking about Bandai here, I think the chance that they will release a completely new sculpt is almost none. Looking at the 1/55 Origin are still getting re-release recently. :p

Althought, it is possible we might still see some little fix or improvement in the future.

Some 'easy' improvement I would like to see are replacing gossy material with matt surface material. A better 'longer' neck piece. Better paint job overall. Darker color gunpod (same as the anime), articulation fingers! More decals!!! Including a small pilot figure, same as some Aoshima Getter Chogokin.

Until the movie come out in Nov, I think this is as good as we can get! ^_^

post-10429-1251018820_thumb.jpg

Complete new sculpt?

We are talking about Bandai here, I think the chance that they will release a completely new sculpt is almost none.

Oh yeah, because it's awesome the way Yamato puts out a really crappy version of a toy and then a few years later puts out an okay version of the same toy, and then a few years later finally puts out a good version! That way you can buy it three times and throw away the older versions when the new one comes out! That's not "milking" a license at all!

I meant prices for the Armored Messiah models and toys, taking shipping into account, you are paying about $100 give or take for the model.

Armored VF-25S cost me $85 shipped via SAL. Not cheap, but there's a huge difference between $80 and $200. I'd be more forgiving of the DX's flaws if it was only $80 shipped.

Complete new sculpt?

We are talking about Bandai here, I think the chance that they will release a completely new sculpt is almost none. Looking at the 1/55 Origin are still getting re-release recently.

They have done numerous redesigns for other toys from other series, look how many times they redid the RX-78 in the MSiA! line, and how many reiiterations of the EVA-01 that we've gotten over the years.

Just got my VF-25S Armored from HLJ.

Yes the box is huge - even bigger than the SOC Dancouga. Although I have bigger Lego box. Here's a little compare pic with YF-22.

post-467-1251160256_thumb.jpg

This is my first DX VF-25. The base unit is indeed very nice, matching a Yamato in most cases for all the good and bad.

Armored fighter mode: Why didn't they design with the gun on it? You can jam it in there with the legs pushed aside a bit, but it is tight and you cannot use the stand. They could just made the inside armors on the legs a little thinner. The stand is really poor for the fighter mode - very unstable.

Armored gerwalk mode: I don't like how the arms have to be stay in front of the wing blocks. The stand is acceptable for this mode.

Armored battroid mode: Best of the 3 I guess. Stand works well.

I also have a overly tight left shoulder ball joint. Any idea on how to fix it?

Armored VF-25S cost me $85 shipped via SAL. Not cheap, but there's a huge difference between $80 and $200. I'd be more forgiving of the DX's flaws if it was only $80 shipped.

where? I am willing to spend 85...

Edited by nugundamII

Okay, I got my DX Armored Valkyrie from HLJ last friday. Because of a busy weekend, I was only able to open it monday morning. As in wee hours of the morning. That was a mistake, as it took away a lot of my sleeping time.

Since this is my first DX valk, I spent a lot of time inspecting it. Like what the others reported, the valk is coated with some oily residue, and has some fingerprints on it. But that really was the least of my concerns.

I was checking the sweeping action of the wings when I noticed a problem with the right wing. Unlike the left wing, which rachets and locks perfectly into place when fully opened and folded, the right wing does NOT rachet and does NOT lock into place in either modes. Trying to do so results in resistance that causes the wing to spring back a little. Furthermore, folding the right wing back from being opened causes a loud clicking noise, which the left wing does NOT do.

I have tried checking if the wing is improperly set, or if something is dislodged inside the wing assembly. However, it is impossible for me to open the wing assembly, as it does not have any screws.

I have already emailed HLJ about it. Their customer service has requested photos of the damage. I think it would be better to send them a short video, since a photo really won't show whats wrong with the wing.

Anyway, I just wanted to ask if any of the MWers have had this problem with their DXes. If there is a way for me to fix it without having to send it back to HLJ, then I'd be happy to know about it.

Right now my DX is sitting here in my office, still in its box. This is the first valk that I have that came with a defect right out of the box. I guess that makes me a true MWer now does it? :rolleyes: Ironic that its a Bandai and not a Yamato.

Edited by brouken

brouken: I have the same problem with my Luca when I first got it. I thought I got myself a lemon, until I noticed that the ratchet inside the wings are not aligned properly that the teeth of the cog is not 'biting' into the groove.

So what I did was (kinda stupid and brave at that time) was pull the wing upwards, stressing it until i heard a click. The reason why I did this is because I had the same problem with one of my SOC's and I did the same thing to force the teeth of the cog to snap it in place of the groove.

But that fixed my Luca and he has been in good shape ever since. Now, I would not recommend anyone to do that as you will have to bear your own responsibility for the damage to your Valk, but I am sharing my experience here, so for thos who dare, give it a shot, but don't way I did not warn you ppl.

brouken: I have the same problem with my Luca when I first got it. I thought I got myself a lemon, until I noticed that the ratchet inside the wings are not aligned properly that the teeth of the cog is not 'biting' into the groove.

So what I did was (kinda stupid and brave at that time) was pull the wing upwards, stressing it until i heard a click. The reason why I did this is because I had the same problem with one of my SOC's and I did the same thing to force the teeth of the cog to snap it in place of the groove.

But that fixed my Luca and he has been in good shape ever since. Now, I would not recommend anyone to do that as you will have to bear your own responsibility for the damage to your Valk, but I am sharing my experience here, so for thos who dare, give it a shot, but don't way I did not warn you ppl.

Thanks for the tip TCracker! Though I must admit, I'm too scared to try out your solution! If I break the wing, then my chances of having the valk replaced by HLJ goes with it. I guess I'm better off just waiting for a replacement.

Sigh, its a sad thing, seeing that big shiny box right in front of me, and knowing that I can't play with the toy inside. :mellow:

Out of curiosity, is there any lineart showing where exactly the gunpod sits while in armored fighter mode? I'd like to know if it sits below the light gray attachable thigh armor pieces or if it does indeed remain exactly where it is without the armor. While I did finally get my gunpod affixed in fighter mode, it does seem to cause a noticeable amount of stress on the wing pins since it pushes the legs a little further apart. I am contemplating an idea for how to fix this.

Thank you for the images! How in the world did you get such nice quality large ones?

It is very interesting, though, in that the first image looks like it sits where it logically should - below the thigh armor. In the next picture, though, you can't see it from behind which would make me think that it sits up high above the thigh armor. I can't really tell in the third shot. Maybe I should go back and watch again.

Okay just remember to take some pics before you throw it at the wall :3

I almost spat on my laptop by choking on my drink and erupt with laughter when I read your reply. LOL

***EDIT***

With all the nice pics I'm about to make some space and pull mine out just so it can take some abusing. XD

Edited by PsYcHoDyNaMiX

Love the gerwalk segment lol

I dunno, 200 smackers for this big boy seems a little less glorious now that I've seen it in action, I may just pick up the 1/100 and soom around the house with that instead.

http://www.rainbowten.co.jp/english/index.html

6400 yen for Armored Ozma or Alto, then shipping is about 2000 yen for SAL.

This is the 1/72 model kit, not the 1/60 toy

Edited by one_klump

Is it safe to put the armored on the stand in Battroid mode ?

The attachment looks so weak on such a big and heavy toy that im afraid it will snap or detach and the whole thing comes crashing down.

It should have come with some sort of support for the backback when its on the stand.

Also mine can't stand on its own in full armor. The crotch connector keeps snapping off and it splits in half and falls over.

The knee armor is also very loose and floppy, i can't keep them up and it looks kinda stupid in fightermode cause they just hang down like that.

I might figure out a way to put some glue or something there to make them harder to move.

Edited by thankheaven

This is the 1/72 model kit, not the 1/60 toy

Thanks for stating the obvious. I'm well aware of what I bought and am currently building, thanks. I was talking about the model kit, when someone earlier was blubbering about how expensive it was, and I pointed out that the model shipped was only $85, which is a far cry from $200 for the hideous DX.

Edited by Lolicon

Thanks for stating the obvious. I'm well aware of what I bought and am currently building, thanks. I was talking about the model kit, when someone earlier was blubbering about how expensive it was, and I pointed out that the model shipped was only $85, which is a far cry from $200 for the hideous DX.
Blubbering? Also $85 is closer to 100 than it is to $200, you're paying up either way for the model or toy, you're just paying more for the toy.

Is it safe to put the armored on the stand in Battroid mode ?

The attachment looks so weak on such a big and heavy toy that im afraid it will snap or detach and the whole thing comes crashing down.

It should have come with some sort of support for the backback when its on the stand.

The collectionDX review above showed the armored battroid on the stand. Seemed okay, although the legs kept flopping down, and couldnt maintain an A stance.

They mentioned the crotch lock being stiffer too, but I think the lock design hasn't changed since the initial release; they just got luckier this time with QC.