Bandai VF100's Official Thread Ver.2

Graham

but still what? It doesn't have landing gear so it doesn't have a gullet. It was the same decision that yamato had to make, make a partsformer that looks good or perfect transformation with compromises?

Oh, I just meant I still wished Yamato had figured out another way to do it. For a compromise that big, I would've taken detachable gear in a heartbeat.

Besides that though, even not counting the gullet... I dunno. The 1/60th YF-19 fighter mode has never really appealed to me for some reason. It just looks fat and bulky to me. The battroid looks fine, but I prefer fighter mode most of the time.

For some reason though, I really like the overall shape of this VF-19 so far. Can't put my finger on what's different really, and won't know for sure until closeups are available. Could be the bigger wings (the 1/60's have always looked really stubby to me), or maybe it's because the VF-19 was always more bulky in the anime to begin with. I really can't say. The feeling might go away when more shots of the fighter come out though.

For some reason though, I really like the overall shape of this VF-19 so far. Can't put my finger on what's different really, and won't know for sure until closeups are available. Could be the bigger wings (the 1/60's have always looked really stubby to me), or maybe it's because the VF-19 was always more bulky in the anime to begin with. I really can't say. The feeling might go away when more shots of the fighter come out though.
It's the battroid mode for me, of all the VF/YF-19 toys I've seen, this is the closest to the anime that I've seen, arguably closer to matching the anime version than the Revoltech YF-19. The fighter is sleek while the battroid is thick and chunky like the anime.

It's the battroid mode for me, of all the VF/YF-19 toys I've seen, this is the closest to the anime that I've seen, arguably closer to matching the anime version than the Revoltech YF-19. The fighter is sleek while the battroid is thick and chunky like the anime.

I agree that this battroid captures the chunkiness of the anime vf-19... but it's a little early to be able to say the fighter mode is sleek. That angle hides flaws really well. From the looks of it I think the legs are slung too low in fighter mode.

The Bandai -19 has a notable gullet---look at the GERWALK pic. The fighter mode pic is taken at the PERFECT angle to hide it--the gullet angle exactly meshes with the intake/LERX in that shot, but it's still there if you look.

Now where's my Mylene valk?

Wow the VF-19 looks fantastic.

Finally a Bandai Macross toy that actually looks good for a change.

And with minimal parts swapping too.

Still the angle we see the fightermode in may hide a lot of uglyness so i need more side views before i make up my mind completely.

Being a partsformer i judge this much harder then a PT toy in terms of accuracy.

I got to see a better photo of the article and read the text better. The text says they are aiming for perfect transformation using diecast in a certain area. The parts you see in the bottom left picture are supposedly option parts which is used to make the proportions better.

I got to see a better photo of the article and read the text better. The text says they are aiming for perfect transformation using diecast in a certain area. The parts you see in the bottom left picture are supposedly option parts which is used to make the proportions better.
I think the diecast is used within the torso, you can see a bar that looks like it slides out near the "spine" of the battroid in the mid transformation pic.

Hmm, I thought the option parts were to enable double jointed knee movement, but better proportions work for me too!

So they can make the VF-19 perfect transformation in 1/100 but not the VF-25 ?

The VF-25 doesn't have any more complex transformation then the 19 infact the transformation of the two are pretty similar.

I honestly wouldn't be surprised to see a completely redesigned, perfect transformation VF-25 series next spring/summer. Bandai seems to be taking constructive criticism into account, and while we have seen some improvements in the DX line, we have seen quicker advancements in the VF100's, comparatively speaking. For example, complaints were made about the short 25S neck in the DX line and it's rectified(albeit not with the preferred option) with the neck extension joint. With the VF100's, the amount of high parts swapping was the primary complaint, and the Fire Valkyrie is certainly a far more significant improvement with regards to transformation.

If say Yamato released a no-gullet YF-19, but it used landing gear detachable plugs... That would still be PT, wouldn't it? It would probably also be the preferable option in the future too. If that was the case, then a 1/60 Bandai VF-19 would probably do better taking that route, and still claim a PT title.

Edited by Cent

I don't think you can release a toy as large as a 1/60 YF-19 and have swappable landing gears and call it PT and not tick off a lot of collectors. A much smaller toy can probably get away with it but at some point expectations grow with the size.

If say Yamato released a no-gullet YF-19, but it used landing gear detachable plugs... That would still be PT, wouldn't it? It would probably also be the preferable option in the future too. If that was the case, then a 1/60 Bandai VF-19 would probably do better taking that route, and still claim a PT title.

Well, Bandai seems perfectly willing to go for a wheel on a stick without a landing gear bay when it comes to their landing gears so it's doubtful Bandai would have to dedicate as much real estate as yamato does.

I'll definitely be picking up the Fire Valkyrie! Here's hoping they do the the Blazer and VF-19P as well.

This series is starting to catch my attention, partsformer or not, it looks like it might be our only real shot at getting a transformable VF-17 toy.

VF-19kai looks awesome! Will definately be getting one.

Abit disappointed by the 1st looks of the YF-24....was expecting something slightly different from the VF-25 but its 99% the same just with a "Ghost-like" camera head.

Abit disappointed by the 1st looks of the YF-24....was expecting something slightly different from the VF-25 but its 99% the same just with a "Ghost-like" camera head.

And a two-seater cockpit with slightly reshaped canopy. :D

Graham

Ahh, so that's it.. I just realized what those parts are in the previous picture. They plug up the big gap behind the thighs that the Yamato YF-19 has. You can see the outline of the piece on that battroid pic.

And I'm not so sure the legs are drooping.. could be the angle, but it looks like the shield is just mounted really high above the rest of the body. If you look at the location of the wings on the side of the leg, they look like they attach just above the yellow spikey bit on the leg ring, which is about the midpoint on the leg.

In fact, that's what makes me think the gullet is better... the gullet on this one looks about the same level relative to the bottom of the intakes as on the Yamato... but the legs on this one, especially in the intake area, look much more streamlined than the Yamato. The 1/60's legs always looked really bulky to me (probably due to landing gear, and also the tail mechanism, a problem the VF-19 gets to avoid due to the different tail design). I'll probably wind up being completely wrong about all this when we see some side views, but even with the gullet, I like the overall proportions of this one more than the 1/60.

There does appear to be some real funkyness going on with the shield/head area though, between those ginormous shoulders... I don't see the head, and it almost looks like they either hid it under the shield, or left it off for fighter, and had some trouble with the shoulder mechanism.

Oh, and one other difference from the 1/60.. I dunno which is accurate to the anime, but this one's canards don't fold.

Edited by Chronocidal

I'm in for a Kai too. Prefer the Blazer a lot better, but I'm not missing this in case they decide not to produce it. Battroid mode looks good even without the legs filling parts. I'm also psyched about this line: Nearly PT, obscure Valks on the cheap and a new Köenig Monster and enemy mecha to along with them. Way to go Bandai.

it's not the YF-24, it's the YF-25. the YF-24 continues to be unseen besides some line drawings of the fighter mode. the new model is some sort of Spacy Test version of the VF-25 that's going to show up in the movie supposedly.

Who wants to take bets on what's going to be the next new VF in the VF100s line after the VF-19.

My bet is on the VF-4.

Although I'd be over the moon if it's a VF-17D/S.

Graham

Either one would be fine with me, neither of these fighters has gotten a lot of love in the form of models or toys; but I'm chomping at the bit for a VF-17.

Who wants to take bets on what's going to be the next new VF in the VF100s line after the VF-19.

My bet is on the VF-4.

Graham

If the VF-4 do come out, I will get one for sure!!! :rolleyes: (unless Yamato doing a 1/60 ver)

Wow that VF-19 already looks a million times better than Yamato's, can't wait for the -F and -S to come out.

Also crossing my fingers that everything locks tight and firmly, especially in Battroid mode.

If I had one nitpick then it would be the position of the hip attachment, ironically it's the opposite problem of the VF-25.

It should be the intakes that connect to the main body and not that triangular thing behind it.

But whole thing still looks cool as hell, so I can live with it.

Oh, and one other difference from the 1/60.. I dunno which is accurate to the anime, but this one's canards don't fold.

What Yamato did with the canards is not anime or line art accurate.

Funny how no one complained about this, but if Bandai changes something... OMG the world is coming to an end.

My bet is on the VF-4.

Graham

They will continue with the M7 line.

My guess, about midway into VF-19 releases we will get VF-22 then VF-17 and after that VF-11.

From M7 the next logical step is M+, bringing us the usual trio.

LOL Vifam7 was right about the family mart colors since the latest photo clearly shows Family Mart along the cockpit.

I'm really liking the look of the YF-19. i don't have any 1/100 valks so I don't think i'll pick one up. Hope it's successful enough they make a 1/60 version.

LOL Vifam7 was right about the family mart colors since the latest photo clearly shows Family Mart along the cockpit.

I'm really liking the look of the YF-19. i don't have any 1/100 valks so I don't think i'll pick one up. Hope it's successful enough they make a 1/60 version.

Oh wow. You're right. I thought he was just kidding too.