Asteroids - The Movie!!!

Maybe it will be a loose open interpretation of Asteroids - centering around a family trying to survive the global economic recession discovering that having each other is more important than their former life of luxury. It will star Will Smith.

I really hope that whoever sold the rights to Universal took them for every cent they could get and are laughing all the way to the bank.

I really don't get why Universal even thought it was necessary to buy the rights.

Graham

LOL!

Never minding about scraping the bottom of the barrel, they've finally broken right through the bottom.

I wonder how much they had to 'pay' for the rights......LOL......Idiots!

Graham

No they did not scrape, they did not Break through the Bottom, they took 10 tons of TNT and blew the bottom into frakin pieces!!

No they did not scrape, they did not Break through the Bottom, they took 10 tons of TNT and blew the bottom into frakin pieces!!

No, they FALCON PUNCHED their way through and to obliteration. Sometimes I wonder if the human race generally gets more tasteless with each generation...

I really hope that whoever sold the rights to Universal took them for every cent they could get and are laughing all the way to the bank.

I really don't get why Universal even thought it was necessary to buy the rights.

Graham

Honestly, I suspect they ONLY wanted the name.

"Hey, remember those movies a few years back about a space rock ramming the Earth? Let's do one about TWO space rocks ramming the Earth!"

"Sounds good. We can call it ASTEROIDS! Because there's two of them. It's like Aliens."

"I think Atari owns that name."

"Crap. Can we buy it off them?"

Or maybe they're gonna adapt the story from the home port manual...

http://www.atariage.com/manual_html_page.h...areLabelID=1007

Linked for your suffering.

it's going to be a movie for action junkies. no actors, no actresses, no scriptwriters, no director, no producers, just a cgi spaceship flying around blowing up asteroids for 2 and a half hours. and the critics will still complain about it needing more action scenes.

Wow. 3 paragraphs of background. Thats already 2 paragraphs more than what Hollywood needs to make a movie.

Its still 3 paragraphs more background than they gave to the cinema TF franchise.

Taksraven

There's the chance that instead of a movie creating a plot about the Asteroids game, it'll be a film about the history behind the Asteroid game. Like one of those documentaries about Bill Gates and Steve Wozniak, it could be about Lyle Rains, Ed Logg, and Atari. But who would want to watch that when you can butcher a very simple concept to fit a demographic?

Uh... Really? If you were going to make a documentary to pay homage to a classic game... Wouldn't you start with BETTER and more CLASSIC games like Tetris or Pong or something? Asteroids is a good game and all, but I'm not in the slightest interested in how it was made.

While you simpletons make fun of this Hollywood escapade I'm off to procure the right of every Atari 2600 game there is.

When Hollywood decides to make Activision's Skiing: THE MOVIE they'll have to pay me big bucks for the rights. B))

Uh... Really? If you were going to make a documentary to pay homage to a classic game... Wouldn't you start with BETTER and more CLASSIC games like Tetris or Pong or something? Asteroids is a good game and all, but I'm not in the slightest interested in how it was made.

It's less embarrassing compared to making a storyline around 3 triangles shooting rocks and the occasional UFO in space (and the smaller UFO).

At this rate, keep an eye on a SkiFree deal.