Yamato 1/60 Non-Canon Color VF-1's

CF18

So has the grey VF-1S officially been designated by Yamato as a TV Roy Focker?

Looks good, but I kind of wanted a white version with black arrows on its head and little Hikaru piloting it.

basically I am not quite sure what the heck the translation is trying to say about Fokker and gray finish, but I only know they are using the new crotch in this version.

Anyone read Japanese can give it a comprehensive translation?

I am glad they are redoing the way the legs go into the fuselage. I was trying to show off my VF-1D to a friend last week and I could not transform it. Well, eventually I did but it took me about 12 minutes to get that thing out.

I am glad they are redoing the way the legs go into the fuselage. I was trying to show off my VF-1D to a friend last week and I could not transform it. Well, eventually I did but it took me about 12 minutes to get that thing out.

actually I kinda understand why they went that way on V2 so that the crotch will force the door in place when you push them in, and it's a bit harder to get the crotch out unless you twist it with angle like what they are showing on their website.

I never own a 1/48 so I don't know how the well the door snap together once you put that crotch in.

So has the grey VF-1S officially been designated by Yamato as a TV Roy Focker?

Looks good, but I kind of wanted a white version with black arrows on its head and little Hikaru piloting it.

Please see my previous post:

From official site (my bad translation):

Macross "If" - This is the experimental valk when Focker switched from VF-0S to VF-1S. Instead of the normal low vis color of grey it is blue grey. As it is designated for Focker, it is decorated with his trademark color of yellow.

The kit will use the enhanced crotch joint from 1/48. It will also come with a Focker figure.

I prefer the TV VF-1S comes with a Focker. We can find a TV Hikaru pilot figure already, but we do not have a TV Focker yet.

Edited by ff95gj

Can't find the old Focker thread if there ever was one (can only remember a "is your VF-1S shoulder focked up??")

So, i haven't seen these pics posted, i'll have a go. :D Thanks to Overdrive for sending me and others some pics. (how come they weren't posted??)

What is it? It's far too dark to be a TV version, even got a DYRL? Roy pilot (diff colour tho), is it the first non-canon scheme done for the v.2??

Special OPs Roy? Looks deadly cool.

1-13.jpg

3864NX1F60VF-1SrWreBdl01.jpg

3864NX1F60VF-1SrWreBdl03.jpg

3864NX1F60VF-1SrWreBdl04.jpg

3864NX1F60VF-1SrWreBdl07.jpg

3864NX1F60VF-1SrWreBdl06.jpg

3864NX1F60VF-1SrWreBdl05.jpg

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

Hmm.... that intake danger at the leg appears to be decaled??!

Anyways, I think there was a split seconds of this color from the episode. And there better be a matching Strike fast pack for this.

Why you people can not accept the fact that this is a painted prototype and NOT a mass production finished product?

Why you people can not accept the fact that this is a painted prototype and NOT a mass production finished product?

Don't worry about it. We go through this every single time. I'm not sure if people just don't get it or if it's some sort of running gag.

So what's the official scheme name for the roy? Some ppl are calling it low viz, some call it spec ops, i'm personally calling it Roy TV uniform colours. :lol:

So what's the official scheme name for the roy? Some ppl are calling it low viz, some call it spec ops, i'm personally calling it Roy TV uniform colours. :lol:

I believe the description calls it "prototype colors" and gives that short descritpion of this being Roy's first VF-1S before he was given the white one. So, I'm sticking with "prototype colors"

While some people don't like it, it is officially named VF-1S Low Visibility. B))

While some people don't like it, it is officially named VF-1S Low Visibility. B))

When bright yellow becomes a "low vis" color I'll start liking that. I've seen store listings calling it LowVis though but I didn't see anything from Yamato calling it that... but then again I don't read Japanese.

When bright yellow becomes a "low vis" color I'll start liking that. I've seen store listings calling it LowVis though but I didn't see anything from Yamato calling it that... but then again I don't read Japanese.

:wacko: If you can't read Japanese, why would you think Yamato haven't called it that way?

It's right there in the name... Yes, in Japanese.

I won't argue with the yellow stripe. It contradicts the LV idea, but it looks good on a Focker.

This is a beauty. Really nice. And it totally reminds me of Roys uniform too. Would be great with a TV roy figure though. If I had enough $$ then I would get this one but I am trying to save for the ostrich and elintseeker.

For a non-conon scheme I think that they did a good job with this and it is a big surprise. Good color scheme. True that it is not really low vis with that yellow stripes thing going on. Maybe a red bullseye on the chestplate would be good too. Still a cool valk.

:wacko: If you can't read Japanese, why would you think Yamato haven't called it that way?

It's right there in the name... Yes, in Japanese.

I won't argue with the yellow stripe. It contradicts the LV idea, but it looks good on a Focker.

Because the schedule I saw just had it listed as VF-1S Focker Type.... and I wanted so much to believe they wouldn't paint something bright yellow and call it LowVis. Now what do we do if we want the original 1/48 LV scheme in 1/60? Clamoring for that is going to be confusing.

Because the schedule I saw just had it listed as VF-1S Focker Type.... and I wanted so much to believe they wouldn't paint something bright yellow and call it LowVis. Now what do we do if we want the original 1/48 LV scheme in 1/60? Clamoring for that is going to be confusing.

It's definitely not the best name they can use. :mellow:

I think VF-1S Prototype or something like that would stir more interests in people.

Too bad they can't create new part designs (can they?); otherwise throwing in a piece or two different parts for "prototype design" would be even better.

how many of you are getting this?

Definitely getting this. I like the dark tones. And this will make it the 4th non-white Valk in my new 1/60 collection. So far, I've not bought any whites in 1/60 scale yet. :lol:

At least, there's no worry of the yellowing problem of white plastics, right? ^_^

Definitely getting this. I like the dark tones. And this will make it the 4th non-white Valk in my new 1/60 collection. So far, I've not bought any whites in 1/60 scale yet. :lol:

At least, there's no worry of the yellowing problem of white plastics, right? ^_^

actually no. Darkly colored plastic actually has just as much pigment as lightly colored plastic and are therefore just as susceptible to discoloration.

Ngee Khiong says this variant is officially called "VF-1S Roy Focker's Unit Low Visibility Type".

I believe this is the Amazon Japan listing -> link

I can't read Japanese so if someone wants to give us a direct translation, please do.

Considering everything is pointing to Roy Focker, I would recommend the mods do their magic

and somehow attache the last couple of pages to the appropriate Yamato 1/60 v.2 Roy Focker thread.

Thank you.

Edited by lechuck

This is a beauty. Really nice. And it totally reminds me of Roys uniform too. Would be great with a TV roy figure though.

Shall we petition to Lord Graham?

In fact the set comes with 4 posing hands; which means they are assuming this is a TV version (DYRL only get 2 extra hands).

But in the offical page, we still see a DYRL Focker...

We NEED a TV Focker (oh, I mean both the pilot figure, and another TV-accurate VF-1S). Pleasssseeee?

Going by the pilot and the yellow arrows on the head this is technically a DYRL variant.

If I had to guess, I'm suspecting that Yamato might milk us a little later for a proper TV version.

Whether that comes with Roy, Hikaru or both pilots is anyone's guess and a not so easy decision for Yamato.

Going by the pilot and the yellow arrows on the head this is technically a DYRL variant.

If I had to guess, I'm suspecting that Yamato might milk us a little later for a proper TV version.

Whether that comes with Roy, Hikaru or both pilots is anyone's guess and a not so easy decision for Yamato.

Let's forget about the yellow arrows. The whole design is a new paint scheme.

But now we have TV style hands (just my assumption from the description of "4 posing hands"; unless they make new posing mechanical hands now) and a DYRL pilot figure? That is not consistent.

It's already mentioned somehow on this board that the TV 1S would be there someday, as far as the rumor goes. Personally I vote for a TV Focker figure, because we have the TV Hikaru pilot figure already.

(Of course both would be better, but I won't expect too much)

Ngee Khiong says this variant is officially called "VF-1S Roy Focker's Unit Low Visibility Type".

I believe this is the Amazon Japan listing -> link

I can't read Japanese so if someone wants to give us a direct translation, please do.

Well the katakana there reads "ro-bizubiritei-" phonetically. Which I'd wager is supposed to be low visibility. The Kanji in the header seems to be superfluous to the actual model type.

Well the katakana there reads "ro-bizubiritei-" phonetically. Which I'd wager is supposed to be low visibility. The Kanji in the header seems to be superfluous to the actual model type.

The kanji just means "Type". So kata+kanji = low visibility Type.

Anyway, I just consider this a special VF-1S (maybe the first?) that's issued to the Ace pilot, Roy. Just like the Red Baron Manfred Freiherr von Richthofen. ^_^

The kanji just means "Type". So kata+kanji = low visibility Type.
I was referring more so to the kanji that precedes the model description which is more about the toy category than model itself. Although if I'm not mistaken the one following it is more spec than type but I'm sure I'm missing some nuance.