San Diego Comic Con International 2009 thread

EXO

Well here we are again at SDCC. This year as impossible as it sounds the comicon is more hectic than ever. Preview night was a mess and today there's a 4 hour wait just to get into the exhibition hall early. No pics just yet. I'm posting from my iPhone and limited wifi at the hotel.

As we all heard toynami has announced the cancellation of the Beagle Mospeasa line. There was news rumbling weeks before but this is the first official report of it. It was mentioned at MWCon but it was during an informal discussion so we decided not to leak it out. Sadly we won't get to own the fume ride armor and never see the long awaited blowsuperior. Thanks to the designer for his great efforts for making a dream toy come true.

Usually Yamato USA has their booth next to triple A Anime but aside from a few statues. I didn't see the displays they usually put up. Pics to come. Anyone else at the event welcome to post of course.

SO, is the beagle line dead, the Toynami line or both? I know that they are the same thing, but depending on the wording there could be some hope to see the toys released, just under one brand or the other.

As noted in the Scoop thread, Toynami has their 1/100 Battlepod on display - with packaging mockup and prototype 'pending licensor approval'.

SO, is the beagle line dead, the Toynami line or both? I know that they are the same thing, but depending on the wording there could be some hope to see the toys released, just under one brand or the other.

Definitely sounds like its game over for the BEAGLE/Toynami Ride armors. Which really blows, Its Yellows Ride Armor I've saved up for!! :(

That 1/100 Battlepod looks cool!! B))

ANN has a pic of the Toynami Battlepod (pic at the bottom of the page) at:

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/convention...cken/sdcc-day-1

honestly, it looks pretty meh.

i reckon it's a good thing most of us here at MW-forum already got the still-awesome Revy Regult. B))

btw, to those attending, did you guys get any info regarding the on-again/off-again Toynami Bandai-Chunkies from them?

Edited by treatment

C'mon guys, if you're going to talk about pictures of the Toynami Battlepod at least get the pictures from my site! Jeesh (alright, I guess I could have posted them on MW but this thread didn't exist back then). Anyway, I'm now writing my piece on the Robotech panel.

Beagles, Lanterns, Toynami...who wants to see or hear about that stuff? Where are pictures of the zany cosplay chicks, eager to whore themselves out to anyone with a camera?

ANN has a pic of the Toynami Battlepod (pic at the bottom of the page) at:

honestly, it looks pretty meh.

Some more paint & decals would probably help. The lack of elements around the 'face' is making it look rather lifeless.

I do love my Revoltech Regult, but I want something a bit bigger. As long as Toynami keeps it at a sensible price point (which I expect they will), I'll be a happy camper - even better if I can just walk into a shop somewhere and buy it off the shelf.

At first glance the Toynami Regult does nothing for me. I love my Revy. But how much bigger might this be than the Revoltech?

Why not he Glaug first since Revoltech has ALREADY done the Regult? Something NEW please!

--------

How about a 1/55 Invid/Inbit Command Ship (with opening cockpit and mini gummy figure)?

I will keep pushing for that . . .

At first glance the Toynami Regult does nothing for me. I love my Revy. But how much bigger might this be than the Revoltech?

Why not he Glaug first since Revoltech has ALREADY done the Regult? Something NEW please!

Inconceivable! They don't have an existing mold to copy off of!

man i so wish i could have went to comic-con,i wanted to get autographs from dexter and co, star wars characters ,look at the displays and new figures/statues/busts, the new commander cody and darth vader busts are sweet. and checking out 25mins of james camerons Avatar would have been awesome to see. so much content and photos its almost too much,its al on that twitter thing or flicker.

man i so wish i could have went to comic-con,i wanted to get autographs from dexter and co, star wars characters ,look at the displays and new figures/statues/busts, the new commander cody and darth vader busts are sweet. and checking out 25mins of james camerons Avatar would have been awesome to see. so much content and photos its almost too much,its al on that twitter thing or flicker.

It's not all fun and games. Getting into the popular panels, like Avatar or the last few years BSG, Heroes, Prison Break, etc etc you'd first have to line up to get in the convention hall and the RUN to line up for the popular panels rooms hours in advance. Unless you're lucky and wander into a panel for a new show be prepared to wait in line.

Does anyone know when Carron is going to start showing trailers or scene of "Avatar"?

In a few weeks time they are going to show some footage from the film for free at IMAX cinemas around the world. Keep an eye out if you want to go. I'm going to wait to see the whole film.

Taksraven

I'm unloading my pics from my camera and I just remembered I dont have anywhere to host them. Frickin' imageshack wiped out my account for no reason and I can't stand photobucket. I'll figure out where to host it tonight or tomorrowand I'll post away. Videos too.

I totally dig that Aussie's chick accent!

Ive met her a couple of times. Shes both funny AND hot in real life as well. Short though.

on SDCC: I dont get Marvel anymore, ima DC guy now. Sp for me the most aweesome toy is that animal Man figure. I cant wait!!!

Yeah yeah, we all love Pikachu......

Taksraven

:lol: I totally forgot about that one!

Wow, 19" Galactus!

That is just crazy. :rolleyes:

That is amazing. It makes me want to start collecting Marvel Legend figs.

Short though.

What's wrong with short girls?

And on topic - I DO plan to be at next years SDCC even if I have to sell a body part to do so. I am just so disappointed I missed all the fun this year.