Bandai 1/72 Scale Macross Frontier Model Kit Thread Ver.3

azrael

Could be that Yamato has the Macross 7 license for toys, but Bandai has the Macross 7 and all other licenses for 1/48 kits. It could also explain why Yamato isn't doing much with their VF-1 in 1/48, and concentrating much of their efforts on their 1/60 lines.

errr.....its because 1/60 has become yamato's defacto scale more like.

As for Bandai going 1/48, its simply so it won't compete with their 1/60 DX and 1/72 model kits, that's all. And 1/48 is pretty common aerial model scale.

Lucifer !! WANT !! :lol:

1:48 VF-25 WANT !! WANT !!!! WANT !!!!!! WANT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol:

OMG I fell like a 5 years kid in a toy store :D

exactly how I feel now, I'd like to add 1/72 Antares 1!!! want want want!!! 1/72 Q-rea!!! want want want!!!!

(the wallet: "NO!! you've had enough toys for this year! now go feed me more money!!!"

exactly how I feel now, I'd like to add 1/72 Antares 1!!! want want want!!! 1/72 Q-rea!!! want want want!!!!

(the wallet: "NO!! you've had enough toys for this year! now go feed me more money!!!"

hahaha yeah, I want know what release date have 1/48 VF-25F for planing my buys cos is now in top of my priority.

The only buy that I cant skip is the Yamatos Ostrich, and the armored Ozma 1/72 already reserved, the rest can be wait.

exactly man! 1/48 vf-25f has become THE PRIORITY for me now

until that is released, the essential ones for me are only the 1/72 armored ozma and alto, and 1/72 vf-27

even these at best are only to serve my appetite until we get 1/48 versions of them too

everything else suddenly just became insignificant

Thanks for the speculation, but translation plox! XD

The text behind is the introduction of the VF-27. Piloted by Ranka's brother, better than the VF-25, the engines are inherited from VF-22, blah blah blah.

Could be that Yamato has the Macross 7 license for toys, but Bandai has the Macross 7 and all other licenses for 1/48 kits. It could also explain why Yamato isn't doing much with their VF-1 in 1/48, and concentrating much of their efforts on their 1/60 lines.

Arghhhh...............nothing to do with why Yamato is not doing much with 1/48 scale anymore.

Yamato have already done all 1/48 VF-1 already except two-seaters. They don't want to do two seater VF-1 in 1/48, as the 1/48 was not originally designed with two-seaters in mind and while possible, the end-result may not be good enough to satisfy Yamato, due to various compromises in design that would have to be made.

Yamato don't want to do other VFs in 1/48 due to the high cost and large size of the toy, which would likely result in reduced sales.

Nothing to do with licencing issues. REPEAT nothing to do with licencing issues or secret deals with Bandai!!!!!!

Simply put, 1/60 is Yamato's scale of choice, that's all.

Can we stop with the tin foil hat conspiracy theories please.

Graham

Yeah, stop the speculation regarding licensing issues...we need to come up with a plan to get these things for free or rob a bank and make room for them! :p

Actually, I am not that sure the 1/48 VF-25 is a priority, and now I suddenly had the feeling it was a stupid idea to stock up the entire SMS Squad in 1/72 and not build them while they were hot. I am sure glad I never bought any of Bandai's DX crap, although I was close to compulsive buying last week! The VF-27 and Queadlunn Rea are both 1/72 I suppose, so I am probably giving the 48th only one chance, and that will have to depend on factors yet to be discovered as the real samples start to show up.

There is also the addictive VF-100s collection, which I am "glad" to find that the new armored version has the same misplaced leg to crotch connector as the old version, no improvement yet as seen in the Shizuoka production sample (first pictures were deceiving); that's one I can skip if it stays wrong like this, and will prompt me to give up the series altogether (so far got the F and S, nothing on pre-order).

In short, seems I will definitely have to stick to Bandai plastic models for a while if I want Frontier stuff...problem is now we have a grand new scale and the room for improvements is mind-boggling!

I think it's cause for Yamato to produce fully assembled Vf-0, 19, 22, and etc, all in 1/48 which will be a whole lot larger than a VF-1, the product would be too expensive. Already the VF-0 in 1/60 is as large as a VF-1 in 1/48, now imagine it in 1/60?

As for Bandai producing the VF-25 in 1/48, well they're kits, which require no assemble or painting, so would end up being sold at a lower price...

In short, seems I will definitely have to stick to Bandai plastic models for a while if I want Frontier stuff...problem is now we have a grand new scale and the room for improvements is mind-boggling!

Stick to it my friend. I bought Alto's VF100 and amazingly disappointed on the part swapping mess, not to mention I cancel my preorder for VF100 Michel's custom. This monday I received my 1/72 Michel Custom + Super part... Completely forgotten the bad taste left by the VF100 line... Completely.

Much more fun to build my own model kit than buying one mess of parts nightmare (although the VF100 VF25 fighter sculpt is very nice).

The text behind is the introduction of the VF-27. Piloted by Ranka's brother, better than the VF-25, the engines are inherited from VF-22, blah blah blah.

Thanks for the translation! I don't really understand the engine part though-- from M3, the VF-27 uses the Shinchuushuu/P&W/RR/MG FF-3011/C Stage II thermonuclear reaction turbine engines while the VF-22 uses the Shinnakasu Industry/P&W/Roice FF-2450B thermonuclear engines which has about half the thrust (which means that the VF-27 has eight times the thrust of the VF-22!!).

Either way, this is amazing! I hope the 1/48 VF-25 will be PG though i.e. more details/movable parts than the 1/72 kit, and not a simple up-sizing like how their 1/100 non scale gundam kits are really just upscaled 1/144 HG kits.

I hate you Bandai for coming out with the NEW Decalture decals!!!

Hmm, no the real question is:

Where can I find the artwork that they used?

Wow, I'm sooo stoked over the 1/72 Q-rea! (although, it does really seem a little small...)

Edited by Kelsain

Thanks for the translation! I don't really understand the engine part though-- from M3, the VF-27 uses the Shinchuushuu/P&W/RR/MG FF-3011/C Stage II thermonuclear reaction turbine engines while the VF-22 uses the Shinnakasu Industry/P&W/Roice FF-2450B thermonuclear engines which has about half the thrust (which means that the VF-27 has eight times the thrust of the VF-22!!).

Either way, this is amazing! I hope the 1/48 VF-25 will be PG though i.e. more details/movable parts than the 1/72 kit, and not a simple up-sizing like how their 1/100 non scale gundam kits are really just upscaled 1/144 HG kits.

I am so sorry that I mis-translated it....

It actually says the canopy, arms and legs design are inherited from the VF-22 line. Not the engine.

I am so sorry that I mis-translated it....

It actually says the canopy, arms and legs design are inherited from the VF-22 line. Not the engine.

No problem. Thanks for making the effort to retranslate! Haha I am practically giddy with joy at the 1/72 VF-27.. I've wanted one ever since I got my first VF-25 kit.

I am so proud to work for one of the companies that is in the Valkrie engine consortium !

Yea I would definitely agree with captain. I was going to state that last night, but figured since it's a prototype/mock up I would wait until its been confirmed whether it's a variable or not.

***EDIT***

The fuselage definitely looks a bit too "one piece" to me. Along with a few other sections. I figured they would've made the wings separate from the body at least.

However, it looks real nice with all the detail.

Edited by PsYcHoDyNaMiX

Holy crap, 1/48 scale! Didn't see that comming at all. Wonder if it will be marketed as Perfect Grade.

That's gonna be huge, like 39cm long in fighter mode!

Think we need a new thread for the 1/48.

Graham

ROAR!!! Do want!

If this is going to be PG, it'll probably be transformable and come with super and armor parts as well. Hopefully they'll be hot-swappable instead of needing to part-swap them. Crossing fingers so all this can come true!

*Saving mode, START!*

Edited by shiroikaze