Ok... just... no.

I'm sorry. Yes, it's kind of amusing when someone like superman lifts something like a 747 by the wingtip, but physics do not work that way.

Also, the way he cleanly cuts through something about 15 feet across with a blade that's at most 4 feet long, in one swipe.

Edited by Chronocidal

It's like they decided to do everything opposite the MSG franchise., ie:

...stuff this sneaking around stuff, let's just SMASH and CUT everything up in sight

...don't worry about realism, let's just block that mecha's leg with the sword!

Having said this, I'm really looking forward to this. Wouldn't it be fun if the second act, Raiden disappeared and you found yourself on Big Shell, playing as Snake...

Ok... just... no.

I'm sorry. Yes, it's kind of amusing when someone like superman lifts something like a 747 by the wingtip, but physics do not work that way.

Also, the way he cleanly cuts through something about 15 feet across with a blade that's at most 4 feet long, in one swipe.

In outlaw star Sazuka cuts through a truck lengthwise in one swipe with a bokken

http://youtu.be/PBZq_CsIhqk?t=16m16s

Edited by BeyondTheGrave

Of course, because that's an anime. That sort of thing is expected. Ki, and all that stuff.

In MGS? That's about on par with them adding lightsabers to the splinter cell games. The sword thing, and that style of gameplay, has nothing to do with the way the rest of the entire series was played. Or at least as much as I've seen, I never saw much of 2.

You know... stealth... sneaking around... using tranq rifles to knock out people so you can get around them...

Not, "ZOMG I AM HUMAN GINSU KNIFE MAN NOW WITH CRAZY LAWNMOWER SKILLZ."

Edited by Chronocidal

I dunno, but I thought it was kinda cool :ph34r:

Then again, I've always wanted to play with teh cr@zy skillz of Raid3n ;)

But yeah, I REALLY liked the original trailer by Kojima. I wish, even with the designer shift, they used the same engine rather than this random hack 'n slash engine. Graphics would have benefited as well in my opinion.

Oh well, its got the title "metal gear", and it stars Raiden. One way or another, it will sell

Of course, because that's an anime. That sort of thing is expected. Ki, and all that stuff.

In MGS? That's about on par with them adding lightsabers to the splinter cell games. The sword thing, and that style of gameplay, has nothing to do with the way the rest of the entire series was played. Or at least as much as I've seen, I never saw much of 2.

You know... stealth... sneaking around... using tranq rifles to knock out people so you can get around them...

Not, "ZOMG I AM HUMAN GINSU KNIFE MAN NOW WITH CRAZY LAWNMOWER SKILLZ."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zJECmFgXaSk&hd=1

MGS has always been about absolutely ridiculous anime logic and physics. This is just the first game where they decided to stop pretending to be some sort of serious tactical shooter and embrace the utter craziness.

Do you remember Volgin punching into the Shagohad & controlling it iwth his lighting powers? :)

More directly, I think this is a lesson Kojima is giving his young programmers. Finish your game, or someone else will, and they'll turn it into their own game. It looks like they may just understand the lesson from all the sh!t they had to eat in that interview.

Edited by Keith

MGS-R certainly doesn't feel like the MGS I know, but that's not a bad thing. AFAIC, the Solid Snake saga ended with Guns of the Patriots, and Cyborg Raiden obviously does things very differently from Snake.

Overall, I don't think it would be all that different play-wise. I remember reading an interview once, where the game designers vowed not to reward players for high kill-rates, as its their policy not to promote violence. Pretty contradictory policy for a game that allows you to chop the limbs off of your enemies. Anyways, it'll most probably still revolve around sneaking past the enemy as much as possible, but with a some modifications.

You know why the new trailer for rising doesn't feel like MGS? it's because at no point in the trailer is there a woman with her shirt open showing off her cleavage for no apparent reason.

I wouldn't worry about that, this is the studio that brought us Bayonetta :)

• 2 weeks later...

Not my type of game anymore. As it was best decribed on Facebook, it's like Tekken on acid.

Is it even out yet?

Personally, I'm going to wait and see what the reviews are like when the game out before deciding whether to buy it or not. I already know it's not Metal Gear Solid as I know it, but I'm waiting to see if MGS-R is a game I'd like in and of itself.

Is it even out yet?

Personally, I'm going to wait and see what the reviews are like when the game out before deciding whether to buy it or not. I already know it's not Metal Gear Solid as I know it, but I'm waiting to see if MGS-R is a game I'd like in and of itself.

No release date yet.

I just don't enjoy hacking and slashing games. I get bored. Nothing against them. Just not my thing.

Still prefer the original concept and engine of Rising, Cut what you will, and the rendering looked more realistic and crisper.

Pity they used Platinum Game's already existing engine instead of Kojima's one.

and in case you think that's only from the most recent games...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=twM6uCXUs40

I hated what they did in Twin Snakes. Too much Matrix style action. Snake doing a backflip as a missile flies underneath while managing to use it as a jumping board.

The original MGS had its' own "out there" scenes but nothing as nearly exaggerated as these or what you see now in MGS:R.

I think I'm gonna pass on this one though. Just deviates too far from what I really enjoyed about the Metal Gear franchise.

I hated what they did in Twin Snakes. Too much Matrix style action. Snake doing a backflip as a missile flies underneath while managing to use it as a jumping board.

The original MGS had its' own "out there" scenes but nothing as nearly exaggerated as these or what you see now in MGS:R.

I think I'm gonna pass on this one though. Just deviates too far from what I really enjoyed about the Metal Gear franchise.

Why don't watch this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zJECmFgXaSk&hd=1

MGS has always been about absolutely ridiculous anime logic and physics. This is just the first game where they decided to stop pretending to be some sort of serious tactical shooter and embrace the utter craziness.

It's not a Metal Gear game, IMO. It's a hack and slash game with a Metal Gear title slapped on it. No thanks, someone wake me up when they come out with a real Metal Gear game...ZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzz...

-Kyp

your going to be sleep for awhile

The next MGS which is 5, is strongely rumoured to be unvealed soon. Obviously with just some teasers and etc.

The story will either be based as a direct continuation to MGS4, but more into the future. Or on the original Boss and her team during WW2.

Without a doubt for Kojima letting go full of dedication with Rising, means he's already working on the next PROPER MGS.

Project ogre is not his next one, it even says there on those articles qoute - "Project Ogre will not be completed for some time, and Kojima will continue to produce other games, he said."

He also said the same thing of not being involved with MGS4... and what happened?

Anyway, here's more updated news on the possible MGS5.

http://www.insidegamingdaily.com/2011/12/13/metal-gear-solid-5-setting-discussed-by-kojima/

Project ogre is not his next one, it even says there on those articles qoute - "Project Ogre will not be completed for some time, and Kojima will continue to produce other games, he said."

He also said the same thing of not being involved with MGS4... and what happened?

Limited involvement. Feels KP could have done better

Anyway, here's more updated news on the possible MGS5.

http://www.insidegam...ssed-by-kojima/

That's all speculation. in the documentary he said he had an idea for a mgs game that involved that setting.

LOL

Did you even notice I used the words "Rumoured" and "Possible"? :blink:

And did you even read what your posted links say? :blink:

Look dude, just like most MGS fans that have been following Kojima for a long time, have learned one thing about his long career, and that is he hints alot between alot of blank sentences. :D

Edited by Omegablue

No release date yet.

I just don't enjoy hacking and slashing games. I get bored. Nothing against them. Just not my thing.

Still prefer the original concept and engine of Rising, Cut what you will, and the rendering looked more realistic and crisper.

Pity they used Platinum Game's already existing engine instead of Kojima's one.

So far, the interviews with the staff and the trailers just don't seem to gel. The former tells us it won't be a hack-and-slash, but the latter shows otherwise. Based on the trailers, I was half-expecting a Tenchu/Ninja Gaiden hybrid, until an article I read said it's the design team's policy not to encourage mass-killing.

Apparently, someone related to the Rising project has mentioned that just as before, it will be possible to complete the entire game without killing a single individual, save for those that must die of course (like story characters and what not).

Don't know how that is gonna be possible when your cutting peoples' arms and legs off though, and severely mutilating them to progress further....

Maybe you'll zap them with a low voltage charge using your "I am Lightning" powers ;)

Apparently, someone related to the Rising project has mentioned that just as before, it will be possible to complete the entire game without killing a single individual, save for those that must die of course (like story characters and what not).

Don't know how that is gonna be possible when your cutting peoples' arms and legs off though, and severely mutilating them to progress further....

Maybe you'll zap them with a low voltage charge using your "I am Lightning" powers ;)

Set the sword to stun? :p

Maybe a borrowed concept from Kenshin's blunt sword?

I just wish the Rising team would make up its damn mind what kind of game they want this to be. I hope they won't try to copy Deus Ex - Human Revolution in giving you freedom to use deadly force, but then skewing the level-up system and forcing you to go the stealth route.

Honestly, I don't know why Kojima really switched their project to a different production team. The MGS4 engine they were using was beautifully rendered, and the subject material and era was sensical as well. Kojima's excuse was that they didn't really know what to do to progress Raiden's abilities and whatnot (i.e. player development, such as new weapons), but honestly, I think they could have fit in what the Bayonetta studio did in the new trailer into the old engine.

Would have been heck of a lot better decision imho. Raiden's really cool, and one way or another, MGS fans will pick this up. Even Kojima should know that :D

Using the sword to stun has been around since MGS2.

True. Forgot about that.

Honestly, I don't know why Kojima really switched their project to a different production team. The MGS4 engine they were using was beautifully rendered, and the subject material and era was sensical as well. Kojima's excuse was that they didn't really know what to do to progress Raiden's abilities and whatnot (i.e. player development, such as new weapons), but honestly, I think they could have fit in what the Bayonetta studio did in the new trailer into the old engine.

Actaully wasn't the MGS4 engine. Was a new one but still using the same lighting and render. But yeah, obviously Platinum used there's.