Official Yamato 1/60 Scale Destroid Thread

Graham

I guess this Defender release means we're one step closer to the Phalanx.

If the Phalanx comes with just 2 more ground crew I will be disappointed. Needs either 4, or a missile truck or something.

I will still be buying if it only comes with 2, but I think they could snag more buyers and fund the Spartan release if they put some cool 1/60 extras in that many valk owners couldn't resist.

I think the gimmick on the Phalanx should be a "missile truck or something".

Anyway no one has seen anything on the Phalanx lately eh?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

psssssst.... there's your whisper.. but seriously.. i'm not sure bud, it has been silent for a while...

btw Kicker gave in and bought a weathered tomahawk version.. my first destroid in 1/60 looks pretty large compared to my old destroid battalion.

i really didn't have any plans at all of getting even a single destroid since one of my collection criteria is it should be transformable (and i seriously think the price is just too much for a non-transformable toy).. but eventually end up being compelled to get one as my project won't be completed without it:

3639078864_30a01e3e14.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

There are actually TWO pictures Yamato has for Summer WonderFestival that are blacked out. One is clearly the GBP, the other picture is an entirely black square so you can't see the sillouette, maybe that's the phalanx? The black square is right next to a Weathering Edition Tomahawk.

There are actually TWO pictures Yamato has for Summer WonderFestival that are blacked out. One is clearly the GBP, the other picture is an entirely black square so you can't see the sillouette, maybe that's the phalanx? The black square is right next to a Weathering Edition Tomahawk.

One can only hope!!!

03_photo02.jpg

I was wondering what was that, but I thought it says something bring to life or reissue...

thanks mate.. yeah, it (destroid) actually looks better than i've expected.. :)

Definitely, the Destroids are top quality toys. I've had the Tomahawk for a while, just got the Defender. Looking forward to the Phalanx, and hoping we see a Spartan, too. (Though I know the odds are poor on that.)

Rather not get my hopes up on the mystery "rediscovery", it's probably just a VF-1 repaint. I seriously doubt they'll actually produce the 1/60 Monster. A rerelease of the Koenig Monster would be great, though. Give it a different paint scheme and I'd nab one. Thought the original release was odd because it's not even the VF-X paint scheme. It could be thge VF-0D, though. That would be fantastic. Again, doubtful. More likely a rerelease of a previous toy.

Definitely, the Destroids are top quality toys. I've had the Tomahawk for a while, just got the Defender. Looking forward to the Phalanx, and hoping we see a Spartan, too. (Though I know the odds are poor on that.)

Rather not get my hopes up on the mystery "rediscovery", it's probably just a VF-1 repaint. I seriously doubt they'll actually produce the 1/60 Monster. A rerelease of the Koenig Monster would be great, though. Give it a different paint scheme and I'd nab one. Thought the original release was odd because it's not even the VF-X paint scheme. It could be thge VF-0D, though. That would be fantastic. Again, doubtful. More likely a rerelease of a previous toy.

I guess the 'mystery rediscoery' is just 1/100 Konig Monster. (During the upcoming macross Frontier movie, that seems like the most likely choice from Yamato)

I guess the 'mystery rediscoery' is just 1/100 Konig Monster. (During the upcoming macross Frontier movie, that seems like the most likely choice from Yamato)

Considering that bandai is releasing a brand new toy in a similar scale of the same mech, it would seem to me that that reissuing an old, fairly sub-par toy wouldn't be the best move.

I could see pros and cons to it. The Yamato VB-6 isn't that bad, I'm very happy with mine, and having that mech being pretty prominent in Frontier is good free publicity to stir up interest in the toy. On the other hand, if the Bandai toy is better and cheaper, it's going to eat into any potential profits. Of course, given the quality of the DX line and what we've seen from the photos, the Bandai toy being better is not a guarantee, though we can certainly hope.

Also, I was under the impression that Yamato was working out a deal with Bandai and Big West in regards to the Macross 7 line. I doubt they'd do anything to be intentionally difficult with Bandai right now.

Yeah, something about discovery in storage, and re-birth...

1:100 König Monster reissue?

1:60 Monster?

1:60 v1 re-color? :wacko:

ok, I read it the 2nd time and I guess what it says is they found some dead stock from the warehouse. It could be anything previously released but significant, 1/48 first edition LV 1A? hahaha.......

ok, I read it the 2nd time and I guess what it says is they found some dead stock from the warehouse. It could be anything previously released but significant, 1/48 first edition LV 1A? hahaha.......

Yeah, answered a similar issue in the Decals thread, so it looks like they are just going to be selling items that are/were Yamato Online exclusives.

So maybe an idea about the mystery item is something that had previously been sold out. Was the 1/48 LV an Online item?

It could very well be that VF-0 repaint. :) I would be so happy with that. :)

I vote for the 1/60 scale MONSTER. (I can dream right? ^_^ )

Still, since Yamato's already doing a LV 1/60 VF1S roy, they might as well do a LV 1/60 VF0S roy. Saves on the cost of paint by buying in bulk. :lol:

I won't mind either. Already pre-ordered my LV VF1S roy. :)

Edited by blacklotus

oh boy, a picture of the of an incomplete resin sculpt form 4 months ago :rolleyes:

If they really plan on releasing this, you'd think they'd have shown the finished prototype by now.

Maybe that explains this... (the first image... closeted item)

03_photo02.jpg

oh boy, a picture of the of an incomplete resin sculpt form 4 months ago :rolleyes:

If they really plan on releasing this, you'd think they'd have shown the finished prototype by now.

publishing an incomplete resin sculpt for yamato is huge... usually all we get is CAD and then 6 months later some hand painted production samples.

Maybe that explains this... (the first image... closeted item)

03_photo02.jpg

I think it's already been established that this has something to do with reissuing/releasing excess stock of something old.

It says fall 2009, my guess is phalanx will come out eventually and I'm sure they will go for the purple variant of phalanx, I do doubt about Spartan.

publishing an incomplete resin sculpt for yamato is huge... usually all we get is CAD and then 6 months later some hand painted production samples.

True, but it seems that every time Yamato skips the CAD stage and go straight to showing off resin sculpts of upcoming toys, somehow they end up in the island of vaporware toys. It happened with the 1/60 Monster, and now it's happening with the SDF-1 and the Phalanx.

Edited by Lonely Soldier Boy

True, but it seems that every time Yamato skips the CAD stage and go straight to showing off resin sculpts of upcoming toys, somehow they end up in the island of vaporware toys. It happened with the 1/60 Monster, and now it's happening with the SDF-1 and the Phalanx.

I hope you're not right about the SDF-1 being vaporware... :mellow:

I'm really looking forward to that thing... :(