Bandai VF100's Official Thread Ver.2

Graham

Guys, please Stop discussing and posting pictures of the Robot Damashii (Tamashii) VB-6 and VF-25F/VF-25G battroid mode toys in this thread. This thread is for VF100s news/pics/discussion only.

Graham

It could have no parts swapping at all (except for the landing gear, of course). I'm also glad they fixed the carve on the upper leg, but that raises a question: that's where the elbow goes in F mode, how they solved that? Anyway, I hope they announce the Blazer soon, or I'll be forced to get the Kai just in case.

Edited by Lonely Soldier Boy

It looks like the legs must be parts swapping as the carved area is missing and there is no spot to put the landing gear in battroid.

I was actually thinking that. It looks as if the leg from the knee down is made of a multi-piece shell that goes around some inner structure.

So you have to replace the entire outside of the leg just to have landing gear <_<

It could have no parts swapping at all (except for the landing gear, of course). I'm also glad they fixed the carve on the upper leg, but that raises a question: that's where the elbow goes in F mode, how they solved that? Anyway, I hope they announce the Blazer soon, or I'll be forced to get the Kai just in case.

Nah, I'm pretty sure it's still carved out

100ltd1_final1.jpg

The new battroid shots look like they have inserts for the backs of the thighs.

What's disappointing to me is that even though it's a partsformer it still does the hips/intakes wrong in battroid.

Given that Max and Milia's names are already on the sticker sheet for the VF-22S, I firmly believe that Yamato has the M7 license. Therefore, I would skip the VF100 VF-19 Kai... I never like it enough. And definitely not enough to get 2 versions of it.

Hm. Max and Milia's names are on the sticker sheet for the VF-22S.

Well - ok. I'll bite.

Not getting the VF100 Kai then.

Holding out for Yamato to rework their 19 as a Kai :)

That'll be one Yammie that will definitely go down in history... hopefully...

On the other hand - the VF100 does look nice....

oh - the agony!

Pete

never going to happen.

Seeing how Yamato has the Mac7 license (VF-22), here's hoping they release a VF-19, and eventually a Kai.

Wow! The 1/100 Kai looks really good!! MUCH better than the prototype - like a complete new mold. :] The proprtions are no longer out of whack.

Here's hoping they release the VF-2, VF-4, 27 and 171. Once these are made, I'll get the rest of the 1/100's, for a complete collection of one of each valk ever made.

Edited by OmegaD3k

What's disappointing to me is that even though it's a partsformer it still does the hips/intakes wrong in battroid.

Yeah, I was going over the new pic again and the intake/hip area doesn't quite look that accurate, but despite this the valk still has good proprtions.

Problematic is that triangular area behind the intake, it is so big that it looks like it's going to hit the canard wings, thus hindering proper range of motion.

This is something similar that annoys me with Yamatos YF-19, the slit intakes always get in the way of those downward folded canards.

Basically the triangular thing (both sides) is supposed to be one static peace and form a part of the "spine" of the VF-19 and we should only have the main intakes on a hip-joint!!!

never going to happen. :mellow:

Good riddance I say. Nothing spells more doom than Yamato using their sub-par YF-19 as the basis for any VF-19 toy.

The VF-19 looks good, but being a partsformer i expect it to look perfect in all modes and i'll reserve judgement until i have seen the fightermode and gerwalk too.

Partsformer toys have zero excuse for not making it look as accurate and good as possible.

And Bandai tend to overlook Gerwalk mode which mostly ends up being a halfassed creation.

But the VF-19 looks like it got stuck between transformations in Gerwalk mode... it has never looked like an intended mode in anything I've ever seen. So, if the toy looks like a halfassed creation I think that'd be pretty fitting.

Guys, please Stop discussing and posting pictures of the Robot Damashii (Tamashii) VB-6 and VF-25F/VF-25G battroid mode toys in this thread. This thread is for VF100s news/pics/discussion only.

Graham

Sorry Graham, I thought that was a Bandai 1/100 series item, didn't read the listing right. B))

But the VF-19 looks like it got stuck between transformations in Gerwalk mode... it has never looked like an intended mode in anything I've ever seen. So, if the toy looks like a halfassed creation I think that'd be pretty fitting.

All VFs gerwalk modes are half transformation IMO.

If some of you guys haven't known yet, HLJ is having a "Bandai Valkyrie Values" sale right now.

The VF100s are 50% off, and the 1/72 Michel model kit and Super parts are 40% and 30% off respectively.

Edited by shiroikaze

Very nice!

I am definitely getting this!

Being waiting for a long time for an updated version of the VF-19 Kai and I am sure the Blazer is not too far behind.

Now hope and pray, Yamato takes a stab at it. :lol:

A VF-19F/S/Kai with the intake/hip area done wrong, almost *has* to look wrong in fighter mode. Only a YF-19/19A can be done "incorrectly" and still look decent in fighter mode. The extended LERX on the F/S/Kai pretty much demands the hips/intakes be done as a separate piece from the LERX/aux intake.

Thought I'd bring the C3 2009 VF100's Exclusives to this thread.

Also found another pic with the exclusive Ranka and Sheryl stands.

The ones shown vary from the poster, so I guess we'll have to wait and see what they will actually look like next month at the show.

34zadxh.jpg

ap_20090718062648559.jpg

How much is it selliing for? And are the missile hatches on hinges or separate swappable parts for open & closed?

Not sure about the missile hatches... Haven't got one myself, but seen it on Yahoo HK Auction. A long box this time!

I see it at HK$368 (around US$47 for others' reference) the cheapest as of yet...

Picked up the VF-25F Armored last night for HK$388 and transformed it once from battroid mode to fighter mode. Here's some initial comments: -

1. As suspected the open & closed missile hatches are separate swappable parts.
  2. The toy comes with a small display stand with adaptors for all three modes.
  3. Finish is nice.
  4. The toy, being very back-heavy and having very loose hip and waist joints has trouble standing by itself in battroid mode.
  5. The stand in battroid mode can have the toys displayed with the feet not touching the ground, however, even then it cannot hold a spread leg 'A' stance, due to the looseness of the hip joints and the weight of the lower legs, which cause the legs to swing back to center position.
  6. The little flaps on the shoulder missile pods, that fold upwards for fighter mode can get knocked off quite easily during transformation.
  7. The radar only turns 90 degress one way and 90 degrees back the same way, it does not rotate. It is really tight to turn. I was scared I was going to break it.
  8. There are no extra looking pegs, but despite this, the toy holds together pretty tightly in fighter mode and is not really floppy, this is probably helped by the weight of the Armoured packs.
  9. Getting the head lasers on in fighter mode was a real pain in the ass and then they partially get in the way of attaching the shoulder missile pods. The head lasers in fighter mode can also get knocked out and lost quite easily, so be careful.

My opinion so far, is that it is a nice looking display piece in fighter mode. Battroid mode is a bit too floppy although I do need to spend more time experimenting in that mode. Overall a bit too fiddly and not really a 'play' toy.

Graham

Thanks alot Graham!

Hmm... I do not like the VF100 25F head script a lot, so I planned to display it in fighter/ gerwalk mode all along.

But I usd to like to fiddle with the VF100 as toys. Now the armored 25F is not a play toy...? That's a tough decision now.

In fact, I would buy it like a zombie when it drops to HK$320, and I believe it will in due time. :ph34r:

Actually, the Armored is quite fun to zoom around in fighter mode, as it is less floppy than the standard unarmored version. Another point is that the 4 main thrusters are on ball joints, so can be individually posed. The 2 ball turret beam guns are also on ball joints, so have quite a good range of motion.