Yamato 1/60 Non-Canon Color VF-1's

CF18

Did anyone else order from HWjapan? I haven't got a payment request yet so I went to the site to check my order status and it's not there anymore. I've checked before, a few weeks ago, and it was there then. Does that meen they are processing it or did they just drop my order? I sent them an email but haven't heard back yet.

Chris

Did anyone else order from HWjapan? I haven't got a payment request yet so I went to the site to check my order status and it's not there anymore. I've checked before, a few weeks ago, and it was there then. Does that meen they are processing it or did they just drop my order? I sent them an email but haven't heard back yet.

Chris

Me. And no, nothing. Their site is horribly difficult to navigate. Let me know if you hear back from them. I wish us both luck on this.

Me. And no, nothing. Their site is horribly difficult to navigate. Let me know if you hear back from them. I wish us both luck on this.

Japan has an almost entirely different set of holiday days over the new year period to us. Most stores there won't re-open until the 4th of January .

Which is REALLY annoying seeing as there is a TON of stuff I'm interested in being released over these two weeks :mellow:

Tober, do you know if that is typical to not have your order in their system anymore? I placed the order on Nov 9 and a month, or so, ago I checked their web site to see what my order status was and it was there, but now it's not. Even the link posted a few pages back to the item doesn't really work anymore. It will take you to the item but there is no longer any info on it and like what Miriya said their web site is HORRIBLE. Anyone know if they typically cancel peoples orders with no notice? If hey did, no biggie I'll just order the kit version from HLJ for about the same cost.

Miriya, is your order still there?

Chris

Tober, do you know if that is typical to not have your order in their system anymore? I placed the order on Nov 9 and a month, or so, ago I checked their web site to see what my order status was and it was there, but now it's not. Even the link posted a few pages back to the item doesn't really work anymore. It will take you to the item but there is no longer any info on it and like what Miriya said their web site is HORRIBLE. Anyone know if they typically cancel peoples orders with no notice? If hey did, no biggie I'll just order the kit version from HLJ for about the same cost.

Chris

After several failed attempts I was finally able to see my order with limited information. I also emailed them with no reply. Now it is a waiting game.

I just am very much looking forward to customizing "my" valk.

Chris

I couldn't tell you, sorry - I don't know. But because of their holidays you might be waiting for a reply for another week.

I've only used them once for a few CMs Mospeada Ride Armors - after I placed the order they emailed me the same day saying that I had ordered the last of two of them and that the boxes were damaged - they offered me 50% off - I accepted cos I'm not a MISB collector anyway. When the order arrived I could barely make out the damage they were referring to... There were no problems with their communications then (about 3 months ago) and they were very prompt and professional with their shipping.

I never have that happen before. When they need to cancel part of an order they emailed me about it first, but some of their mail did ended up in the spam folder of my gmail account.

So did anyone get their unpainted valk yet? Mine will be on it's way soon so I'm wondering what to expect. I still haven't seen any production photos of it, only the poorly photoshopped Yamato pics. I'm mostly wondering if the canopy frame is painted or not and what the pilot looks like...or if it even comes with one.

So did anyone get their unpainted valk yet? Mine will be on it's way soon so I'm wondering what to expect. I still haven't seen any production photos of it, only the poorly photoshopped Yamato pics. I'm mostly wondering if the canopy frame is painted or not and what the pilot looks like...or if it even comes with one.

Go to another thread specifically on unpainted v2 and you should find pictures of actual preassembled toy that answer your questions. The toy basically come raw on every plastic part except diecast part which is paint matched in white. It comes with tv pilot.

Same picture can be found on yamato's blog.

Go to another thread specifically on unpainted v2 and you should find pictures of actual preassembled toy that answer your questions. The toy basically come raw on every plastic part except diecast part which is paint matched in white. It comes with tv pilot.

Same picture can be found on yamato's blog.

I thought this was the thread for the unpainted valk since it's a non-canon valk. The only other thread I could find with a title regarding the unpainted valk only had a few comments, one of which instructing people to use this thread.

Anyway, thanks for the info. Hopefully people will start getting theirs soon so we can see some pics.

Edited by eriku

I thought this was the thread for the unpainted valk since it's a non-canon valk. The only other thread I could find with a title regarding the unpainted valk only had a few comments, one of which instructing people to use this thread.

Anyway, thanks for the info. Hopefully people will start getting theirs soon so we can see some pics.

I'm being helpful!

No painted canopy:

http://www.1999.co.jp/itbig10/10102594a6.jpg

It's totally unpainted - except for the metallic frame between the legs and the backplate.

The canopy frame, the visor, the pilot - all unpainted.

The feet are in molded in gray so they are not white, though unpainted.

Finally got a message from HWJ saying that as soon as they get the item they will request payment and ship it. I guess that is good news. But I thought that they should have it by now considering other places are already sold out.

Finally got a message from HWJ saying that as soon as they get the item they will request payment and ship it. I guess that is good news. But I thought that they should have it by now considering other places are already sold out.

Kind of surprising they don't have it yet. AmiAmi already shipped mine out two days ago, so it seems like other Japanese stores would have them too.

Got my unpainted (assembled) VF-1S today. Here’s some quick details, most of which were already known:

- box is more simplified without an opening flap/window.

- non-knurled pins (horray!)

- old-style swing-bar lock (booo!)

- clear canopy (no pearlescent coating)

- painted diecast parts

- thrusters, intakes, and cockpit controls molded in dark grey

- head visor is clear

- decal sheet has loads of different markings for all kinds of variations of canon valks. Also includes a comical black decal for the canopy frame.

Now to find some appropriately scaled Starfleet decals to put on it. That’s right: Trek Valk. :D

You guys anywhere else selling the unassembled kit? I ordered the pre-assembled one from HWJ....can't seem to find the kit anywhere else.....bummer

The unassembled kit is a Yamato online shop exclusive, but they made a deal with HLJ so HLJ can carry some of the exclusives.

http://www.hlj.com/product/YMT00185

If you live outside Japan HLJ will have the best deal.

Thanks for the pictures, eriku. It seems like your vf-1s is trying to say, "why am I albino.....?" lol....

Anyway, does the toy comes with new crotch or old crotch?

Old crotch, unfortunately.

And the albino comment makes me want to give him a pink visor. :lol:

Valkyrie Nixon in 2012! :lol:

Anyway, now the big question.. shoulder pins smooth or knurled?

These'll be fun to decorate I'm sure, but I'd much rather build them myself, and be sure that the shoulders are done right. You'll have to halfway disassemble these to paint them anyway, so might as save a few bucks and get the kit.

Thanks for the pics. Seems that your Valkyrie is screaming at the sky, indeed. "Why, why!!! What is my purpose in life? What will I be, and what will I accomplish?"

I really miss the Alps printers, damnit!!! Now would be a great time for one for some high quality decals. MG and Sheryl Guard being worked out. Oh yeah!!! I'm trying to think about customizing a VF-25 gun to fit for a VF-1 to go with it. I guess the colors will be white, pink and purple, maybe some blue.

Thanks for the pics. Seems that your Valkyrie is screaming at the sky, indeed. "Why, why!!! What is my purpose in life? What will I be, and what will I accomplish?"

Actually he's thumbing his nose at yellowing and saying, "Come on UV rays, do your worst!!!" He's a bit of a masochist.