This is starting to look really cool. the design work on the enemies look much improved over the previous trailer; it's reassuring to see greater diversity amongst the guys you're going to chop into tiny pieces. the gameplay's looking more in depth and refined as well, and It's nice seeing elements from the original trailer showing up again (free control of your sword in certain situations, the cut-and-take mechanic, etc.)

Overall very cool.

:edit:

I just want to reiterate that the cyborg mercenaries from this trailer look so much better than the ones from the VGA trailer last year and I'm also super happy to see the big, hulking thing from the original E3 make a comeback.

Edited by anime52k8

I've had it pre-ordered for like a year already, suffce it o say I'm long since sold. Check out the official site too, there are some Solidus Snake flash backs to Raiden's child soldier training.

WRONG!

so your telling me you DON'T want to have a partially robotic body that will let you kill giant robots with a sword?

Edited by anime52k8

so your telling me you DON'T want to have a partially robotic body that will let you kill giant robots with a sword?

I think he's making a joke about the end of the trailer....

Extended look at Metal Gear Rising. basically it's the same trailer we've seen plus 4 minutes of interviews and additional footage introducing the game.

Edited by anime52k8

Extended look at Metal Gear Rising. basically it's the same trailer we've seen plus 4 minutes of interviews and additional footage introducing the game.

Is that Raidens MGS 4 suit at 5:10 when he's fighting the Japanese cyborg guy? Looks like he gets pretty trashed, I'm guessing the newer design comes after that? The newer suit looks way more intimidating, I dig it...

I'm really looking forward to this. As for Revengeance being a word... I give you Revengerengance! Or Revengerevengerance!

Nooooo! You killed my language!

Prepare to die! TO RE-DIEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!

• 1 month later...

You haven't played to many games recently. Splatter has become normal if any thing it probably the right amount when compared to games such as Gears of war, and No more heroes.

His speed is fine.

Yip, You're right. I haven't been playing many games. Last ones were Mass Effect.

Speed is fine in the super natural type of games, and for this type of game play. Though not for the original MGS.

But this isn't Metal Gear Solid, that's the point, the word Solid is not even in the title thus giving them the freedom to do whatever they want to an extent and thus we have Metal Gear Rising with the kinetic style gameplay.

Nano-repair cells? So that's what that bunch of grape-looking things he pulled out of that cyborg in the first trailer was.

Liking what I see, so far. I don't mind that it's not classic MGS, as it was never meant to be that kind of game. Will pick it up when it comes out.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Raiden's Japanese VA sounds really different from Quinton Flynn. That deep voice sounds out of place for Raiden...or maybe I'm just used to his English VA?

This game is starting to look more and more like Tenchu--not complaining, though. Stealth kills, lightning-fast boss fights.... I like that thousand-arms Buddha thing that cyborg chick's got going on there.

• 2 months later...