Yamato 1/60 Non-Canon Color VF-1's

CF18

And is it me or does Roy look like he's suited up in an olive drab flightsuit? Or is it just the lighting making it look dark green?

Might be the tint from the Canopy or Yamato said "Roy in a Olive drab suit, why not!" B))

to illustrate my point regarding what i feel the direction should be, it should be along these lines..... attached a low vis versus a normal scheme for comparison.

Pics made by a member named Garoquel a while back where macrossmilcomnet was active.

post-701-1242496925_thumb.gif

post-701-1242496939_thumb.jpg

Edited by BlueMax

to illustrate my point regarding what i feel the direction should be, it should be along these lines..... attached a low vis versus a normal scheme for comparison.

Pics made by a member named Garoquel a while back where macrossmilcomnet was active.

that's exactly what I'm talking about, but the canopy should have a dark gray outline. And maybe the pilots would have Macross Zero uniforms like the Low Viz. Or from Macross Ace.

that's exactly what I'm talking about, but the canopy should have a dark gray outline. And maybe the pilots would have Macross Zero uniforms like the Low Viz. Or from Macross Ace.

The Zero pilot Uniform would look great, But I kinda like the light gray outline better. But either would look good!!

what eyesonme78 said!!!!

+ (if someone hasn,t done so already) can someone translate the text next to the tv Roy?...I ,ve gotta know what we,re in for ,so I can consult the budget!!

THANX B))

what eyesonme78 said!!!!

+ (if someone hasn,t done so already) can someone translate the text next to the tv Roy?...I ,ve gotta know what we,re in for ,so I can consult the budget!!

THANX B))

It says this is just a sample, and the final product may be different.

And the price would be the same as a regular valk (10290 yen).

No indication that it is a limited edition... yet.

Personally I think this is not a limited edition.

Limited editions are, at large, models that do not guarantee decent profit.

The 1/48 has already moved into this criteria, so the Max/ Kakizaki TV 1A is built-to-order.

The weathered models... I think given the extra weathering spray-work, the cost is higher and more risky if they don't sell. So all weathered valks/ destroids are limited.

Now come to the 1/60 VF-1S LV... The manufacturing is just the same as a regular valk. And it's also an 1S (which is easier to sell I think), so this is safe for Yamato to have a standard issue for it instead of limited edition.

aside all this discussion, is there any photos of it being in other modes?

And i am beginning to wonder will this be another limited edition again?

I hate to see it to be like 1/48 low viz ver 1.0....

The original low viz wasn't that much of a limited item. Any one of us could have bought it at the time they were released. They just made sure that there weren't going to be any rerelease. The limited runs that Yamato is doing now is ridiculous... 1000 each item and some made to order only for Japan.

The original low viz wasn't that much of a limited item. Any one of us could have bought it at the time they were released. They just made sure that there weren't going to be any rerelease. The limited runs that Yamato is doing now is ridiculous... 1000 each item and some made to order only for Japan.

I suppose that's after the original LV Yamato learnt to play with limited edition. :mellow:

The LV was in the bargain bin I've heard when it was first released. But it was sold at a premium a few years later!

IMO, tagging an item "LIMITED" is just bait for hardcore collectors... the bad thing about it is, most of the time, hoarders get to these items first... what's more is, a limited or exclusive version of a regular release item is always priced much higher by the manufacturer and subsequently by the hoarders...

good thing i'm more of a fan first, casual collector second, so i'm not really into these limited/special edition/web exclusive whatever stuff...

Edited by m0n5t3r

IMO, tagging an item "LIMITED" is just bait for hardcore collectors... the bad thing about it is, most of the time, hoarders get to these items first...

good thing i'm more of a fan first, casual collector second, so i'm not really into these limited/special edition/web exclusive whatever stuff...

Yammies are always limited to me; there would be a re-issue someday, yes; but you don't know how far that would be (except when it comes to a Focker 1S maybe). Think about the M&M Q-raus and the 1/48 M&M 1J... So I always get the thing in the first week. The decision is easy when you don't have to pay shipping!

So the "limited" tag has no special meaning to me.

BTW, we have seen too many "special", "web exclusive" and "limited editions" in the past months. When it is impossible to collect them all, it's easier to let go.

I'm worried that if I'll buy this 1S Low-Vis, then they'll release a 1J low-Vis, which is more what I prefer...

But if I don't buy this 1S, they'll get sold out, and the 1J Low-Vis will never be released... :(

I'm worried that if I'll buy this 1S Low-Vis, then they'll release a 1J low-Vis, which is more what I prefer...

But if I don't buy this 1S, they'll get sold out, and the 1J Low-Vis will never be released... :(

Buy it then sell it when the J comes out. If it's limited then you can sell it for more. If not, these things won't lose value 'til the 1/48 v.2 comes out... :p

Though there are some questions about this "Low-vis"

a) Is it really a Focker alternative colour? The pilot inside is clearly green? Then again it has to be a Focker cause of the Skull leader '001' number...

b) Will the visor be green, blue or transparent?

c) Will this further delay the release of a Focker TV, which hopefully will come with a Hiki and Roy pilots?

Buy it then sell it when the J comes out. If it's limited then you can sell it for more. If not, these things won't lose value 'til the 1/48 v.2 comes out... :p

Funny enough, a while back while chatting with a friend, we also wondered of the V.2's value if Yamato decide on this dreaded idea of 1/48 v.2.

And it's possible as it's already been proven a success. :lol:

I don't think the 1/60 v2.0's value will go down if

yamato decides on doing a 1/48 v2.0. For one, it

will be a lot more expensive compared to the 1/60.

You'll probably be able to get maybe 2 1/60's for

the price of one 1/48. And a lot of guys here prefer

the size of the 1/60. For me, maybe I'll just get 1,

maximum 3, just for the sake of having a 1/48.

What's the big deal about this clear fast pack?

It is just cool to have a clear coating on fast packs that allows you to see all the internal parts without having to take the cover off. It is a lot more useful on the 1/48s because the missiles move and can come out if you display fast packs without the covers, but this allowed you to see everything without anything coming off.

I dunno, not really feeling that color scheme. The gray's just a bit too dark.

So why can't Yamato give us a VF-1 in "Dark Bird" colors, like the one seen briefly in the orig series? That can be considered "canon" can't it?

vf-1a-darkbird-fighter.gif

Or how about SVF-41 Black Aces?