Jump to content

Gundam Figure Thread - Newtype GN-002


Recommended Posts

14 hours ago, tekering said:

In terms of price, too.  :vava:

I know, so true. The whole industry is like that. The price on Figma has really inflated as well which you really only notice if you've been buying them since the beginning. MSiA/EMSiA were in the  ¥1500 to ¥2500 price range back in what 2007? Even the early RD Figures were much cheaper. I believe the pre Anime version of the GM Sniper II was around ¥2500 as well. It''s not as nice of a figure obviously. A little less polished with less features but still it was a solid offering.   Don't get me wrong the engineering and the base medium have improved greatly but I'm not sure that makes the 200% plus price hike any more palatable. That's not even considering the Tamashii web shop exclusive releases..

 

I received my effects parts set. Nice setup if you don't want to buy all the various individual figures for the battle damage effect parts. I'd like to see something like this for the thrusters and weapons if it isn't already in the works.

735204772_RX-79-1options.jpg.a64d05028c2fda0006fc4acce6056f09.jpg

Edited by bluemax151
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/9/2020 at 1:05 PM, bluemax151 said:

So many releases coming out for the UC fans. Really surpassing MSiA/EMSiA in terms of selection.

 

RGM-79C GM Type C Space

https://tamashii.jp/special/gundam_anime/gm_space.html

MS-06F-2 Zaku II F2

https://tamashii.jp/special/gundam_anime/zaku2_f2.html

If the trend continues, they have been releasing figures in order of appearance with Stardust Memory.  That would mean we may start tinder the DOM R2 space type released as we have already seen the EFSF space mobile suits for Stardust Memory get released.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 hours ago, Ridden001 said:

If the trend continues, they have been releasing figures in order of appearance with Stardust Memory.  That would mean we may start tinder the DOM R2 space type released as we have already seen the EFSF space mobile suits for Stardust Memory get released.

That is an excellent point with the releases so far. I might have to re-watch the series and see what we are still missing. That also explains why we have gotten a GP-01 Full Burnern yet. I wonder if Bandai is planning on releasing the Dendorbium or the Neue Ziel to finish off the Stardust Series. 

I also wonder why they skipped the Z'Gok-E when they were doing the War in the Pocket suits.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, sumyumgoy said:

I'm also hoping that Bandai finishes out 0080 as well.  There's still a few notable ones missing from that line.

Surely we can count on Bandai to finish out a line, right?

 

Right?  :huh:

 

I mean, it's not like Bandai's gonna leave money on the table...

 

...right?  :unsure:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

29 minutes ago, tekering said:

Surely we can count on Bandai to finish out a line, right?

 

Right?  :huh:

 

I mean, it's not like Bandai's gonna leave money on the table...

 

...right?  :unsure:

Did they ever finished any line? No matter what I collect from them, everything seems incomplete. ^_^

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'd like to see an RX-77D and a WD's repaint. I won't hold my breath though. I'm also curious if we'll see a AGX-04 Gerbera Tetra released.  I've pretty much decided to stick to early UC releases but I've still picked up a few of the other designs that have caught my eye. Mostly just the Mass Produced units. 

I'm hopeful at some point they will do the 08th MS units again. I have the pre Anime Gouf custom and it's alright. I won't buy as many as I did with MSiA obviously :)

 

1761545488_KojimaBattalionresize.jpg.9f17d969671482698a00730f3616682f.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/29/2020 at 1:19 PM, F360 said:

no , they are about 1 month or so behind.   The current one that is out is from the first batch. 

The one from Blue-fin is batch 2.5 . lol 

I live in neighboring city to Bluefin.. it looks like my package will arrive tomorrow, whoohooo.. signature required but I'm stuck at home atm so no matter hahaha

Hope everyone is enjoying theirs :D

Edited by chingu77
need to add more info
Link to comment
Share on other sites

38 minutes ago, Sanity is Optional said:

My Snow White's been out for delivery since 7:30 this morning, ETA by 10:30.

It's now 2pm, and still waiting.

Fedex home delivery :unsure:

53 minutes ago, chingu77 said:

I live in neighboring city to Bluefin.. it looks like my package will arrive tomorrow, whoohooo.. signature required but I'm stuck at home atm so no matter hahaha

Hope everyone is enjoying theirs :D

I requested to hold at a FedEx office near my place so I can just pick it up after work. ^_^

Link to comment
Share on other sites

49 minutes ago, crackpot said:

Is everybody getting theirs delivered the same day? Lol! My Bluefin order arrived today as well while my other order from Japan is stuck with Fedex express since last week. 

hmmm. is is stuck in custom?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, crackpot said:

That's what the customer reps are saying. I've never had that experience with a shipment taking more than a day in customs with FedEx. I hope they didn't misplace it. 

They opened it. Played with it. And now they’re trying to figure out how to get it back in the box without it being too obvious. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

31 minutes ago, crackpot said:

That's what the customer reps are saying. I've never had that experience with a shipment taking more than a day in customs with FedEx. I hope they didn't misplace it. 

where did you order from . maybe they did not declare the item correctly.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, Grey728 said:

They opened it. Played with it. And now they’re trying to figure out how to get it back in the box without it being too obvious. 

 

Probably! Lol! It's a pain in the ass placing those wings back in the box. 

 

Just now, F360 said:

where did you order from . maybe they did not declare the item correctly.

 

Kuramatoys. The rep said the paperwork seems fine as there wasn't any request for information. I'm just hoping it starts moving soon. :unknw:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/21/2020 at 2:31 PM, F360 said:

Fedex home delivery :unsure:

I requested to hold at a FedEx office near my place so I can just pick it up after work. ^_^

According to tracking they attempted delivery at 1:55, got no answer, and left a door tag.

Meanwhile I was sitting at a table by the door, heard nothing, and there was no door tag.

So I had it re-routed to the local FedEx office and picked it up today instead...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, Sanity is Optional said:

According to tracking they attempted delivery at 1:55, got no answer, and left a door tag.

Meanwhile I was sitting at a table by the door, heard nothing, and there was no door tag.

So I had it re-routed to the local FedEx office and picked it up today instead...

yeah.  that was one of the reason for me requesting to hold at Fedex office.  

Other reasons are if i want to get my package earlier when I have a incoming Fedex express saver or those later commitment time packages.   If you request to hold at a fedex office before it leaves the stations, they will put a hold a Fedex sticker on it and it will then have a 10:30-12pm comment time. :lol:.  

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, Sanity is Optional said:

According to tracking they attempted delivery at 1:55, got no answer, and left a door tag.

Meanwhile I was sitting at a table by the door, heard nothing, and there was no door tag.

So I had it re-routed to the local FedEx office and picked it up today instead...

that happened to me twice waiting for a UPS delievry. I literally was by the front window and guy came and just quickly posted a note in the mailbox didn't even have the package in his hand.

The  2nd time i caught him and he went to back to the truck to unload the box. lol

Edited by davidwhangchoi
Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 hours ago, F360 said:

yeah.  that was one of the reason for me requesting to hold at Fedex office.  

Other reasons are if i want to get my package earlier when I have a incoming Fedex express saver or those later commitment time packages.   If you request to hold at a fedex office before it leaves the stations, they will put a hold a Fedex sticker on it and it will then have a 10:30-12pm comment time. :lol:.  

Normally I have everything routed to the local office. However since I'm mostly working from home currently I've been letting them deliver direct and skipping the drive.

Didn't work this time.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/21/2020 at 5:28 PM, crackpot said:

 

Probably! Lol! It's a pain in the ass placing those wings back in the box. 

 

 

Kuramatoys. The rep said the paperwork seems fine as there wasn't any request for information. I'm just hoping it starts moving soon. :unknw:

I pre-ordered my Robot Spirit (Ka signature) SIDE MS FAZZ Action Figure from them back in 6/2017, when i finally got the item the knee joint was stuck(still stuck to this day) and foot joint missing... I reached out to them a number of occasions but was completely ingnored. I never used them again.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/22/2020 at 3:55 PM, Sanity is Optional said:

Meanwhile I was sitting at a table by the door, heard nothing, and there was no door tag.

This has happened to me multiple times with USPS. My only guess is they are too lazy to walk the package to your door. When the carrier on my route changed this behavior stopped.

 

 

My Dom Tropen and Shin's Hi-Mo came. I like the addition of the number on the shield and the detail on the shoulder pauldron of Shin's Zaku II that weren't on the MSiA 2.0 

 

260302914_DomTropenresize.jpg.d652fec3aaa02fb4451dc9c343cc6c80.jpg987233297_ShinMatsunagaresize.jpg.c529b0c4fa72ad64b34af2630291e8f6.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

Anyone here have orders from NY (Eco - SAL)? I have a pre-order package released FEB this yr and a metal robot barbatos on hold due covid... I've opened three tickets up to now to see if I could possibly change shipping method but they don't respond at all and their live chat is utterly useless...

Edited by chingu77
typo
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, chingu77 said:

Anyone here have orders from NY (Eco - SAL)? I have a pre-order package released FEB this yr and a metal robot barbatos on hold due covid... I've opened three tickets up to now to see if I could possibly change shipping method but they don't respond at all and their live chat is utterly useless...

NY - A no go on the eco-sal ship.

I had to contact them regarding my rg phenexes which were supposed to be shipped back in april, but they never did. They shipped out after i contacted them in early july via live chat. After looking at my previous 3 ticket submissions their live chat stated to submit another ticket request but this time for "shipping change" request (its in the drop down). In short their shipping options weren't great. Only UPS which they wanted an extra 9k (ontop of my 7.5k sal) or ferry with a store credit of 3k.

Edited by PsYcHoDyNaMiX
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, PsYcHoDyNaMiX said:

NY - A no go on the eco-sal ship.

I had to contact them regarding my rg phenexes which were supposed to be shipped back in april, but they never did. They shipped out after i contacted them in early july via live chat. After looking at my previous 3 ticket submissions their live chat stated to submit another ticket request but this time for "shipping change" request (its in the drop down). In short their shipping options weren't great. Only UPS which they wanted an extra 9k (ontop of my 7.5k sal) or ferry with a store credit of 3k.

I spoke earlier with live chat again this time raising hell and frustration.. towards the end of my rant and complaining he just said he will have NY contact me right away, exactly what the 3 previous live chatters told me.  I then concluded indicating I had been a loyal customer since 2016 with a crap load of purchases but never again would I deal with them again..  NY just now responded to my 7/7 (3rd ticket) escalation about an hour ago.  They indicated I need to resubmit another ticket, subject lined "Change shipping method" 

 

"VERY IMPORTANT : If you wish to change the shipping method, send us a ticket with the subject: Change shipping method."

Best regards, Nippon-yasan.Com

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Here's their reply... you think they'd at least bundle the price given the situation.  Anyway opted for the ferry, another 3mos wait, yay....................

"Thank you for coming back to us
Here the shipping method we can use for your country
We already took in account what you already paid"

order# 741732
Ferry 760 yen to pay
UPS saver 4895 yen to pay

order# 770977
Ferry 50 yen to pay
UPS saver 5306 yen to pay

Update...:5:

We sent you an invoice inside your account for the new shipping method
It's appear like an order to pay
After the payment, the order will be update to the new shipping method

770977 < we won't ask you 50 yen

Kind Regards

Nippon-yasan.com
Customer Service

Edited by chingu77
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

chingu77Nippon-Yasan has contacted me each time to upgrade my shipment by submitting a ticket with the subject  "change shipping method". You may want to check your email spam filter.

It sucks having to pay more but with EMS suspended there's not much of a choice. They actually sent me my Heavy Gundam and GM type C (ground) recently. I'm actually a little disappointed the Heavy Gundam armor isn't interchangeable with that of the F.A.G. Not that it was advertised that it would be :)

Edited by bluemax151
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...