Bandai 1/72 Scale Macross Frontier Model Kit Thread Ver.3

azrael

At first look I was think meh... But watching the box artwork I found that this pack is realy cool, its a detachable upgrade for VF-25 to match up the VF-27 performance.

Watch the pic, is a close desing realy :

0536.jpg

Edited by SVF-Gerwalk

Wow new movie weapon pack for VF-25. The big unit should be a model, and the smaller unit should be the 1:250 VF collection toy.

source

Alright, well since nobody else seems to want to talk about the white elephant in the corner, I guess I will.

Are you f#cking sh*tting me???? That's the absolute stupidest, ugliest POS imaginable! What fracking retarded two year-old came up with THAT craptastic design???

The Captain declares the new "super" pack: epic fail!

**Rant over**

And no offence to CF18 is implied or intended, I acknowledge that he is merely the messenger here.

No offense taken. I just reported the news and also have reservation of this new design, especially the "gun cannon" look of B-mode. Although it is similar to the strike pack in some way.

If it is made to match against VF-27, that reminds me what Ozma said about the VF-171EX.

The line-art for the new pack looks 10x better than the models. They look "organic" and bulky, the drawing is mechanical and sleek.

The Tornado pack on that 1/72 looks like a sculpt so I would give it a few more months to see the final version.

On the other side...I sense floppy shoulders on the VF-27 in addition to back problems. Might be one that will probably only see fighter mode, without the stand.

looks halfway decent in fighter but with those new tack on wings just hanging off the back it just accentuates what I didn't like about the vf-25 design to begin with.

I really don't care for the way those two cannons are designed or mounted though. easy pass for me.

On the Tornado pack; I actually like the 2 cannons on top than when in battroid reminds me of some Gundams. The organic back pack isn't bad either. I think the organic wing boosters are a bit too girly which I speculate a female pilot??. The tips and widening attachments on the wings..eeerr hideous!!. BUT..it gives me ideas about modifying it to something really cool looking with the armored boosters of the 25F or S; something ALA Stampede valk... Anyone catches my drift here?

>snip<

well I think the New Packs are the sexiest thing ever in the history of forever so :p it's like a dual strike pack only cooler!

If this pack comes out for the DX I'll buy it even if the DX it goes on is still the same craptastic mess. also looking forward to a DX VF-27. (I'm done with the 1/72 model line, I still haven't finished my VF-25F kits from when they first came out.)

It looks as if they are trying to make it look more Zentraedi...

I hope this THING either doesn't make it to the film or gets very short screen time.

I bet it makes an appearance in the end...

Edited by shiroikaze

I don't know what to make of the new packs. Need to see it in action to make up my mind. :)

That said... in fighter mode, the twin cannons reminds me of the G-Fighter from Gundam.

g-fighter.jpg

In battroid mode, it reminds me of something from Seed Destiny (like Infinite Justice with Strike's IWSP cannons) :unsure:

zgmf-x19a.jpg

Edited by Vifam7

I'll have to agree with the Captain... its starting to look a bit rediculous. However the lineart isn't so bad though. We'll just have to wait and see.

I suspect that we`ll see some diferents events in the movie like combats against VF-27s

To me looks a logical step, two cannos against the beam rifle of VF-27, even the cannons have a close desing :

0576857636.jpg

I suspect too that will be a new rifle desing for the VF-25, in the prototype there no rifle ...

Edited by SVF-Gerwalk

Ohh wait, there a rifle in the VF-25 artwork :

This mean that in the new desing there no gun pod, the rifle ported in back shield.

That's a power condenser cooling unit.

They are calling this thing an "Atmospheric" unit. How can covering up your leading edges on the wings make this an "atmospheric" unit? Why would something designed to look like a airplane need an "atmospheric" unit? Put all the boosters you want for a space configuration, but I would hope that the people who designed the plane version of this thing would have considered "atmospheric" flight when they designed the thing.

Epic fail...or just another excuse to sell more models.

They are calling this thing an "Atmospheric" unit. How can covering up your leading edges on the wings make this an "atmospheric" unit? Why would something designed to look like a airplane need an "atmospheric" unit? Put all the boosters you want for a space configuration, but I would hope that the people who designed the plane version of this thing would have considered "atmospheric" flight when they designed the thing.

Epic fail...or just another excuse to sell more models.

Well, you need detach the super parts if you go to the atmosphere, instead the VF-27 dont need to do so can use bosters to obtain more advantage.

With this new pack you dont need detach the bosters, so you have the same VF-27 advantage.

I understand why is called atmospheric unit, you can go in with it.

Edited by SVF-Gerwalk

Well, you need detach the super parts if you go to the atmosphere, instead the VF-27 dont need to do so can use bosters to obtain more advantage.

With this new pack you dont need detach the bosters, so you have the same VF-27 advantage.

I understand why is called atmospheric unit, you can go in with it.

Yeah, except for the fact that everything about that fast pack flies in the face of basic aerodynamics, specifically the concept of lift and drag.

Yeah, except for the fact that everything about that fast pack flies in the face of basic aerodynamics, specifically the concept of lift and drag.

Well there's that... Plus, it just looks like a$$, making it that much harder for me to suspend my disbelief. I really don't see why they couldn't just paint the regular super-armor pink and call the squadron the Pink Peckers or something; that would've been far more visually acceptable than that, that... Twin-barreled, Gundam reject-inspired monstrosity.

I can see why the new pack is light on weaponry, they won't need it: when the Vajra see them, they'll just laugh themselves to death.

The Captain's judgement of epic fail stands.

Edited by captain america

Well there's that... Plus, it just looks like a$$, making it that much harder for me to suspend my disbelief. I really don't see why they couldn't just paint the regular super-armor pink and call the squadron the Pink Peckers or something; that would've been far more visually acceptable than that, that... Twin-barreled, Gundam reject-inspired monstrosity.

I can see why the new pack is light on weaponry, they won't need it: when the Vajra see them, they'll just laugh themselves to death.

The Captain's judgement of epic fail stands.

Lol, there exist a Frontiers model that passes the Capitain judgement ?

Wow new movie weapon pack for VF-25. The big unit should be a model, and the smaller unit should be the 1:250 VF collection toy.

source

Looks to me like its the strike pack for a VF-24 as is designed to fit over delta wings, not the variable swing wings that the VF-25 has...

I like the use of the Zentradi style beam guns...

I am of the opinion that the Tornado pack is either going to be an SMS test unit for the VF-24 or we'll see the Tornado mounted on a VF-24 in the movie. If you want to surprise the audience with a new fighter (which was rumored way back shortly after the movie was announced) then you don't want to give away the secret until you are ready.

The Tornado Pack definitely looks like it belongs on the VF-24, not the VF-25, IMO. Keep in mind the VF-24 and VF-25 are nearly identical with the exception of the wings and cockpit.

Edited by Zinjo