Strike a Pose! Ver. 3.0

3648616977_33d43339f1_d.jpg

My VF-1S stuck in battroid mode. For the first time I've been struggling for hours to get my VF-1S to transform back. Goddamn swing bar won't come out even I popped the backplate and propped the legs at 90 degrees... I've done it before how come I can't do it now? :cry:

3648640957_c2d76c9099_d.jpg

My newly bought Revoltech VF-1J, kinda underwhelmed. I thought it be... tighter.. and sharper. Poseablility's great though.

3648639377_f46aa66691_d.jpg

Seems like Haruhi is now resorting to force to convert people to Haruhism.

Hi All,

I have kept this VF-1S in mint condition for over 4 years and have decided to 'CUSTOMISE' it.

It's my 1st try on weathering so any comments are most welcomed.

Welcome to Mars...

You need to get underneath the wing mount. It's garish white.

3648616977_33d43339f1_d.jpg

My VF-1S stuck in battroid mode. For the first time I've been struggling for hours to get my VF-1S to transform back. Goddamn swing bar won't come out even I popped the backplate and propped the legs at 90 degrees... I've done it before how come I can't do it now? :cry:

3648640957_c2d76c9099_d.jpg

My newly bought Revoltech VF-1J, kinda underwhelmed. I thought it be... tighter.. and sharper. Poseablility's great though.

3648639377_f46aa66691_d.jpg

Seems like Haruhi is now resorting to force to convert people to Haruhism.

Dear God, a problem with the 1/48...

I don't much care for the Revoltech, either.

0_0 Haruhi, put down the gun.

Welcome to Mars...

You need to get underneath the wing mount. It's garish white.

Dear God, a problem with the 1/48...

I don't much care for the Revoltech, either.

That is a 1/60 v2 VF-1S I believe.

A couple thoughts on the weathering (and I've never been so brave so you can dismiss them as coming from someone with no experience):

1) The brownish color seems wrong, that makes me think it's a rusty/dirty plane rather than a worn one.

2) Should missiles be weathered? Wouldn't they be added on and removed for every mission (and probably with a fairly short lifespan).

Yes' that is a 1/60 v.2, which sort of explains the swing bar being difficult (would be shocked to hear of someone with a 1/48 problem)...

You must have gotten the sequence wrong - forgotten it even... it was always a bit of a trick to do :)

The thing I hate about the DX is the crappy landing gear.

Truth me told - it's not all that bad. Look at the picture I posted above- granted those are not close ups - but is there really that much of a difference between the landing gears? The VF-25S just has a more all-terrain rugged landing gear....

Pete

Edited by VFTF1

A couple thoughts on the weathering (and I've never been so brave so you can dismiss them as coming from someone with no experience):

1) The brownish color seems wrong, that makes me think it's a rusty/dirty plane rather than a worn one.

2) Should missiles be weathered? Wouldn't they be added on and removed for every mission (and probably with a fairly short lifespan).

Hi,

let me try to give a little thoughts of my weathered 'scheme'

The brown was chosen because I wanted to give the VF-1S a out of the sand storm look, i was wondering should i weather the missiles however if the Valk came out from a sand storm with them.....then they should carry the same sand blast effect.

SchizophrenicMC thanks for point out the wing mount.....I just checked my valk i remembered i gave the wing mount some sand however i did not show up on the photos!

After all its my PnS camera maybe it did not capture the tones because of the low light.

Thanks for the comments both, keep them coming.

Edited by biglizard76

Hi,

let me try to give a little thoughts of my weathered 'scheme'

The brown was chosen because I wanted to give the VF-1S a out of the sand storm look, i was wondering should i weather the missiles however if the Valk came out from a sand storm with them.....then they should carry the same sand blast effect.

SchizophrenicMC thanks for point out the wing mount.....I just checked my valk i remembered i gave the wing mount some sand however i did not show up on the photos!

After all its my PnS camera maybe it did not capture the tones because of the low light.

Thanks for the comments both, keep them coming.

I think you did a fairly great job, but as most of us would think the valks normally operates in space, thus it's kinda difficult for us to accept the sandly look .. but i like ur weathering.. good job man!

what is tamiya pack? any pics?

I think it's one of these sets: http://www.ehobbies.com/tam87085.html

yada.

3651957710_706d6eaed0_d.jpg

You must have gotten the sequence wrong - forgotten it even... it was always a bit of a trick to do :)

The first thing I did before transforming to and fro was to look up CollectionDX's transformation video.

General steps were:

1) Unclip backpack

2) Pull backplate

3) Straighten legs and hold both in one hand while holding nosecone in other hand (thumb + index/middle).

4) Gently apply forward and upward pressure on legs toward VF's head while rotating 90 degrees forward.

Am I really missing anything? :(

Edited by shiroikaze

Yes' that is a 1/60 v.2, which sort of explains the swing bar being difficult (would be shocked to hear of someone with a 1/48 problem)...

Shyte, you're right. I didn't notice the arm. Just the notch that holds the backpack on. Forgot the v.2 had them.

Thanks, and you are correct I used the Tamiya pack as it looks like the easiest way to go.

Do you have to seal it with clear? If you don't, will it stick all over your hand when you handle the toy?

1) Unclip backpack

2) Pull backplate

3) Straighten legs and hold both in one hand while holding nosecone in other hand (thumb + index/middle).

4) Gently apply forward and upward pressure toward VF's head while rotating 90 degrees forward.

I don't quite understand what steps 1 and 2 are doing there... maybe I'm misunderstanding (often the case with me...) ...

You're trying to get the swing bar out from the nosecone - that is from battroid back to either gerwalk/fighter - yes?

If so - what are you rotating 90 degrees?

I don't really hold the nosecone as much as I hold the entire main body. You want to make sure to "catch" the force/pressure that you are applying because otherwise the friction will just be pushing against the entire main body instead of pushing out the T-bar...

I don't know if that made sense :(...

Pictures?

Pete

I do agree that the color is a bit over done on yellow, desert dust won't stick on a fighter and it does look like it's been abondoned for quite a while. In real life, the fighter jet will have patchy color difference and typical brushed weathered on wing.

F14%20Tomcat%20Fighter_%20United%20States%20Navy_%20Operation%20Desert%20Storm.jpg

f14tom1.jpg

F-14%20Tomcat.jpg

and heavily weathered fighter:

F-14D%20VF-101%20040924%200930.jpg

Edited by Vi-RS

I don't quite understand what steps 1 and 2 are doing there... maybe I'm misunderstanding (often the case with me...) ...

You're trying to get the swing bar out from the nosecone - that is from battroid back to either gerwalk/fighter - yes?

If so - what are you rotating 90 degrees?

I don't really hold the nosecone as much as I hold the entire main body. You want to make sure to "catch" the force/pressure that you are applying because otherwise the friction will just be pushing against the entire main body instead of pushing out the T-bar...

I don't know if that made sense :(...

Pictures?

Pete

It's okay, I fail at typing when I'm in a hurry. I meant to say" rotating the legs 90 degrees forward" as shown in the CollectionDX Transformation vid and Yamato's site. The CDX vid showed Atom (I think it was him) unclipping/unhooking the backpack from the battroid, then pulling the entire backplate out to put the vertical bar at an angle. Finally, rotating the legs forward to push the hip bar out of the nosecone.

Also, I think I know what you mean by catching. Sorta :p

I do agree that the color is a bit over done on yellow, desert dust won't stick on a fighter and it does look like it's been abondoned for quite a while. In real life, the fighter jet will have patchy color difference and typical brushed weathered on wing.

Thanks for your input Vi-RS...I will take that into consideration and use it on my next 'project'

Do you have any pictures where the weathering is more clearly seen?

The F-14 here is kinda dark on the grey I cannot see it well.

One of a fellow Macross asked about getting the weathering on the hands???

No I did not seal it with any clear coat...I am sure if i handle it too much the weathering will attached to my hands.

"...thanks for that bit about the weather... now on to some lighter stuff..."

3652430806_0f9ee9f843.jpg

"Lagann is a control type. This means it can take over other Gunmen!"

-Leeron Litona

:blink: Wait. I just quoted the gay one...

Time to renew my manliness!

"Just who the hell do you think I am?! I'm Kamina, fierce leader of the Dai-Gurren Brigade!"

-Kamina

B))

YEEEEEEEEEEESSSSS! I finally got that damn swing bar out! I actually pushed the entire backside towards the nosecone while I pushed the legs towards the backpack. It took more force than it should to get that mean thing out >:(

3655352415_e65354f25f_d.jpg

3655362189_40277a0492_d.jpg

3655355735_522b55943f_d.jpg

3656152038_1d73c1137e_d.jpg

3656148400_837249d193_d.jpg

Believe it or not, the hinge connecting the two metal bars wasn't just stiff, it is actually STUCK! I can't rotate it beyond a certain point either way! I don't know how it became like this, though it could be the drastic change in temperature here but that shouldn't really affect it...

I think it's safe to say that this VF will be staying in fighter mode until I can loosen that impossible hinge. =\

Poastings kitty-kats to halps takes my mindz offa dings.

3651176803_21d15155bc_b_d.jpg

Edited by shiroikaze

Does Klan Klan really have those bows on her flight suit-boots?? :p

I never found her attractive, no matter the angle. Just not my type of girl.

And yes, Misa does need an updated figure - preferably one that moves, as in Revoltech :)

But great photography of Klan. The 1J from Toynahahahhami I never liked either :(

Is that Misa an old Robotech version?

Pee

Does Klan Klan really have those bows on her flight suit-boots?? :p

I never found her attractive, no matter the angle. Just not my type of girl.

And yes, Misa does need an updated figure - preferably one that moves, as in Revoltech :)

But great photography of Klan. The 1J from Toynahahahhami I never liked either :(

Is that Misa an old Robotech version?

Pee

It's 3AM, I'm 15, and I just HAVE to point that out.

I agree, though, about Misa. We need a new one.

And Klan, those are distraction tits. No need for those.