Macross Frontier News Thread V

azrael

Sheryl has shrugged off the military fetish gear, and has decided to become a cowgirl, I see...

military fetish, cowgirl fetish, other fetishes, it's all good :D

As many VF as Gundams would be a nightmare...for the wallet, who recently is not happy with me, neither is the bank account, they already had some problems and now there is an explosion of Macross toys.

I guess one of the difference between gundam and macross is that gundam has too much of those unique hero units. Macross has just different color schemes.... Given the number of Valkyries I've seen, I think one gundam series has more units than the whole macross universe combined :lol:

I guess one of the difference between gundam and macross is that gundam has too much of those unique hero units. Macross has just different color schemes.... Given the number of Valkyries I've seen, I think one gundam series has more units than the whole macross universe combined :lol:

Mobile Fighter G gundam, 40+ gundams, most of them completely retarded (still one of my favorite's of the franchise :lol: ).

Well Macross diffferentiates by having the primary unit type and then variations of that a la VF-25 variations. It makes more sense in real-life anyways.

Single one-off hero units are not that cost effective. So that's why Gundam doesn't make sense. Only time it ever made sense was Gundam Seed with the Strike and GAT-X variations. Similar frames and jsut variations on capability just like the VF-25.

Although other than cosmetic, what differences are there between the VF-25S and VF-25F and VF-25G? Well the G had the sniper rifle but does it ever say it has upgraded sensory equipment (to aid in those long range shots)? Same question for the S and F versions.

Well Macross diffferentiates by having the primary unit type and then variations of that a la VF-25 variations. It makes more sense in real-life anyways.

Single one-off hero units are not that cost effective. So that's why Gundam doesn't make sense. Only time it ever made sense was Gundam Seed with the Strike and GAT-X variations. Similar frames and jsut variations on capability just like the VF-25.

Although other than cosmetic, what differences are there between the VF-25S and VF-25F and VF-25G? Well the G had the sniper rifle but does it ever say it has upgraded sensory equipment (to aid in those long range shots)? Same question for the S and F versions.

Yes, the VF-25G does have enhanced optics in the head.

* VF-25F: Normal version.

* VF-25G: Version with a sniper rifle as standard equipment. Head turret mono-eye adjusted for sniping.

* VF-25S: Version used by team leaders with enhancements to every system.

* RVF-25: Version with enhanced electronic warfare capabilities, equipped with large-sized radome and Aegis pack Custom AP-SF-01+. High precision sensor antennas and high-efficiency sensors built into head. Camera-eye is mounted on the outside of the head.

http://macross.anime.net/wiki/VF-25_Messiah

Though, it doesn't take away from your arguement. The head unit/turret is only one, small component. It's most likely interchangeable between different VF-25.

Expanding on your arguement - one of the concepts of Macross has always been mass production. In SDF:M, the Zentraedi are the ultimate expression of mass production. Perhaps, one could even go so far as to say that it was an allusion to the mechanization in Japanese society at the time (robots making cars, etc.) and the social costs of it (Zentraedi being emotionally stunted, etc.).

The official Macross F site has new information and images related to numbers 21 and 22 of the Macross Chronicle...

Number 22 has lots of information on the different gunpods used by the different valkyrie models up to the VF-25 and VF-27 from Macross Frontier.

Number 21 has a Macross II valkyrie on the cover... and an article on Silvie Gena. B))

This number also has lots of information regarding all the different full armor valkyries ever made, including Ozma's Full Armor VF-25...

post-7862-1241748032_thumb.jpg

post-7862-1241748150_thumb.jpg

post-7862-1241748162_thumb.jpg

Edited by Kronnang Dunn

so...when is the stupid frontier movie coming...I'm starting to get a bad feeling that all this wait will not be worth it

"All this wait"...?

What did you expect, that they'd pop out a movie in three weeks?

Anyway, I don't know anything about the Stupid Frontier movie, but the Macross Frontier movie is scheduled for September, maybe.

I see what looks like a detailed missile count for the VF-11 Protect Armor. *passes out* :)

?

In #21? Nope. Though we do get the code names for all of the Full Armour VFs (except the VF-171EX, but does that really count as a full armour?!)

A sample of the upcoming Macross F Drama CD:

http://www.jvcmusic.co.jp/-/SampleStreamMe...sx?sid=MACROSSF

It's "Runner"... but maybe it should be renamed "Ruiner"?? Seriously, I don't know who this is (I'm guessing Michael and Klan), but even Gigil from M7 at least sounded interesting. This is some awful, awful monotonous garbage right here.

A sample of the upcoming Macross F Drama CD:

http://www.jvcmusic.co.jp/-/SampleStreamMe...sx?sid=MACROSSF

It's "Runner"... but maybe it should be renamed "Ruiner"?? Seriously, I don't know who this is (I'm guessing Michael and Klan), but even Gigil from M7 at least sounded interesting. This is some awful, awful monotonous garbage right here.

Well...if you're anything like me, this picture is enough to get you to buy it (censor bar added by me):

post-939-1242187888_thumb.jpg

(Little too loli for my taste...but it's the thought that counts, right?)

Although that's somewhat set off by the fact that there's a kinda/sorta Nanase death scene on the first track (during a simulation, Luca reprograms his Ghosts to be Alto, Michael, and Nanase. Nanase gets shot down).

EDIT: Listening further on...Lord help us, there's "Aimo" sung by Ozma...I really didn't need to hear that... :wacko:

Edited by Gubaba

OK, my favorite line so far...

Alto and Michael are rather annoyed that Luca named the Ghosts after them (and Nanase), so he comes up with an excuse that the names are acronyms. For example, Alto (A Ru To, アルト) means Active Routing Transpersonal (クトィブ・ートィング・ランズパーソナル). Later, they ask the Ghosts themselves what the acronyms are for, and the results aren't quite as complimentary.

NaNaSe, on the other hand, stands for:

Nanase is sweet!

Nanase is the greatest!

Sexy, lovely, my angel Nasase!

Too bad she gets killed.

Edited by Gubaba

MF Movie PV2

PV2:

http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm7071461

【マクロスFG(仮)】

西暦2059年巨大移民船団マクロスフロンティア

謎の生物機械兵器バジュラと遭遇する

人類の危機に直面する一人のパイロットと二人の歌姫

新たな舞台(ステージ)が幕を開ける

【MACROSS FRONTIER THE MOVIE】

ランカ:ねえアルトくん、シェリルさんのことどう思う

アルト:嘘だろ、あいつがそんな

シェリル:見損なったわアルト。あたしはどうせもうすぐお別れなんだから…

ランカ:どうがんばっても自分はシェリルさんみたいにはなれないよ

シェリル:本番ではもっとギリギリ限界までかっこよく飛びなさい

アルト:やめろランカに手を出すな

【今、動き出すトライアングルストーリー】

ランカ:シェリルさん、どうしてあたしの

アルト:どんなことがあっても、お前は一人ぼっちなんかじゃない

「そうだよ」ランカ・リー=中島愛

そうだよ 君の言葉は

いつだって宝物

何度も 届いているよ

光のエナジー

今 会えないけれど

僕は元気でいるよ だから

今 会えないけれど

君も元気でいるといいな

mfmpv201.jpg

mfmpv202.jpg

mfmpv203.jpg

mfmpv204.jpg

mfmpv205.jpg

mfmpv206.jpg

Nice pics, thanks krespy. Glad to see the character animation is improved for the movie.

Edited by Bri

Is anything known yet about if it's going to be a retelling of the series or a new story set after the end of the series?

The pictures and trailer speak for themselves that this would be a Macross Plus movie style of retelling as opposed to a DYRL version.

cannot see the trailer, me not have account...

macross plus style movie? but the OVA was not much longer than the film with only 4 episodes, how do you tell a 25 episode story in an average sized movie? It's probably not going to be told in a way too close to the TV series!