Mobile Suit Gundam 00 - >>Season 2 + Movie<<

who was the guy who committed seppuku during the new president of the federation's speech? I thought it was Gra-Bushido but he is seen behind Billy after that

That was Homer Katagiri, Billy's uncle. He was in charge of A-LAWS.

It's cuz Jupiter was a big plot point in Code Geass.

I must have missed those references from Geass then, time to rewatch! XD.

I watched the 00 finale again this morning before leaving, I'd have to say that it was a nice way to tie things up. Seeing Hal/All & Lockon totally pwn Ribbon's posse was utterly satisfying. And Lockon's trans-am dodge was just so.... well, it was just so dylandy gangsta style.

My only remaining complaint is that perhaps the 00 cast grew too large and hard to manage, and so we're left with rather dull conclusions for characters like Bushido, Billy & uncle, and even poor Ali - who I always thought was the main villain. Wang Liu Mei and Hong Long fall into the same category, they are just billed as rather important characters in S1 but meet a rather simple demise in S2.

... but the real winner of Gundam 00 is Patrick.

just got to the end, and overall I liked it. I agree this season didnt feel as tight as the first, but i was pretty much on board till just after the Momento Mori destructionj. Then it slipped up and down. the tower collapse and the resulting scene of all the suits trying to stop the debris was a great episode, but the last few were a bit mish-mash for me.

overall I lked the series. Hell;, Gundam 00 brought m into Gundam for the first time, and i still like it enought o stick with it.

As for the movie: I think we'll see Aliens. Thats what Aeolias plan was about after all; Unite the world so that we'd be ready when we met another race.

Gundam has always been a human drama. They have never included aliens and I doubt the movie will either.

While this is true, you also have to consider the amount that aliens have been mentioned in the show during the last few episodes. Consider also, that one of the themes that S2 has been hitting you in the face with is to "fight for the future, leave the past behind you." This is not just for the characters you see, but for the entire Gundam franchise. It's the director taking a stab at Sunrise for constantly doing the same thing over and over with the Gundam name. He hints at this same idea during the course of the first season as well into the second; where the familiar Gundam tropes are turned on their heads, trying to show how silly they are in realistic setting. The concept of innovators is obviously pulled from Newtypes, but with the Gn particles they manage to actually understand each other as opposed to their UC bound peers, who are used over and over again in for the continuation of conflict. That is how Tomino wanted them to be in the first place (see his novels for this), but they were perverted into the war machines we know in the name of action figure sales. More evidence for my main point is the rather blatant final battle between Setsuna and Ribbons- a battle between the old and the new. Amuro (same VA as Ribbons) in the Gundam vs Setsuna in Exia. And we all saw who won that fight. Mizushima is saying that living in the past brings nothing, and that the future should be embraced, and while this is a good philosophy in general, he also means it specifically for the Gundam franchise. So I would have to say that I think that aliens will be in the 00 movie, and that in this particular timeline they could be pulled off very well.

mmm.....that's pretty poignant, Schmitty, but pure conjecture at best until the director himself mentions that this was his intention, to take a stab at Sunrise. Which i suppose he'll never freely admit even if it was true......

Maybe the movie exposes the fact that GN technology are in fact based on long lost alien technology discovered on one of Jupiter's moons, or something to that effect. If Aolia's plans make mention of the "coming dialogues," then he is probably aware of the existence of some form of ET intelligence that will make contact with mankind.

But in all likelihood... I doubt we'll see aliens, it's just so un-Gundam.

Now, back to making fun of the show. I noticed that when new Federation President Clint00n (sorry couldn't resist :p) was making her speech, the camera pans towards a row of people. Er... is it just me or does the girl with purple hair look surprisingly a lot like a certain innovator? This occurs at about 18:04. They seem to have added emphasis to the people sitting on that row. I'm interested to look back into the S1 episode where they are sifting through the file of known Aolia associates for comparison... but too lazy to locate it atm.

Now, back to making fun of the show. I noticed that when new Federation President Clint00n (sorry couldn't resist :p) was making her speech, the camera pans towards a row of people. Er... is it just me or does the girl with purple hair look surprisingly a lot like a certain innovator? This occurs at about 18:04. They seem to have added emphasis to the people sitting on that row. I'm interested to look back into the S1 episode where they are sifting through the file of known Aolia associates for comparison... but too lazy to locate it atm.

From what I understand, Veda sent Innovades into the world to better understand humans. There were some in Azadistan.

From what I understand, Veda sent Innovades into the world to better understand humans. There were some in Azadistan.

So they're integrated into humanity now eh?

Yes, she does.

There's also a familiar looking green-haired individual in the crowd standing around Marina Ismail when she watches the Ptolemais's particle contrail rising into the sky.

The pair particularly stand out when you consider that Feldt is the only person other than the innovators who has an unusual hair color (and incidentally, we know enough of her background to know that she's a normal human - both of her parents were members of Celestial Being, and are believed to be two of the characters that appear in the prequel manga stories).

I figure that we really don't know how many artificial innovators there were. And it wouldn't be surprising to have them turn up in unexpected locations. After all, they exist to guide humanity toward becoming true innovators. And so long as

Ribbons stays dead and Tieria remains Veda, these artificial innovators shouldn't pose a threat like Ribbons's group did.

That was Homer Katagiri, Billy's uncle. He was in charge of A-LAWS.

Thanks.

About the Aliens, they'd better show up this time! After the red herring that was the space whale (pun intended) in SEED. A movie would be a good place to introduce aliens to the Gundam universe as well, since if the fan reaction is bad, they can just claim it as a theatrical release within the timeline :p

Edited by edwin3060

I know how u feel totally. Its a shame really. Sunrise tends to do this to us over and over again but we lap it up like hungry dogs anyway. :lol:

Not me, I gave up on Gundam half way through Destiny. Tried watching the first 6 eps of 00 season 1, but it did nothing for me.

Just thought I'd stop buy ans see what you all are saying about season 2.

Graham

Not me, I gave up on Gundam half way through Destiny. Tried watching the first 6 eps of 00 season 1, but it did nothing for me.

Just thought I'd stop buy ans see what you all are saying about season 2.

Graham

Well, to be fair, Destiny is definitely not good, and the beginning of the first season of Gundam 00 is a bit slow. But Season 2 rocks, though. :)

I too liked this show

But just like BSG im totally confused!!

I really like how they made the Gundam 0 look so much like the original gundam rx 78

never liked gundam series but after wing and this one im more into it

hated seed as i could not stand to watch teenagers make grown up decisions

Edited by nugundamII

hated seed as i could not stand to watch teenagers make grown up decisions

Don't know much about history, do you? There's plenty of cases throughout history where teenagers made grown, up, world-changing decisions.

Thanks.

About the Aliens, they'd better show up this time! After the red herring that was the space whale (pun intended) in SEED. A movie would be a good place to introduce aliens to the Gundam universe as well, since if the fan reaction is bad, they can just claim it as a theatrical release within the timeline :p

I am confused, it has been a few years since I have seen SEED, but where is the mention of a space whale in it? Only space whales I remember are from Macross 7

I am confused, it has been a few years since I have seen SEED, but where is the mention of a space whale in it? Only space whales I remember are from Macross 7

There's a fossil of a whale-like creature discovered by the 1st coordinator guy and its on the same planet that was ZAFT's HQ. Forgot which planet it was.

They wanted to tie in Macross and Gundam in preparation for a Bandai takeover but it failed :p

There's a fossil of a whale-like creature discovered by the 1st coordinator guy and its on the same planet that was ZAFT's HQ. Forgot which planet it was.

I think that it was from Jupiter too, and it had wings.

There was one on earth in the Astray novels.

• 4 weeks later...

Ok, i'm a bit late, but i just finished watching S2 yesterday, and it was awesome! :) a pretty good and solid ending, imho. can't wait for the movie. :)

and about that movie... sounds like it will be first contact (or "dialogue") with an alien race... and then we have the power of Marina's song....

waitaminute, this is gundam, right? :p

• 2 weeks later...

Wow, I was really behind. Just finished up the show. Good ending. Much better than the "lets kill everybody" ending that the anime makers seem to be so fond of. The movie looks interesting to say the least. I'm guessing first contact situation or even a second Veda.

• 5 months later...

Some details and images are appearing online for the new Gundam 00 movie, Next Mission.

The “Gundam 00 Next Mission” event has been held today at the Gundam Big Expo. Some information about the Mobile Suits of the movie sequel of Gundam 00 has been released :

* 00 Quanta, Setsuna’s unit. Exia’s lineage. It has binders and shield on its left shoulder, as weel as numerous Funnels (informal name).

* Gundam Harut, Allelujah’s unit. Harut and Marut are two angels mentioned in the Qur’an. The Gundam has a visor like the Astraea and the GN Archer. It can transform.

* Gundam Zabaniya, Lyle’s unit. The Zabaaniyah are the gardians of Hell in the Qur’an. Looks like a close-combat unit. It has a slim torso and big legs like the Virtue. It carries a “GN Armor lite” on its back.Main weapon : Double hand gun.

* Gundam Raphael, Tieria’s unit. See the Archangel Raphael. It has wired cannons in its fingers (like the Belphegor Gundam) and 4 cannons on its shoulders.

“New GN Drives” were also mentioned.

According to this information 00 Quanta has numerous "funnels." I am going to assume that means 00 Quanta has fangs? It will be interesting to see how well Setsuna handles them. I personally thought Ali used the fangs quite nicely with the Throne Zwei and Arche Gundam. Anew also did a pretty good job with the fangs that were equipped to the Gaddess. Hopefully Setsuna uses them just as good if not better than Ali and Anew did.

Lyle's new Gundam, the Zabaniya, sounds a bit out of place for his role in the group. In Season One and Season Two the role of Lockon was to be a long range sniper, thus the two individuals using that codename were given the Dynames and Cherudim, two long range fighting Gundams.

1256431907476.jpg

4044519811312528aefeb.jpg

4045265190e379e132d0b.jpg

"Design" was always the weakest part of 00 in my opinion - it's like they like they took the specialized Gundam designs of Gundam Wing and toned it down a notch.

I hope the movie delivers. Having rewatched both seasons, I definitely feel that S2 kind of ruined it. S1 was incredibly awesome and the first few eps of S2 were good, but then we got into stupid crap like CB fighting Memento Mori 3x times, and 00-Raiser pretty much flying around untouched and unscathed by anything.

The high point of S2 was Tieria in a red dress.