Tim Burton's Alice in Wonderland.

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=56475

UPDATE: From Yahoo! Movies come two more photos, one of Mia Wasikowska as Alice and the other of Matt Lucas as Tweedledee and Tweedledum. They've been added below!

USA Today has published new images from Tim Burton's Alice in Wonderland featuring Johnny Depp as the Mad Hatter, Helena Bonham Carter as the Red Queen, and Anne Hathaway as the White Queen. Also included are three more pieces of concept art.

The article explains that the March 5, 2010 release, co-starring Michael Sheen, Mia Wasikowska, Matt Lucas, Crispin Glover, Stephen Fry and Alan Rickman, is almost like a sequel to the original story:

The traditional tale has been freshened with a blast of girl power, courtesy of writer Linda Woolverton (Beauty and the Beast). Alice, 17, attends a party at a Victorian estate only to find she is about to be proposed to in front of hundreds of snooty society types. Off she runs, following a white rabbit into a hole and ending up in Wonderland, a place she visited 10 years before yet doesn't remember.

post-31-1245704363_thumb.jpg

post-31-1245704371_thumb.jpg

post-31-1245704387_thumb.jpg

post-31-1245704394_thumb.jpg

post-31-1245704401_thumb.jpg

post-31-1245704410_thumb.jpg

post-31-1245704417_thumb.jpg

post-31-1245704423_thumb.jpg

-Lukewarm Tolerated Planet of the Apes

-Enjoyed Big Fish for the Terry Gilliam Knockoff that it was

-Hated Charlie & the Chocolate Factory

-Hated Corpse Bride

-Hated Sweeney Todd

-Hate that he keeps rapid fire using his wife & Depp

-Have lost all faith in Tim Burton

-I can't say enough how much I hated Charlie & the Chocolate Factory

So no, nothing here is winning me over, Tim Burton is dead to me, and something pretty freakin' amazing would have to happen to turn my head on this movie. Not saying it can't happen, but the past decade has done nothing to give me faith in anything Tim Burton does.

Tim Burton can be hit or miss for me. I liked the last two movies I saw of his, though. Personally I thought Planet of the Apes was his lowest point and thought his Batman movies were overrated. He seems to do best with the dark fantasy stuff so I'm optimistic.

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=56475

USA Today has published new images from Tim Burton's Alice in Wonderland featuring Johnny Depp as the Mad Hatter, Helena Bonham Carter as the Red Queen, and Anne Hathaway as the White Queen. Also included are three more pieces of concept art.

The article explains that the March 5, 2010 release, co-starring Michael Sheen, Mia Wasikowska, Matt Lucas, Crispin Glover, Stephen Fry and Alan Rickman, is almost like a sequel to the original story:

Heh, Snape and Bellatrix together again. :D

>snip<

well Raptor Jesus hates you so it all works out doesn't it. :rolleyes:

(Raptor Jesus liked Charlie & the Chocolate Factory. I know, I asked him :) )

Edited by anime52k8

I love Tim Burton and i feel this is right up his alley. There's always going to be both sides of the coin of people who say dark, anorexic and spirally is overdone, but then if he didn't do it, you'd have the other camp who says it's not Tim Burton-y enough. That's like watching a kawamori project without giant transforming robots, it would be good, but not quite there.

well Raptor Jesus hates you so it all works out doesn't it. :rolleyes:

(Raptor Jesus liked Charlie & the Chocolate Factory. I know, I asked him :) )

Well F-15 pilot T-Rex agree's with me, and he can devour Raptor Jesus just as many times as he can ressurect.

Well F-15 pilot T-Rex agree's with me, and he can devour Raptor Jesus just as many times as he can ressurect.

I doubt it, now if they were Tyrannosaurs in F-14's I'd be more inclined to believe you.

Bleh....I just found out I have to go see Revenge of the Fallen tonight with my wife. Hopefully knowing that this new Burton/Depp film is on the horizon will see me through all sixteen hours of Transformers and protect my brain from collapsing.

Edited by eriku

Did someone say T-Rex in a F-14 or F-15?

awesomethreadtv9.jpg

I'm not looking forward to this movie. Please hollywood I've had enough of Tim Burton and Johnny Depp, just take them to the back parking lot and shoot them.

Go T-Rex, save us from Tim Burton! The time has come to scramble T-Rex Again!

• 5 weeks later...

-Hated Charlie & the Chocolate Factory

The second that movie was over I thought... "Finally... A live action movie for Macross 7 fans." How the hell did you not like it?

You know what would relly make the most awesome film ever in Burton's mind? Johny Depp cast as EVERY character. Males, females, dogs, cats, whatever; just 90+ minutes of pure Deppyness.

You know what would relly make the most awesome film ever in Burton's mind? Johny Depp cast as EVERY character. Males, females, dogs, cats, whatever; just 90+ minutes of pure Deppyness.

yes! :lol:

hmm,im sure the film will be good,but that trailer wasnt very well put together and didnt incite any excitement in me at all.

i.e. a modern Tim Burton movie. Now David Lynch's Alice in Wonderand would be something I'd go to see, especially with Dennis Hopper as the Mad Hatter, & Kyle Mclaughiln as Alice! :)

ROFL! or just recruit the entire set of Jack Sparrows from the third Pirates C movie. :lol:

Please get rid of Helena Botham Cater whateverhenameis, getting really sick of her, can't wait till she gets wasted in the next harry potter movie soon.

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie