in fighter mode. it is quite noticeable,

especially if you hold it against the

light, while zooming it sideways.

but i'm not letting it bother me

too much.

anyone having the same issue?

how can I rectify it?

TIA!

Could you take a pic of the area you mean? Do you mean the gap in the LERX area? If so, I wouldn't say mine was as large as 1mm in size, but there's not much that can be done about that. At least as far as gaps go, it's still smaller than any of the gaps I have in my YF-19.

Could you take a pic of the area you mean? Do you mean the gap in the LERX area? If so, I wouldn't say mine was as large as 1mm in size, but there's not much that can be done about that. At least as far as gaps go, it's still smaller than any of the gaps I have in my YF-19.

yup. i think that's what it's called.

ahuhuhu. so it can't be fixed?

anyway, it's most noticeable

only when viewed from the top,

against a white background.

I did a crouch to mimic isamu's bayonet attack and was pleasantly surprised with the results. The only issue is the shoulders can't bend forward so the poseability of its arms is quite limited in various places than i'm used to in the VF-1. Still can't decide which mode to leave it in since it looks gorgeous and perfect in all 3 modes. It has to be the tightest gerwalk next to the YF-21. ;)

I might pull a Graham and buy multiples....or maybe i'll just wait for VF-X version or VF-11Cs. Hopefully a full armour will be made.

I did a crouch to mimic isamu's bayonet attack and was pleasantly surprised with the results. The only issue is the shoulders can't bend forward so the poseability of its arms is quite limited in various places than i'm used to in the VF-1. Still can't decide which mode to leave it in since it looks gorgeous and perfect in all 3 modes. It has to be the tightest gerwalk next to the YF-21. ;)

I might pull a Graham and buy multiples....or maybe i'll just wait for VF-X version or VF-11Cs. Hopefully a full armour will be made.

That's dangerous talk man! I haven't even gotten one and I'm already considering multiples as well-- but I'll hold out until a Protect Armour or a Booster version is available. Especially a Booster version!

Finally got mine today! Here are my impressions:

Good

- Easiest to transform yet (IMO)! I only needed the manual to figure out the gimmicks. Experience with a YF-19 will defiantly help on this one.

- Fighter Mode is solid

- Battroid Mode is solid once it is transformed (except for the back)

- All the gimmiks are awesome. The Panels that slide out for Gerwalk let it feel nice and solid (well as solid as Gerwalk can be) and the panels that come up to cover the "collar bone" in Battroid is nice. The tabs that slide up next to the shoulder pivot are nice too but I don't really see the point of them.

- I love the cockpit cover.

Something to note. If you have big hands like I do take a 1cm dia straw (typical Mcdonalds). Crush it and fold it in half length wise so it's kind of springy. Lower the cockpit and tip the toy so that the lower heat shield slides "down". Take the straw and insert it underneath the heat shield as far as it will go (don`t force it!). Use the straw to help you grip the shield while you are pulling it into the "snap" position. Works like a charm.

- Decent head articulation.

- Good leg articulation. Once you pop those hip hinges out a bit you can get some pretty decent poses with the legs. Does the 007 pretty good.

- Magnetic leg fast packs are great. Make sure to get the nub in the slot up front and it's nice and solid. Not the slipper mess the VF-0 was.

- Back fast packs clip in nice and solid and stay there. Love how they hide the attachment slots on the toy.

- Nice pilot sculpt.

- Rear tail fins hid nicely.

- Forearms have limited rotation.

- I like the springy feat. We`ll see how they hold up though.

- Small box! Yes! maybe Yamato is finally learning!

Bad

- Rear landing gear suck. Almost impossible to get out.

- Cockpit mechanism is a bit finicky to get back into `proper` fighter position but it works.

- Gearwalk is very back heavy. When leaving the arms in fighter position, it is almost impossible to keep it from falling backwards.

- The folding mechanism for the rear "backpack/wings" seems a bit light. I would have preferred these hinges to be diecast considering how floppy the plastic hinges are (I get the :ph34r: as it reminds of the arm hinges of my VF-1s). If there was some kind of lock for each of the rear sections this probably wouldn't be a problem. Only time will tell how this stands up.

- The folding mechanism for the arms. It's made of thick plastic so I think it will stand up well but its another piece I wish was maybe diecast. It's nice and thick though so I don't think it will be a problem.

- Detail on the fast packs is only OK. I think I have been spoiled by the Vf-1s. They could have at least let the nozzels on the back packs move!

- Heat shield is impossible if you have large hands.

- Nice to have the chicken hands for simplicity sakes but for this price couldn't they have at least done a couple of anime hands?

- Arm articulation is down right attroicious! I checked and the arm doesn't even bend to a 90deg (it`s close though)! Forearms pivot a bit but not much. I would have traded that pivot for better elbows. Shoulder articulation is Ok but not great. Again I think I have been spoiled by the VF-1.

- Shield dosen`t stay on to well but it might just be me. I also just can`t get it into a position that I like.

- Tampo printing is disapointing. They could have at least put the "Warning Jet Intake" on. Besides the YF-21 this is the first Valk from Yamato that I have purchased that didn't have it. Looked at the sticker and it's going to require allot of trimming to make it work. Again I think I have been spoiled by the VF-1 1/60s.

Final thoughts:

All in all I like the VF-11B. It does allot more things right than it does wrong IMO. Fighter mode is nice and solid and the Fast packs attach extremely well. The only real grips that holds this toy back for me are the stupid rear landing gear (you`ll never get it out without scratching the paint), no adjustable nozzles on the fast-packs, and the lack of articulation in the arms. I can see why the very good transformation mechanism for the arms might be the reason for this but not being able to go past 90 on the elbows is almost unforgivable at this price point. I have 3 favorite valks. My VF-1J, YF-21 and VF-0S. It`s better than my VF-0S but not as good as my VF-1J and dosen`t compare to my YF-21 except it`s almost as solid in fighter mode. It`s now in my top 4 but considering the price I can only recommend a person get one. It`s defiantly worth having one. If this comes to repaints I think I will pass unless a Ravens comes out and maybe not even then.

PS: I wish that the fighter had come with the Rocket Boosters instead of the fast packs. As it is now I don`t see anywhere you could attach them even if they did bring them out as a separate option.

Edit: Getting it from fighter to battroid mode can be tricky as you have to remember to slide some panels and stuff. Not to bad but not as easy as it was to get into battoid from fighter. Also added note about a lack of tampo printing.

Edited by logos

got mine today as well, and i have to say my cockpit is a bit loose as well. Not deal breaking, sicne i dont tend to barrel roll it around, but definitely looser than id like.

otherwise great in fighter. Havent transformed it yet, so we'll see

So, I'm thinking about getting this one assuming I can scrape together the funds. What exactly is the deal with the coclpit? I've read a few posts about it being somewhat loose...

How loose is 'loose'? Does everyone have this issue or only a few of you guys who've already gotten it?

Thanks,

Bowen :)

It's a little loose because it's removable and the mechanism it uses. It does not fall out on mine but it's a little tricky to get it in a position that I like in fighter mode.

It's a little loose because it's removable and the mechanism it uses. It does not fall out on mine but it's a little tricky to get it in a position that I like in fighter mode.

Sorry, but what exactly do you mean with that last part? A position in which it stays mostly in place?

It doesn't have a definitive position it locks to in fighter mode so you have to get it positioned right manually. Aka the cockpit not tilted to the front or back. Afterwards it usually holds its position reasonably well.

I don't know if that tiny tab that secures the front fuselage doesn't wear down though.

Yeah I'm worried about that locking tab on the fuselage wearing down as well. It's a little soft right now so I hope that doesn't turn into sloppy mess later.

Well mines pretty good over all. The loose cockpit is a pain, and it's a feature I wish they'd left out. Still, isnot a dealbreaker and the god out weighs the bad. I agree the rear wheels are a btch to get out and feel shorter than they should be. Not a dealer breaker either, but notthe best.

Overallcim happy and would happily get another one

Started decaling mine at lunch today and I have to say that the tampo printing sucks. Not that it isn't good quality but there isn't enough of it. Then to make matters worse the sticker sheet that comes with it is pretty bare bones. I really hate that the VF-1s which are half the price have much more tampo printing and a better decal sheet. They could have at least put the Jet Intake warning on as they have with ALMOST EVERY OTHER VALK THAT THEY MAKE! Right now I am raiding my decal sheets from other 1/60s to get the decals I want to put on.

Well mines pretty good over all. The loose cockpit is a pain, and it's a feature I wish they'd left out. Still, isnot a dealbreaker and the god out weighs the bad. I agree the rear wheels are a btch to get out and feel shorter than they should be. Not a dealer breaker either, but notthe best.

Overallcim happy and would happily get another one

If it helps any, I found the best way for me to get the rear wheels out unaided is for me to pull off the tires first and then pick at the wheel itself to lift it out.

Started decaling mine at lunch today and I have to say that the tampo printing sucks. Not that it isn't good quality but there isn't enough of it. Then to make matters worse the sticker sheet that comes with it is pretty bare bones. I really hate that the VF-1s which are half the price have much more tampo printing and a better decal sheet. They could have at least put the Jet Intake warning on as they have with ALMOST EVERY OTHER VALK THAT THEY MAKE! Right now I am raiding my decal sheets from other 1/60s to get the decals I want to put on.

I had the same observation about the tampo printing. At the very least, they could have put the full tampo print for the "Danger Ejection Seat" triangle below the canopy instead of just a blank orange triangle.

I used the majority of the stickers on the sheet, but left out the stuff like tampo printed items and the engine decals as it didn't seem like something like that would be on a production fighter.

What I wish they did with the heatshield was make the plastic itself molded in orange. With the difficulty of trying to get a grip on the lower half and the relative force needed to get it to lock in place, the paint on the bump at the top of it is coming off.

Try using a folded straw like I mentioned before. I don't have to use my nails that way. I only wish that I had thought of it before I had scratched the paint on the nub in my failed attempts to get it to lock.

Got mine a hour ago.

I think the prior VF-11B had more arm articulation. This one has more leaner look. Older one was more wider/boxy looking. Getting the landing out is tricky. Same goes for the heat shield. A old familar transformation made more complex with so many extra locking little pieces. Gonna to have to keep the instruction guide near by when I transform it. Very impressed. Currently have it in Battroid mode next to my YF-19. Might have to buy a stand for it.

First Broke VF-11B?

Through a combination of who ever assembled it and my own hands I broke one of the feet. The front part of the foot or toes as I will call them. Connect at two points. They didn't connect them it at one of the points. What I thought was an extra foot articulation wasn't. Broke the only point of that was connected. Toes came off spilt in two. A broken off peg stuck in a hole. A little dab of super glue fixed the problem. Now on the seem there is tiny white line of the dried super glue.

First Broke VF-11B?

Through a combination of who ever assembled it and my own hands I broke one of the feet. The front part of the foot or toes as I will call them. Connect at two points. They didn't connect them it at one of the points. What I thought was an extra foot articulation wasn't. Broke the only point of that was connected. Toes came off spilt in two. A broken off peg stuck in a hole. A little dab of super glue fixed the problem. Now on the seem there is tiny white line of the dried super glue.

That sucks!! Any way to get a replacement part for it?

foot.jpg

There it is. Easy to fix but leaves a mark. Don't know it is worth getting a replacement part for. Still works maybe I'll try to paint over the glue line.

Just be carefull with the feet