Macross Frontier News Thread V

azrael

maybe some of that will be included in the movie?

wish someone would translate it for reading purposes.

Dnag it I need to start learning japanese.

After I listen to it a dozen or so more times, I might be able to bang out a little summary or something.

Eventually, I'm planning on doing a full translation, but that's a few years off.

After I listen to it a dozen or so more times, I might be able to bang out a little summary or something.

Eventually, I'm planning on doing a full translation, but that's a few years off.

oh, well. maybe by then the whole legal situation will be cleared up.

off topic:

know of a good translation program for web pages?

know of a good translation program for web pages?

Add this:

java script:var%20t=((window.getSelection&&window.getSelection())||(document.getSelection&&document.getSelection())||(document.selection&&document.selection.createRange&&document.selection.createRange().text));var%20e=(document.charset||document.characterSet);if(t!=''){location.href='http://translate.google.com/translate_t?text='+t+'&hl=en&langpair=auto|en&tbb=1&ie='+e;}else{location.href='http://translate.google.com/translate?u='+escape(location.href)+'&hl=en&langpair=auto|en&tbb=1&ie='+e;};

as a new shortcut on your browser's bookmark bar.

Whenever you want to translate a page (in any language) to English, just click it and BAM translated by the almighty wintermu...err Google.

Edited by Sketch

マクロス劇場版

2時間に収めようとしている

・テレビシリーズを大胆に再構成したものをベースに新作カットが挿入されていくという感じ

・基本的にはテレビと同じ時系列

・25話以降の続きを書く場合、初めての観客には辛い。代わりに、続きに近いことを再構成した物語に入れ込んでいく可能性はある。

・劇場版ではテレビよりもアルトを立ててあげようと思う。

・アルトはちょっぴりかっこよく、ランカはよりかわいく、シェリルはかっこよさと同時に妖しさを付け足した。

・シェリルに関しては、テレビシリーズで嫌われキャラぎりぎりだったので、手を加えるのが難しい。 <-----------------------WRONG!!!!

だが、「この手があったか」というのを思いついて今ではだいぶ勝算が見えてきた。

・メインキャラの中で一番変わったのはブレラ。新コスチュームが出てくる。登場のタイミングもいじった。

・アフレコは全パート新録。

新作カットは最終的に7割を超えそう

・シェリルのライブシーンは大半が新作になる

・新曲はもちろんある。

大気圏内での戦闘が増える。どこの「大気圏内」なのかはご想像におまかせします。

Edited by kresphy

・シェリルに関しては、テレビシリーズで嫌われキャラぎりぎりだったので、手を加えるのが難しい。 <-----------------------WRONG!!!!

Who wrote this statement?! It's weird! How did they come up with that?!

Add this:

java script:var%20t=((window.getSelection&&window.getSelection())||(document.getSelection&&document.getSelection())||(document.selection&&document.selection.createRange&&document.selection.createRange().text));var%20e=(document.charset||document.characterSet);if(t!=''){location.href='http://translate.google.com/translate_t?text='+t+'&hl=en&langpair=auto|en&tbb=1&ie='+e;}else{location.href='http://translate.google.com/translate?u='+escape(location.href)+'&hl=en&langpair=auto|en&tbb=1&ie='+e;};

Whenever you want to translate a page (in any language) to English, just click it and BAM translated by the almighty wintermu...err Google.

Cute idea,but how do you do that? I've tried several times and ways with firefox, but can't seem to create such a thing.

マクロス劇場版

2時間に収めようとしている

・基本的にはテレビと同じ時系列

・アフレコは全パート新録。

新作カットは最終的に7割を超えそう

・シェリルのライブシーンは大半が新作になる

・新曲はもちろんある。

BABEL FISH TRASLATION:

[terebishirizu] boldly when the continuation after the same time serial 25 stories as the television is written feeling basic, new work cutting keeps being inserted those which it has been about to store to [makurosu] theater edition 2 hours, reconstructed in the base it is harsh in the new audience. Instead, there is a possibility of keeping inserting into the story which reconstructed the fact that it is close to the continuation. Theater in edition the television compared to you try raising alto. Alto the parenthesis is good little bit, [ranka] is lovelier, [shieriru] is fascinating simultaneously with smartness it attached. To be disliked in the television series, in regard to [shieriru], because it was [kiyara] last, it is difficult to rework.

Does this mean the movie is going to be a DYRL retelling with a conclusion to the story left unfinished in the TV series? (the destiny of Galaxy Island and stuff?) :blink:

Edited by Kronnang Dunn

"Re-edit" movie edition confirmed. The movie will be a restructured version of the TV series, with some new cuts inserted in between scenes.

Sigh. <_<

EDIT: They DO say that 70 percent is new footage though.... hmm

Edited by Renato

"Re-edit" movie edition confirmed. The movie will be a restructured version of the TV series, with some new cuts inserted in between scenes.

Sigh. <_<

Essentially, the Macross Frontier version of DYRL, which was essentially the same thing.

Could be cool!

With all the art floating around from the cards, Chronicle and Macross A, why do I get the feeling that within a year or so we'll be seeing new art books from Tenjin Hidetaka and Mikimoto? B))

Sigh. <_<

Considering they may be squeezing 25 episodes into 2 hours...yeh, there needs to be some creative editing. So...will Michael die on Gallia...hmmm

Considering they may be squeezing 25 episodes into 2 hours...yeh, there needs to be some creative editing. So...will Michael die on Gallia...hmmm

Will he even appear? I think that some major characters and events will "vanish".

Add this:

i figured something out.

i just make google translate work for me.

Essentially, the Macross Frontier version of DYRL, which was essentially the same thing.

Could be cool!

Yeah, I wouldnt mind that at all, but from the clips shown, doesnt look like it's being mastered in 35mm, like DYRL was, but then again the clip was pretty mediocre quality, I hope I'm wrong.

マクロス劇場版

2時間に収めようとしている

・基本的にはテレビと同じ時系列

・アフレコは全パート新録。

新作カットは最終的に7割を超えそう

・シェリルのライブシーンは大半が新作になる

・新曲はもちろんある。

Ok hold up, I'm a little confused here and I would appreciate it if someone would tell me what all the commotion is about because I can't read this :( If someone would be so kind as to translate this or at least give a nice summary of what this is about, I would appreciate it. As far as I see, you guys are saying that this is a confirmation that this will be a re-telling?

BTW, reposting here some stuff from AnimeSuki, which should be of interest to all:

Some bits of info on Sheryl's and Grace's pasts from the Drama CD (Galaxy Memories). All translation credit goes to seiichiro_yayoi @ LJ from the AltoxSheryl comm

Grace was narrating this track and offered an interesting insight into their past. Anyway, here goes:

-We have confirmation that Sheryl is indeed Mao's grand daughter.

-Sheryl is the object of Grace's revenge against Mao (yes, we all know this, but there you go, straight from the horse's mouth).

-It appears Sheryl's parents were killed by Grace and the other entities within her for going against them (for the Parallel Thought Network, I assume).

-The other entities knew about Sheryl being in the slums but kept her there for a while just for the sadistic joy of watching her suffer. Grace herself did not know about this until the other entities asked her opinion on "what else was there to do with Mao's grand daughter?"

-Grace then took Sheryl for the Fairy9 project, deliberately infecting her with the V-type virus. Within this sequence, there's a very touching scene where a young Sheryl asks Grace to hold her hand while going through a seemingly painful experimentation process. T_T

-It seems that when one is injected with the V-type virus, there is a backlash of LOTS of pain. Sheryl lived through that and is known to be the only survivor of the process. Ergo, Sheryl was considered to be (almost) a success that's why Grace and the other entities had such high hopes for her.

-Grace admits that she has developed affection/feelings for Sheryl over the past 10 years.

-Sheryl genuinely looks up to Grace not only as her manager, but her one true friend and older sister.

-However, upon the discovery that the Fairy9 project is a failure, Grace decides to reprogram herself. She knew her feelings for Sheryl would jeopardize their ambitions.

-Grace, right before reprogramming utters some final words: "Goodbye, my beloved Fairy."

This about confirms every single point of speculation I ever uttered here and on AS about the Sheryl-Grace connection and then some. Good to know that my speculations were right. ^_^

Also:

Nice opportunity to ask questions to The Hory Froating Head:

Kawamori, Arias, Pierrot CEO, Kelts to Speak in NY School

Keio Academy of New York to host directors, scholar for summer teen program

The Keio Academy of New York has announced its guest speakers for its summer program on digital media creation for young teens: Macross and Escaflowne co-creator Shoji Kawamori (pictured at right), Tekkonkinkreet and Heaven's Door director Michael Arias (far right), Pierrot studio's founding CEO and animation director Yuji Nunokawa (below left), and Japanamerica author and The Daily Yomiuri columnist Roland Kelts (below). In previous years, some of the speakers appeared in person, and others interacted with the students via an experimental teleconference software from the Japanese telecommunications giant NTT.

The two-week program will take place from July 25 to August 8 at the academy's campus in the city of Purchase, 30 miles (about 50 kilometers) north of New York City. The bilingual program is open to 40 Japanese students and 40 American students between the ages of 13 to 15. Last year, the program included a hands-on video production workshop, fields trips to New York City, and language classes in both Japanese and English.

Keio Academy is affiliated with Keio University, a prestigious 151-year-old institution equivalent to America's Ivy League colleges. Kawamori himself attended Keio University with high school friends Haruhiko Mikimoto and Hiroshi Ohnogi; the three founded a Gundam anime club there and eventually left the university to create the first television anime series in the Macross science-fiction franchise.

I wish I could attend this. :D

This about confirms every single point of speculation I ever uttered here and on AS about the Sheryl-Grace connection and then some. Good to know that my speculations were right. ^_^

It's a nice sentiment, although you always have to be careful about how you take the canonicity of materials like this. Still, some good stuff!

It's a nice sentiment, although you always have to be careful about how you take the canonicity of materials like this. Still, some good stuff!

Considering that the track was written by Hiroyuki Yoshino, who is the credited writer for every episode of Frontier, I'd say its bid for canonicity is pretty strong. ^_^

Also:

I wish I could attend this.

Considering that you need to be 13-15 years old and be interested in video production or possibly wanting to make it a career choice..... ;)

Wait, why is everybody going "Oh, a retelling. What interesting new information"? We did know it´d be a retelling since about January, IIRC...

Yes, we have known for a while it would be a re-telling. What remained unconfirmed was whether or not it would be a DYRL-style, brand new version with similar events, or a MacPlusMovieEd-style "re-editing of footage" deal.

What is now confirmed is the latter. Now, people might say that because there was hardly any new footage in the teasers that was known all along, and to them I say, yeah, but trailers for DYRL and Macross 7: The Galaxy is Calling Me also had a lot of old footage in the trailer, while they were actually all-new works.

MF Card, Macross Crusade

Official site:

http://www.carddas.com/macross/

http://blog.livedoor.jp/kajiyamak/

and

http://p.pita.st/?m=ik3nkgvw

http://p.pita.st/?m=8xuhnsyd

http://p.pita.st/?m=il3spibh

http://p.pita.st/?m=goval9sy

http://p.pita.st/?m=g51mmkil

b173c565.jpg

1398417d.jpg

リン・ミンメイ(CH-003)

コスト:青指定国力2、合計国力2、資源コスト0

特徴:マクロス系 女性 子供 歌手

戦闘修正:0/0/0

(自動A):このカードは、敵軍効果では破壊されない。

(戦闘フェイズ):《R》部隊1つにいる全ての自軍ユニットは、ターン終了時まで+1/±0/+1を得る

Edited by kresphy

Wooh! A Macross TCG? Count me in, though I doubt they'll release it in English. Could be great fun if someone sets up a website with the cards translated. I doubt my basic level Nihongo would get me that far with these.

Is it released by packs like other TCGs? Or/And can I get a starter to play?

Hope they'll be easily available outside of Japan.

Edited by miked01

Considering that the track was written by Hiroyuki Yoshino, who is the credited writer for every episode of Frontier, I'd say its bid for canonicity is pretty strong. ^_^

Yeah, it just pisses me off that we have to be wary about these things nowadays. :(