Strike a Pose! Ver. 3.0

thanks... oh master of lighting :p ... but seriously, i really appreciate the comments. i actually forgot to flip the blinds for the Shin only shot to get that harsh sunlight effect :huh:.

wow.. your work keeps getting better. im impressed!

wow.. your work keeps getting better. im impressed!

That's what happens obi-wan when you go wandering off in the desert, your padawan gets all strong in the force, before he was but a learner but now he's the master!

That's what happens obi-wan when you go wandering off in the desert, your padawan gets all strong in the force, before he was but a learner but now he's the master!

wether me not being here, monster is a luke skywalker of photography.......force is very strong in him :lol::lol::lol:

Edited by Vegas

It'd be easier if you overlayed it using a shot of the sky minus the plane and stand. Just keep your camera in the same position.

Or just throw the VF-0 into the air.

Looks awesome. Think you can get some of those highlights to pop out?

thanks. well, it's supposed to be an artsy-fartsy silhouette shot :lol:...

or we could do Cent's suggestion and take a pic of the valk on a bed or something, magic wand it and then slap it on a background pic of the sky/space or something.

thanks. well, it's supposed to be an artsy-fartsy silhouette shot :lol:...

or we could do Cent's suggestion and take a pic of the valk on a bed or something, magic wand it and then slap it on a background pic of the sky/space or something.

you'd acutually be much better off using the pen tool rather than the magic wand or any of the lasso tools. much more acurate and you don't have to worry too much about what background it's on

Harder you say Mike? Poor guy. :p I on the other hand have fallen in LOVE, Sheryl is fantastic in this form, can't wait for Megahouse version, damn!

anyways sorry for the wait.

THE END. :lol:

sighhhhhhh

Sheryl is the hottest Macross babe eva. I will collect EVERY sculpt of her.

The PVC figs like Sheryl are definitely the items I would be to embarrassed to add to my work collection. It is nicely "detailed" though.

Edited by logos

Nice! Kinda puts everything in perspective scale-wise. I hope the construction of the 1:1 scale Gundam promotes a boom in the giant robot industry. Here's to hauling the world-wide economic situation out of the gutter one city-sized mech at a time!

i saw this pic posted on toysdaily and put a smile on my face. :)

PL8xUi8OEouu71nvrJjKveaeo1_500.jpg

It's outrageously out-of-scale, though... It needs to be more like this:

post-9357-1245462166_thumb.png

Edit: I'd like to point out that the SDF-1 in my horrible shop is at least a few kilometers out.

Nice! Kinda puts everything in perspective scale-wise. I hope the construction of the 1:1 scale Gundam promotes a boom in the giant robot industry. Here's to hauling the world-wide economic situation out of the gutter one city-sized mech at a time!

I agree. We need to start building a Macross, same as in the last depression when they built a Dam.

Better yet, let's build a Gundam!

Edited by SchizophrenicMC

Yea, except that a dam actually helped generate revenue and resources for the country after its construction; it wasn't a huge waste. =P

Although if you were thinking in terms of constructing a WMD, then I guess its reasonable.

Edit: I'd like to point out that the SDF-1 in my horrible shop is at least a few kilometers out.

that's the crotch part of the SDF-1 you put there right? if so, it would have to be more than just "a few km" away for the horizon to cut it there from that view...

anyways, no biggie, i'm sure that that pic was just meant to poke some fun on the legions of gundam fans out there. B))

Edited by m0n5t3r

The PVC figs like Sheryl are definitely the items I would be to embarrassed to add to my work collection. It is nicely "detailed" though.

Well you could always keep her skirt on.. lol wouldn't suit my other gals, most are cast off and wear as little as possible. :p

That's the whole reason for cast offs! Decisions decisions!

But yeah, soon the whole display will have lots of Sheryl figs (and hakufu <3) posed next to Valks/Mecha, Chicks and Valks can't go wrong! :)

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

Yea, except that a dam actually helped generate revenue and resources for the country after its construction; it wasn't a huge waste. =P

What are you talking about? The dam was built to hide the frozen Megatron so that current technology could be reverse engineered from him.

Duh.

As for the SDF-1 - I say build it. Time to get off this stinkin' planet and take to space!

Pete

So...getting back to pictures. I'm still all smitten with love over Alto's VF-25F DX...

2lwpu6c.jpg

I love how the knife actually does have a greenish hue which is visible at certain angles. I like the leg poseability. You do indeed have to kind of push him to his limits to get him into certain dynamic poses - but the key here is that you CAN do it. I'm really really surprised at how cool the DX is.

Pete

Sure, let's build a SDF and get into space. I hope you remembered that Earth was obliterated and humanity was reduced to a population of a few million shortly afterward though. I guess that's something you want to leave out of your construction proposal =P

By the way, why don't you try to pose those head antennae by pushing them to their limits? Good luck. -_- *snap*

Edited by Cent

Sure, let's build a SDF and get into space. I hope you remembered that Earth was obliterated and humanity was reduced to a population of a few million shortly afterward though. I guess that's something you want to leave out of your construction proposal =P

Then, we'll build the SDF-3, Lisa.

Well, the reasoning behind the crotch view, Monster, is because it's half in the water. Think Macross Lake.

Cent, this is what I meant when I said Gundam:

IMG_004235.jpg

Not exactly a "pose" - but a nice comparisson shot. I like how the VF-25F looks inconspicuous with the other Valkyrie from Yamato. This is important- it shouldn't stick out like a sore thumb because the design aesthetic is within the realm of the same thing... anyways - me likey:

somg0h.jpg

Me also likey how easy it is to transform, and how sturdy all the parts are; the die-cast metal is really really well used. There are some annoying things, of course - I don't like opening the cockpit, and not even because of glued-to-his-chair Alto, but because of those two stubs on the sids of the cockpit which just scream "toy!" I also am mildly annoyed by the gazilion hands needing to be swapped... The legs "not" being flush...well - actually it's not that bad. You have to massage him a little - besides, look at the legs on the VF-1 or even the YF-19 - are they as flush as...say...a Hasegawa model? No. It's not a big deal. In any event - all my Yammies have their minor pet peeves - so demanding that the DX be perfect is kind of pointless too.

And dag - I love those die cast metal shoulders :)

Pete

Hi All,

I have kept this VF-1S in mint condition for over 4 years and have decided to 'CUSTOMISE' it.

It's my 1st try on weathering so any comments are most welcomed.

3648191365_3570a49572.jpg

3648191131_cf0c2f2810.jpg

3648190837_00f767c6f5.jpg

With Fast Pack:

The Fast Pack was weathered too however due to the poor lights and dark tone of the FP the 'dusting' cannot be seen very clearly.

3648995746_666866c80c.jpg

3648190405_cb71c52019.jpg

3648995392_eeb2ea5617.jpg

3648190003_53c3c47945.jpg

Edited by biglizard76