Bandai 1/72 Scale Macross Frontier Model Kit Thread Ver.3

azrael

looking at how great the armored VF-25 kit has been:

- completely locking jet mode (with tabs), almost like yamato ver2 1/60 vf-1 quality

- good gerwalk mode support pieces and display stand adapter (just need to paint them in metallic to look good)

- good battroid mode display adapter and support pieces

i can only imagine the vf-27 will be as good :D

the worst offering, by far, is the vf-25 super messiah

- legs sagging due to no locks/support in jetmode

- almost non-existent gerwalk mode, but possible. no support at all

- crap battroid display adapter that cannot support the weight. battroids can fall right off ur display stand anytime.

i have practically stowed away all the super parts i ever bought (4 sets mind you) in total disgust for it.

i'm not pissed off about them enough to throw them in the rubbish bin yet though

right now all my vf-25 models are either in plain or with armor pack.

This might not be the right place for it, but has there been any update on that 1/48 VF-25 model, is that actually going to happen? If so will they due all of the 25s or just Alto?

On a side note, I might have to get that VF-27...

I don't really like the design so far, but maybe I'll change my mind once I see it in sweet CG action.

I understand the reason for the design (atmospheric combat), except the tornado pack guns are obviously a Bandai design and very impractical (atmospheric entry anyone?). Not something we usually see from Kawamori... :rolleyes:

I understand the reason for the design (atmospheric combat), except the tornado pack guns are obviously a Bandai design and very impractical (atmospheric entry anyone?). Not something we usually see from Kawamori... :rolleyes:

It's quintessentially Kawamori IMHO. We're talking about a mech designer who loves the idea of add-on armor, boosters, missiles, guns, and whatnot no matter how impractical or ridiculous it looks.

sdp-1-stampede-fighter_small.gif

vf-11b-booster_small.gif

vf-19custom-boosteropen-battroid_small.gif

I find it amusing that the magazine has a question mark over the chase fighter. Particularly since it's been revealed on the web in pictures of the Macross Museum. The VF-25 Tornado... B))

:blink: That was more than a month ago, before they show anything about the tornado pack.