Bandai VF100's Official Thread Ver.2

Graham

My opinion so far, is that it is a nice looking display piece in fighter mode. Battroid mode is a bit too floppy although I do need to spend more time experimenting in that mode. Overall a bit too fiddly and not really a 'play' toy.

Graham

Don't scare me my VF-100 VF-25G its on the way.

Hm. Kinda sucks that the battroid (and I'm guessing gerwalk too) legs dont hold their positions with or without stand. :( that puts a huge dent in playability and posability.

So how many parts do you have to partsform now? 100?

Acually most of the extra parts are just the optional 'open' missile hatches. Because the Armor parts are mostly non-removable, there's not really too many other extra parts.

Acually most of the extra parts are just the optional 'open' missile hatches. Because the Armor parts are mostly non-removable, there's not really too many other extra parts.

Looking forward to see some members posting some pic/ review of the vf25 Armor. Then I will decide if I want to get one... :unsure:

non-removable?! first time i've heard this since i haven't really been following this thread... i'm a little bit surprised though.

... so this can't be displayed as a bare VF-25F... hmmm... but for the non-transformable Robot Damashii 25F, i heard that the SPs can be removed (not sure though)... guess it's the price to pay for it to be transformable.

Edited by m0n5t3r

non-removable?! first time i've heard this since i haven't really been following this thread... i'm a little bit surprised though.

... so this can't be displayed as a bare VF-25F... hmmm... but for the non-transformable Robot Damashii 25F, i heard that the SPs can be removed (not sure though)... guess it's the price to pay for it to be transformable.

I guess in reality it makes the design a lot easier, but the end result drive collectors to by the armored AND non-armored versions if they want to be a completionist.

The real question is..will they do that with the Super-packs as well?

Trust me, you wouldn't want the nightmare that would be removeable Armor packs at this scale. These things are already fiddly and annoying enough already as it is.

I got my first 100, I don't got any complaints really, i was expecting it to be this way but for a 25 dollar price tag that was worth the buy. Now 50 bucks is pretty steep lol.

But I like it, this thing is cute.

Picked up a second Armoured VF-25F yesterday, just so I can display one in fighter mode and one in battroid mode.

The biggest problem IMO wit the battroid mode stability, is the extremely loose swivel joint that connects the two parts of the groin peice. It is really loose.

Graham

I guess in reality it makes the design a lot easier, but the end result drive collectors to by the armored AND non-armored versions if they want to be a completionist.

The real question is..will they do that with the Super-packs as well?

That's probably the case, since they did a re-design of the VF-25F to accomodate the Fast Packs and the Armor Pack additions. Vers 2.0. B))

If you want the bare bones VF-25F, Hobby Link has them on sale right now 50% off....

Edited by Zinjo

Guys, please Stop discussing and posting pictures of the Robot Damashii (Tamashii) VB-6 and VF-25F/VF-25G battroid mode toys in this thread. This thread is for VF100s news/pics/discussion only.

Graham

Have you seen their Q-Rhea? Very sexay.... :p

ff95gj,

I like that 8th photo. The lights in the background look like the classic round anime space explosions. :)

That is my favorite one too. And the one that makes me need to get this. I had canceled my preorder previously because of financial problems but as soon as my ball bounces back I think I will have to get this.

So, is the VF-25F Armored worth it or should I wait for a sale?

By just looking at ff95gj's pics...I will have to go with yes it's worth it. But then again. I don't even know how much it costs. I need to look that up.

ff95g,

Great pics. Like the others, I enjoy #8. I also like #1, it was the one that sold me.

I'm taking back my previous statement. Is it really worth the $70 US? It looks really cool. How well will it hold a pose? Are there pieces that fall off or pop off constantly while transforming it?

Then there is shipping. So with the $11 or so bucks for SAL we are over $80. OUCH! It is very nice and if I could afford it I would probably get it. Hopefully things will change soon on the cashflow.

I have to say though that the detail and sculpt on these things is pretty darned nice. I am loving the Ozma I won at the MW convention transforming contest. Of course there is the sentimental value and that I did not have to pay for it but it is very very cool. The battroid holds poses pretty well but I had trouble getting gerwalk stances. There is a clear piece that clips in to hold gerwalk for you and put on a stand but it is only one pose with that.

Overall I am liking the 100 line so far with the ozma and am seriously considering the armored alto.

I'm taking back my previous statement. Is it really worth the $70 US? It looks really cool. How well will it hold a pose? Are there pieces that fall off or pop off constantly while transforming it?

MHO on my experiences with all 4 VF100s:

For the first 3, they are all plain valks; no super or armor parts. I found them fun to pose and nice looking enough. Esepcially the VF-25S; the 25F face paintwork is sometimes bad, and the 25G eye piece looks too dull. 25S is the best one to me.

For the Armored 25F; it's a different game. Because of the design, the backpack is so heavy it can't stand on itself. Similar problems exist that it's now more a display piece than a fun toy as I experienced with the plain valks. It looks nice, it can do some nice poses with a good stand (the one that comes with the set is not good enough for battroid mode at all), but it's not something you can watch tv and play with (just like the 3 plain vf100s).

P.S. It's around US$48 to buy it locally, so it's not as difficult a decision to make for me.

No one's posted the VF-1 yet? (saw it a couple hours ago, but couldn't get into MW at the time)

05.jpg

It's not really a part of the VF100's line since it's made by Wave, not by Bandai... but it actually appears to be a toy / "completed model" more than a model kit...

Then there is shipping. So with the $11 or so bucks for SAL we are over $80. OUCH! It is very nice and if I could afford it I would probably get it. Hopefully things will change soon on the cashflow.

I have to say though that the detail and sculpt on these things is pretty darned nice. I am loving the Ozma I won at the MW convention transforming contest. Of course there is the sentimental value and that I did not have to pay for it but it is very very cool. The battroid holds poses pretty well but I had trouble getting gerwalk stances. There is a clear piece that clips in to hold gerwalk for you and put on a stand but it is only one pose with that.

Overall I am liking the 100 line so far with the ozma and am seriously considering the armored alto.

Thanks for the input Miriya. I wish good fortune upon you and I both in the cash flow department.

MHO on my experiences with all 4 VF100s:

For the first 3, they are all plain valks; no super or armor parts. I found them fun to pose and nice looking enough. Esepcially the VF-25S; the 25F face paintwork is sometimes bad, and the 25G eye piece looks too dull. 25S is the best one to me.

For the Armored 25F; it's a different game. Because of the design, the backpack is so heavy it can't stand on itself. Similar problems exist that it's now more a display piece than a fun toy as I experienced with the plain valks. It looks nice, it can do some nice poses with a good stand (the one that comes with the set is not good enough for battroid mode at all), but it's not something you can watch tv and play with (just like the 3 plain vf100s).

P.S. It's around US$48 to buy it locally, so it's not as difficult a decision to make for me.

Excellent. Those are mostly the answers I wanted to hear. It's too bad that the Armored Version cannot stand on it's own. But, not surprising. I wish I were a local as well. I would drop $48 in a hot second to own one of these guys. My guess is that they are A LOT better than that of the Toynami 1/100 VF-1's? Do you have trouble with any of the joints/arms/legs popping off or loosing to severely?

It's not really a part of the VF100's line since it's made by Wave, not by Bandai... but it actually appears to be a toy / "completed model" more than a model kit...

Even though you have a point. You must admit. That valk looks mighty fine. I like how blocky the Battroid is.

No, my only Frontier valk so far is a half-built 1/72 kit. I may get an armored 1/60 some day, depends on how the final tweaked Ozma looks. I mainly hope the 1/100 line does some of the less-famous stuff we've wanted for a while--VF-4, VF-5000, VF-11MAXL...

*Another* VF-1 is really pointless IMHO.

Give us new valks, not new scales of the same valks we already have!

Excellent. Those are mostly the answers I wanted to hear. It's too bad that the Armored Version cannot stand on it's own. But, not surprising. I wish I were a local as well. I would drop $48 in a hot second to own one of these guys. My guess is that they are A LOT better than that of the Toynami 1/100 VF-1's? Do you have trouble with any of the joints/arms/legs popping off or loosing to severely?

The joints are loose, that's a fact.

Popping off... There's one part keep popping off from the Armored 25F; that's the shoulder missile box thing. Maybe I didn't attach it right, it fell off a couple of times last night.

Edited by ff95gj