Yamato 1/60 Non-Canon Color VF-1's

CF18

I personally think purely white color is quite nice oredi.

Then when I realize that I can directly start painting it to a minmay guard, and use the 1/72 decals, no need to hesitate.

Guys, just to check.. if the valk for the non color VF-1S is going for a pre-order price of 6320 yen, (~$66.53.USD)

is it worth to buy? or should i get a YF-19 with fast pack with a know problem?

In a dilema now.. sighs...

Edited by gwfalcon

Good news everyone!

http://www.amiami.com/shop/?set=english&am.../e_display.html

AmiAmi already listed the unpainted. It may be a regular public release after all.

Not familiar with them. Are they a good store to buy from? Also, when do you pay for pre-orders?

Chris

Not familiar with them. Are they a good store to buy from? Also, when do you pay for pre-orders?

Chris

They've been around for 10 years, Japan's no1 figure shop. They have only recently started trading internationally tho.

Similar to HLJ, you place the order, they confirm next day. You pay when it ships but you can't really cancel once you place an order.

Another alternative:

http://www.hwjapan.com/sh/YAM09110452.aspx

Pre-order at 20% off, your choice of EMS or SAL, pay by Paypal or credit card when they are ready to ship. You can do a search this forum for feedback of hwjapan.

Bought from them a few times, and always will be buying from them, maybe their stock is limited and times hard to search for, but the price they offer is as cheap as some of the shop i see on akiharbara, especially the gundam model kits.

back to the thread.. the unpainted valkyrie is drawing me with some sort of big magnet... shall resists...... man it's so futile..

Another alternative:

http://www.hwjapan.com/sh/YAM09110452.aspx

Pre-order at 20% off, your choice of EMS or SAL, pay by Paypal or credit card when they are ready to ship. You can do a search this forum for feedback of hwjapan.

Thanks for that. Much better to be able to use SAL. Just placed an order with them too.

I started scanning and sizing up the 1/72 decal sheets, and the proportions aren't too bad at all. They actually work quite well. I'm still gonna try to enlarge maybe 5% and see if that has any positive/negative effect on the decals. I've been printing these out, and then cutting out the decal and fitting it, and so far, it's OK, not perfect, but workable

I think it would be better if the plain VF had the 1A TV head, instead of the 1S.

No matter what head they include, people will always be asking for another.

The best would be to include all of them. but then again, some people would say that that is poor business sense ... so on so forth... :lol:

Don't take it the wrong way, what I meant is that no matter what type of head comes with the plain VF-1, there will always be a grp of people who think otherwise, so the best way really, is to include all heads, then problem solved! Nah... they are never gonna do that.... maybe they'll release some accessory kit in future that includes, among other things, the different heads!

• 2 weeks later...

I understand this is unpainted version, but it looks too raw to me in the sense that the diecast part is not even primed and painted that match body color. I wonder the landing gears are raw and unpainted too? :huh: The canopy has no rainbow effect as well.

Anyway, this is still not a final product I guess, this looks like a raw parts assembled prototype. :lol:

p046.jpg

Yeah, bit dissapointed, only one head (although the 1S is the best choice imo anyways),

but hey seriously have to do the same with a pack of non-painted heads!

But we all know Yamato's marketing strategy will be to release each one as a separate Valkyrie. We'll see a 1J, a 1A, a DYRL 1A, a VT and a VE, all in pristine snow white...plus FAST Pack varients of all of them. But the coveted "pack of heads" thing would mean that they couldn't reuse the molds as much.

Edited by Cyclone Trooper

So is Yamato actually releasing a Plain, no colors 1/60 SV-51? You wonder if the price will be any cheaper since it has no color scheme to it.... I like the idea of that one, Splinter Camo scheme!!

I like the idea of all white VF-1, but as Cyclone Trooper put, we'll eventually see a 1A, 1J... 1D type as well. Gotta get their moneys worth out of those molds!!! B))

Edited by 505thAirborne

So is Yamato actually releasing a Plain, no colors 1/60 SV-51?

No.

Re: the VF-1: I know it's "undecorated" but the lack of paint on the the diecast parts and lack of tinting/canopy detailing is disappointing. At the very least the canopy tinting is something that no modeler is going to be able to replicate with any sort of ease, even if they can paint the rest of it.