The Transformers 3 Thread--A Michael Bay Thread

Transformers 3  

204 members have voted

1. 1. What would you want in Transformers 3?

• Unicron
    • Dinobots
    • More Triple-Changers
    • Omega Supreme and more Gestalts
    • More robots and less human characters
    • A better actress than Megan Fox
    • Mudflap and Skids blown to pieces
    • A better group of script writers
    • A more competent director than Michael Bay / Zoom the camera out during fight scenes
    • Michael Bay's head on a stake
  2. 2. Will Transformers 3 suffer from the "Third Movie Syndrome"?

• Yes
    • No

Whatever, anyway, the movie. So I read last night that diBonaventura said that this movie will have more comedy, and the characters will be more mature, all in one breath. Unless they re-defined their concept of comedy, I have no reason to be optimistic about that statement.

Truth. The "comedy" in ROTF made me cringe all the way through. Hopefully someone with taste (or at least, restraint) will be involved in the editing process this time around.

• 1 month later...

Late reply, but Re: maturity and more humor.

Sophomoric humor was THE main thing that made ROTF worse than the first, and was the source of most all my complaints about the first one. MORE of that will make the movie godawful, period. There's already more than enough cringe-worthy moments in the first 2 movies.

A movie about giant f'in transforming robots does not need more humor. Especially from humans. It needs more robots and more transforming.

Sophomoric humor was THE main thing that made ROTF worse than the first, and was the source of most all my complaints about the first one. MORE of that will make the movie godawful, period. There's already more than enough cringe-worthy moments in the first 2 movies.

I nominally agree with this, but I found the Twins' dialog to be rather amusing. Not so much their designs (and definitly NOT Sam's mom or dog, yuck!) but I found their lines quite funny.

"Ow, man! That hurt!"

"It's an ass-kicking, it's s'posed to hurt!"

I nominally agree with this, but I found the Twins' dialog to be rather amusing. Not so much their designs (and definitly NOT Sam's mom or dog, yuck!) but I found their lines quite funny.

I was more specifically referring to bathroom humor. Anything in the humping, peeing, farting, Turturro's butt, etc category. That's pretty much the definition of "sophomoric".

I was more specifically referring to bathroom humor. Anything in the humping, peeing, farting, Turturro's butt, etc category. That's pretty much the definition of "sophomoric".

yeah, I hated all that stuff as well AND the twins. I found them to be repulsive.

If you skip the whole College scene from the movie the story still pans well, that just says to me it wasn't needed. Im gonna do an edit version with all the Sophomoric sh1te removed to see how it pans out, I'm betting it will all work out fine and be my edit of choice.

This is true. Those parts I could've done without. But I'm really impressed with Kevin Dunn as Ron Witwicky, I think he's done a great job with an iffy script at best.

Unicron would be nice, but very iffy to do well. How can you make a planet-sized Transformer and still do it justice in the Bayverse? At best, I think Unicron (and Primus, if they go that route) would be best served as an off-screen antagonist, referenced but not seen.

As long as he doesn't do like Fox did with galatus in Fantastic 4 rise of the silver surfer then it'll be fine.

Not to pick holes in the above picture, but is that Lunar Lander supposed to be one of the ones taken up there in the Saturn 5 era ? If so which two Astronauts walked home because the lander would just be a set of legs as the module would have re-docked with the command module for the home bound journey.

Could this be a cock up or just a artist impression type thing. Or are they gonna go the whole this is why the pictures from the moon were faked etc story arc.

Edited by big F

Not to pick holes in the above picture, but is that Lunar Lander supposed to be one of the ones taken up there in the Saturn 5 era ? If so which two Astronauts walked home because the lander would just be a set of legs as the module would have re-docked with the command module for the home bound journey.

Could this be a cock up or just a artist impression type thing. Or are they gonna go the whole this is why the pictures from the moon were faked etc story arc.

I believe that's from the establishing shot, just after the lander... well... landed. Before Armstrong and Aldrin exited the vehicle, if I interept the trailer correctly. You know what? We need another trailer to discuss this more :)

Only two Astronauts went to the Moon's surface each mission the third stayed in the command module.

Yes the upper part on the lander separated and went back into orbit to rendezvous with the command module.

What part of the trailer makes you think that their was more than two astronauts?

I believe that's from the establishing shot, just after the lander... well... landed. Before Armstrong and Aldrin exited the vehicle, if I interept the trailer correctly. You know what? We need another trailer to discuss this more :)

it's from the end of the trailer when they're scurrying back to the LEM after checking out the Alien ship. you can see them coming down from the edge of the crater between the LEM and the flag.

Edited by anime52k8