If Your Life Was an Anime Series...

VFTF1

Now here's something that will hopefully gain recognition as a good topic. I was thinking about this - what would your life look like if they made an anime about it, with you in the central role? Granted, there are technically no giant robots or aliens in real life, but we all know that these things are wide ranging metaphors for science, political domination, the depths of human evil, hope and a myriad of other metaphysical concepts. And I'm sure there have been a few good looking girls in everybody's lives - and that's plenty enough for a good anime.

So?

Try giving us a title and a plot summary. If you feel creative, you can even give us more than that, some fan art - whatever.

I'll post mine sometime later, as I've only now started thinking about it and while I usually run my mouth before thinking, this time I'd like to take some time to consider it. Hopefully by then others will have put some great stuff in here.

Pete

Now here's something that will hopefully gain recognition as a good topic. I was thinking about this - what would your life look like if they made an anime about it, with you in the central role? Granted, there are technically no giant robots or aliens in real life, but we all know that these things are wide ranging metaphors for science, political domination, the depths of human evil, hope and a myriad of other metaphysical concepts. And I'm sure there have been a few good looking girls in everybody's lives - and that's plenty enough for a good anime.

So?

Try giving us a title and a plot summary. If you feel creative, you can even give us more than that, some fan art - whatever.

I'll post mine sometime later, as I've only now started thinking about it and while I usually run my mouth before thinking, this time I'd like to take some time to consider it. Hopefully by then others will have put some great stuff in here.

Pete

The title negates any need for a plot summary.

"My Sh!tty Life"

Taksraven

So you basically want us to brag about our sports, professional, and sexual conquest achievements? Don't get me wrong, I think Agent ONE is the most interesting subject I have ever heard of, but seriously... A self gratification thread? I can't really get into it.

Besides, even though I have experienced hundreds of beautiful women, felt the howls of fans in both the sports and political arenas, and have cured diseases and helped humanity in my professional life, I don't think my story will end well. I am a bitter, person. I see my life ending up like Colonel Kurtz in some way.

my life is boring. I wouldn't know why would anyone make an anime about it.

If anything it should be about how a bored-of-life I.T consultant who finds the girl of his dreams.....a 18 year old cosplayer who bumped into him on a train. :lol:

I fail in life. :(

This thread is fail...anime is about escapism....i don't wanna go back to my "real life" and present it in a medium that's supposed to provide escapism to its viewers.

If anything it should be about how a bored-of-life I.T consultant who finds the girl of his dreams.....a 18 year old cosplayer who bumped into him on a train.

That doesn't sound like failure. I'd be happy if that happened to me :) But you need a working title.

I have experienced hundreds of beautiful women, felt the howls of fans in both the sports and political arenas, and have cured diseases and helped humanity in my professional life, I don't think my story will end well. I am a bitter, person. I see my life ending up like Colonel Kurtz in some way.

So we have a heroic/tragic anime then. The horror, the horror :) And of course "Agent ONE" is a perfect anime series title anyways :)

Clerks The Animated Series....

I never even saw the live action series and don't know what it's about :o help :o

nobody can decipher the characters, full of creator cliches, looks good but boring and pointless

This sounds eerily similar to what mine would look like :)

"My Sh!tty Life"

Now even I, not knowing you very well, could do better than that.

The Anime series would be called Taks Raven Yellow Lightman Super Fight Go!

It would feature a shadowy character who is a down in the dumps teacher with a cynical outlook and an idealist's heart going up against an equally cynical cleverly polite Char-look alight and his transforming yellow chogokin lighter with which he lights his cigarrettees and burns his victims :)

It would be a cult classic for sure :)

Good stuff people :)

Pete

I already have an anime series courtesy of Bsu Legato.

Dangard Ace, my old nemesis! Smack

Future Metro Savior T.O.

It is now 100 years after a freak time-space accident leaves the city of Toronto quite literally at the center of the universe. Now, a new generation has arisen from the ashes to do what Neo Torontonians do best...

But while they try to figure out just what that is, Dangard Ace keeps law and order in this brave new world. With the help of three young, nubile Witch Girls (who also happen to be cat girls) and a giant robot called Exeter Pilot, which only Dangard can operate, he will protect this city in a series of comic misadventures. After all, they are alone with the ones they love most: Themselves.

I've noticed that young whiper snappers have started using the word "win" in a new way - as in "this is win!" rather than "this is a winner" or some such.

So, I'm not surprised other young whiper snappers are now saying "this is fail" rather than "this is a failure."

I was also quite surprised to learn that "sick" now means "cool" which, I guess, was itself once a surprise for some people who learned that it meant "hip."

One of our members has a sig about this (what? - why "It" of course) which is quite to the point.

Pete

I ride around the world on a motorcycle with a chimp in the sidecar. We solve crimes and mysteries. For some reason the chimp always gets the girl.

Sub you for Clint Eastwood, and the bike for a semi and thats "any which way but lose"

Which was a terrible movie BTW

Well, I spent the day thinking about what the Anime about me would be like and... here it is:

Peter Pan-San

This anime follows the story of a little boy whose grew up on the move, never stopping in any one galaxy long enough to get a sense of being at home. He's spoiled rotten, and he uses his mostly inhereted wealth to indulge his many vices; the list of which keeps growing as he gets older. It starts with sentient transforming robots which he buys off of Quintesson slave traders; but when they rebel, he decides he'd rather have non-sentient mecha to pilot, so he starts buying Valkyries. Then, as his inheritence dwindles and he keeps getting fired from job after job because - to his shock and horror - he is actually expected to; well - do work - he finds his sexual desires growing as he goes from boyhood to manhood. Unable to afford both prostitutes AND giant robots, he desperately seeks out a girlfriend who will give him free sex thereby leaving him with money for his robots. Sadly, he falls into the clutches of an evil femme fatale who uses and abuses him, leaving him broke and with a really bad rash. Thankfully, an older wealthy lady takes pity on him in the end and agrees to mentor him through life while also offering him casual sex on the side. Together, they embark upon numerous endeavors which secure large sums of money for their future, and then they ride off on their super robot mecha into the sunset, while feasting on India curry and drinking lavish amounts of excellent wine.

The End.

Whatdya think? :)

Pete

Sub you for Clint Eastwood, and the bike for a semi and thats "any which way but lose"

Which was a terrible movie BTW

Ah, but my chimp (I think Clyde was an orangutan) speaks with a distinguished English accent and we don't deal with redneck types (unless we're busting an illicit cousin-swapping ring) so it'll be much better than those awful Eastwood films. ;)

Terra Force

War for dominion over a distant planet erupts. Dropships launch Earth-issue military mechs to pacify any rowdy civilians. The Terra Force do not expect to encounter such heavy resistance as civilians armed with the latest in weaponry fire on the mechs, decimating the battalion. How did they acquire such weapons? It doesn't matter. We're supposed to be talking about me here.

My story takes place months into the war. I've tried to stay neutral in the whole conflict...until I stumble across a badly damaged transformable mech/military vehicle. Having a natural knack for machines, I begin to restore it. One night, the mech gets stolen. During the search to retrieve my pride and joy, I unwittingly uncover a conspiracy along with the enormous secret that sparked this war to begin with.

Oh... I find my modified mech, kill the thief and end up leading an army against my oppressors.

This all takes place in the same universe as a story I've been writing. ;)

Edit:

Forgot to give it a title. Edited by RD Blade

The way my luck goes, after failing ratings, due to the fact that my life is incredibly boring, they decide to revamp it. Ripping off another anime, they have me get hit by an alien spaceship, and the aliens rebuild me as a girl, for no apparent reason. I suppose, if I could be cute....

The one I'd like: Werewolf with access to high technology, trying to live a normal life, is constantly called upon to battle high tech bad guys, and supernatural forces, bent on destroying the world as we know it. Nasty looking magic sword is a must. Maybe I could even get to drive a giant wolf shaped mech, on occasion.

I've noticed that young whiper snappers have started using the word "win" in a new way - as in "this is win!" rather than "this is a winner" or some such.

So, I'm not surprised other young whiper snappers are now saying "this is fail" rather than "this is a failure."

or simply as a verb: "this thread fails". Its actually LESS typing than "this thread is fail". Apparantly deliberately changing the function of the word comes off as contrived and annoying to me.

I`m pretty sure its an internet/young thing. I feel older and older the more I use the internet. I`m 31.

Edited by MilSpex

or simply as a verb: "this thread fails". Its actually LESS typing than "this thread is fail". Apparantly deliberately changing the function of the word comes off as contrived and annoying to me.

I`m pretty sure its an internet/young thing. I feel older and older the more I use the internet. I`m 31.

Bah, don't get too worried about the English language getting corrupted. Its always been an absolute mongrel of a language, put together from others, and words and expressions fall in and out of fashion and context all the time.

Taksraven

Look on the bright side...you rarely see anyone uSiNg MiXeD cApItAlS aNd LoWeR cAsE aNyMoRe.

AND PEOPLE TYPING IN ALL CAPS IS FROWNED UPON AND DISCOURAGED IN ANY SITUATION.

Anyway, my anime would be one of those in-jokey otaku-centric stories, but half the in-jokes would be about anime, the other half would be about Post-WWI European Modernist Literature, and the third half would be about sixties garage rock. Probably about a guy on a starship (headed for the galactic center, of course) trying to chat up cute girls by getting them into deep discussions about Marcel Proust and James Joyce, or burning Velvet Underground CDs for them.

The Japanese title would be 宇宙文学戦士トマスマン, but the English version would be wackily retitled "You Put Your Gundam in My Kafka!"

Look on the bright side...you rarely see anyone uSiNg MiXeD cApItAlS aNd LoWeR cAsE aNyMoRe.

W

h

o n

e

e

d

s m

i

x

e

d c

a

s

e

w

h

e

n

y

o

u c

a

n h

a

v

e

f

u

n w

i

t

h

s

p

o

i

l

e

r

s

?

01000001 01101110 01100100 00100000 01111001 01101111 01110101 00100000 01100011 01100001 01101110 00100000 01101000 01100001 01110110 01100101 00100000 01100110 01110101 01101110 00100000 01110111 01101001 01110100 01101000 00100000 01100010 01101001 01101110 01100001 01110010 01111001 00100000 01110100 01101111 01101111 00101100 00100000 01101001 01100110 00100000 01111001 01101111 01110101 00100000 01100001 01110010 01100101 00100000 01100001 00100000 01110010 01100101 01100001 01101100 00100000 01101110 01100101 01110010 01100100 00100001

Taksraven

01000001 01101110 01100100 00100000 01111001 01101111 01110101 00100000 01100011 01100001 01101110 00100000 01101000 01100001 01110110 01100101 00100000 01100110 01110101 01101110 00100000 01110111 01101001 01110100 01101000 00100000 01100010 01101001 01101110 01100001 01110010 01111001 00100000 01110100 01101111 01101111 00101100 00100000 01101001 01100110 00100000 01111001 01101111 01110101 00100000 01100001 01110010 01100101 00100000 01100001 00100000 01110010 01100101 01100001 01101100 00100000 01101110 01100101 01110010 01100100 00100001

Damn you and you're binary, had you posted this in 2006 I would actually be able to read this.

If my life was an anime, it would be like a mix of high school of the dead and Shawn of the dead. (i.e. less fan service and more stupid humor. (ok, same amounts of fan service, but still with more otaku/nerd humor) me and my friends running around shooting zombies, blowing poo up, and doing parodies of other anime's and Hollywood movies.

That or it would be hentai series about an otaku college student who suddenly finds that all the women around him desperately want to have sex with him everywhere all the time. yeah, it would totally be like that. :p

I am actually planning to make a comic, featuring myself and my wife as traveling peeps with our two cats! Not sure how the story will go, but we help strangers with their troubles. Sound familiar? May be a cliche for many, but most of circumstances and events on these anime are honed from real life experiences.

But anyway, when there is good, there is also the bad. I plan to base the "bad guys/girls" on stupid-ass people we know...and from loud jerks out there who like to start sh** but got no ballz to back their sh** up! Sorry, I sound a bit ghetto for a sec...oh yeah, and those ***kers who drive like sh** and have very little disregard to fellow peeps.

I've not plan to be famous or make money from this...I think I'll just post it on my website.

But if our life was an anime series, definitely Naruto! And my wife would be Hinata Hyuga, but with a little more spunk!

Evening hot showers are the best! :)

Hmm an Anime about me could be many number of things. We could try the one about the space band who lives on a space ship and fights space aliens with space songs.....space! It could be a romantic comedy about an idiot and his intelligent girlfriend, but that has been done to death. Ooh maybe a series about an oyster farmer in New Jersey with a lust for the bizzare who dredges up a giant robot and fights crime on the weekends and has a talking cat who blurts out 1 liners every 5 seconds..... Nah.

maybe a series about an oyster farmer in New Jersey with a lust for the bizzare who dredges up a giant robot and fights crime on the weekends and has a talking cat who blurts out 1 liners every 5 seconds

That sounds good to me! :)

"You Put Your Gundam in My Kafka!"

Excellent as ever Gubaba :)

Combine those----rebuilt into a girl werewolf.

Then just add Jack Nicholson and Michelle Pfiefer who actually did an entire MOVIE about this :)

Sorry, I sound a bit ghetto for a sec

Ghetto anime would be a nice change of pace. It would be like Ali G does Akibabara or wha' eva'sss calT.

Booyakasha!

Pete

Combine those----rebuilt into a girl werewolf. :)

Oh great. Now, I've got a magical girl style transformation sequence stuck in my head....

Anyone know how to poke out one's own mind's eye?

(Actually, that could probably make for a good action comedy, if done right. :lol: )

Edited by Greyryder

Its no different than:

LOL

ROTF

IMHO

teh = the

OMG

l33t

Part of it is just kids thinking they are cool because they do it different. Kids of every generation have done this... When I was a kid everything was RAD. Then I got older and everything was HELLA good (or bad or whatever). I was never much into this as I realized then it was kinda weird.