Macross Frontier News Thread V

azrael

Don't do that.

just start with gundam your not missing much just a bunch emo kids with more issues than shinji form evangelion with giant over powered robots that they can barely control due to the fact that they rely more on the robot rather than pilot skill.

Yeah, Graham was right : Gundam 00 SUCKS F*CKING HARD !!! <_<

Don't do that.

just start with gundam your not missing much just a bunch emo kids with more issues than shinji form evangelion with giant over powered robots that they can barely control due to the fact that they rely more on the robot rather than pilot skill.

I have no idea what you're talking about...I only watch U.C. Timeline (why don't we have a "snooty" smiley...?)

But Shinji's one of my favorite characters ever, so maybe I should give them a try...

Now if it dosen't feature Klan enough or focus more on her then give food , macross, internet, etc.

But if it features Nanase and Klan the whole movie be afraid be very afraid.

ka-BOING ka-BOING ka-BOING ka-BOING...

That'd be awesome actually.

Okay, that's it...I want a four-hour movie (so you get your money's worth) entirely about Nanase shopping for bras with an embarrassed Luca in tow. It'll be an homage to the "Mr. Lingerie" scene AND give the discriminating Nanase fan* what he wants to see most.

Dude...it'll be A-MAZ-ING...

*I assume there's only one of us.

I have no idea what you're talking about...I only watch U.C. Timeline (why don't we have a "snooty" smiley...?)

But Shinji's one of my favorite characters ever, so maybe I should give them a try...

ok i thought you were talking about gundam 00. and which one would that be?

ka-BOING ka-BOING ka-BOING ka-BOING...

That'd be awesome actually.

Okay, that's it...I want a four-hour movie (so you get your money's worth) entirely about Nanase shopping for bras with an embarrassed Luca in tow. It'll be an homage to the "Mr. Lingerie" scene AND give the discriminating Nanase fan* what he wants to see most.

Dude...it'll be A-MAZ-ING...

*I assume there's only one of us.

at first then it turnss into a lifetime network(the channel for women where all men are evil) movie.

Mr Lingerie scene?!

more than one. me have weakness for girls with glasses :mellow:

ok i thought you were talking about gundam 00. and which one would that be?

Wait...which Gundam is U.C.?

All of 'em. Except for the alternate universe ones. But I refuse to accept that those are really Gundam.

at first then it turnss into a lifetime network(the channel for women where all men are evil) movie.

Mr Lingerie scene?!

more than one. me have weakness for girls with glasses :mellow:

Shammy: "Ah! It's Mr. Lingerie!"

Vanessa: "Mr. Lingerie...?"

Kim: "We were in the lingerie shop and..."

That should jog your memory. ^_^

Technically speaking, both term are correct. I actually prefer Judah.

Actually they aren't, Judah was the man who became Israel and the father of the Jewish people. Judas was the one who sold Jesus to the Romans.

Still, having 3 Ghosts named after 3 apostles being controled by a system named after the one who betrayed them... never made much sense to me so i'm just guessing the name Judah refers to something else.

I always got the impression that the "Judas" system was an inhibiting code to keep the Ghosts from going on a self initiated rampage against friendly pilots. The new Ghosts have AI, but limited self will akin to a dog's leash.

Essentially I see the "Judas System" to be more of a control system for attack dog mecha. Smart enough to fight, but not capable of turning on its owners.

Edited by Zinjo

All of 'em. Except for the alternate universe ones. But I refuse to accept that those are really Gundam.

Does that include Gundam Sentinel then? That's actually one of my all time favourite Gundam series, though there is some conjecture whether it's actually part of the greater original Gundam universe or just some alternate non-canon story. Awesome designs though....

As for the alternate universe Gundams, technically everything from Seed onwards is a pain. Granted that the second half of the Seed series redeem itself somewhat with what passes for an original story rather than just a rehash of the original to ZZ Gundam stories which makes up the first half of the season. Just forget about the Destiny series that follows it though. The damn thing plays out like the worse fan-fiction one can think of.

We're still months away from the Frontier movie at the moment. I take it that we'll be having a drought of news about it for a bit yet then? Or is there some upcoming event that we'll happen to chance on some more juicy details?

that's why i hate gundam. too many universes. had to wiki it to figure it out. disliked char's counter attack ( stupid love sick emo teen :angry: ). liked 08th MS team.

So all the other series of gundam i like would be future century then (Wing and G undam).

Shammy: "Ah! It's Mr. Lingerie!"

Vanessa: "Mr. Lingerie...?"

Kim: "We were in the lingerie shop and..."

That should jog your memory. ^_^

Still had to google it. which led me back to this site. still a little confused.

you mean the part where rick (not gonna butcher their Japanese name using robotech names) was in the store with minmei while she buying a dress and lisa/ misa or was it the bridge bunnys?.. came in and started to question him .

:blink:

I think.

gotta re-watch.

it went more as in Hikaru was with Minmei shopping for a dress, he drop the grocery items he was carrying in a brown bag and end picking them near some lady undergarment stand while Misa and the bridge bunnies go in and start browsing around the pantys and Hikaru stands up while Misa is holding some panties on her hands and decide to leave thinking hikaru was eavesdropping...

:ph34r:

it went more as in Hikaru was with Minmei shopping for a dress, he drop the grocery items he was carrying in a brown bag and end picking them near some lady undergarment stand while Misa and the bridge bunnies go in and start browsing around the pantys and Hikaru stands up while Misa is holding some panties on her hands and decide to leave thinking hikaru was eavesdropping...

:ph34r:

ok. its comming back to me now.

Thanks as usual, Kresphy!

20-page feature on the Macross F movie, huh? Better be good!

"Minmay falls from the heavens" is probably referring to the classic mid-air catch scene in SDF episode 2... Obviously it seems it has been totally reworked here. I can't really figure out what that costume is supposed to be. It's like half Japanese schoolgirl uniform, half Stay Puft Marshmallow Man get-up. The art itself is great as usual though.

The white stripes on the skirts and sleeves remind me very much of ToHeart's uniform so to me it's possibly her school uniform. Though the puffy white things attached to her stockings is weird for a school uniform.

I'm more puzzled by what that strange ferret type creature with spectacles that looks like falling with her actually is.

Here I was just on my last post wondering when the next news about Frontier movie is going to be while totally forgetting Ace No.2 was coming out.

20-page feature on the Macross F movie, huh? Better be good!

"Minmay falls from the heavens" is probably referring to the classic mid-air catch scene in SDF episode 2... Obviously it seems it has been totally reworked here. I can't really figure out what that costume is supposed to be. It's like half Japanese schoolgirl uniform, half Stay Puft Marshmallow Man get-up. The art itself is great as usual though.

Hallelujah, it's raining Minmays!

マクロスエース情報です

6月26日発売マクロスエースVol.002

独占先行 F 劇場版特盛大特集 20ページ!!

thank you so very much for the picture!

20-page feature on the Macross F movie.

wow! 20 page! this great! :)

bye!

Edited by Germán

As usual, Gubaba has the best ideas around.

And yes - Misa was there in the lingerie shop with Kimmii and Shammy. Vannessa wasn't...

I should know.

After all I am...

MR. LINGERIE!!

Totally, totally wrong.

if the movie isn't entirely about Nanase and ONLY Nanase, I'm giving up Macross forever.

This could give a totally different meaning to "Super Dimension" :lol:

Hmmm....

For maximum fanservice, we'd have a SDF ship called "Nanase" (guess where both ARMD-carriers dock?) caught in a love-hate battle with the Micron Klan and the Berserk warrior lady Klan. Obviously the entire movie would play on a giant tropical beach-shaped planet. Featuring Luca as the hapless sod whose Valkyrie falls head first into the prominent front bulkhead of the various involved "ships".

With a side-cast of Ranka and her army of octopus-like Varja (for the *cough*tentacles*cough*) threatening the nice beach from the sea, Sheryl for tremendous yet nonsensical mid-movie music show during which Luca trips over every man, beast, plant, microbe present, and supporting choir of Alto, Bobby (both dressed as you-know-what), Michael (falls off stage halfway the movie), Ozma (DA MAN), Brera (doesn't actually sing, sleeps in his own bubble until the grand finale)...

Edited by Salamander

This could give a totally different meaning to "Super Dimension" :lol:

Hmmm....

For maximum fanservice, we'd have a SDF ship called "Nanase" (guess where both ARMD-carriers dock?) caught in a love-hate battle with the Micron Klan and the Berserk warrior lady Klan. Obviously the entire movie would play on a giant tropical beach-shaped planet. Featuring Luca as the hapless sod whose Valkyrie falls head first into the prominent front bulkhead of the various involved "ships".

With a side-cast of Ranka and her army of octopus-like Varja (for the *cough*tentacles*cough*) threatening the nice beach from the sea, Sheryl for tremendous yet nonsensical mid-movie music show during which Luca trips over every man, beast, plant, microbe present, and supporting choir of Alto, Bobby (both dressed as you-know-what), Michael (falls off stage halfway the movie), Ozma (DA MAN), Brera (doesn't actually sing, sleeps in his own bubble until the grand finale)...

:lol: :lol: :lol:

And Breast Fighters! You can't forget the Breast Fighters!

Ok, question. How can a young Minmay possibly exist in Macross Frontier without time travel being involved? :)

clone.

0 years.

:p

Before this post is dismissed as a one-liner gone bad, keep in mind that Macross Chronicle has pretty much stated that the most talented survivors of SWI were cloned to crew the first dozen or so Megaroad Emigration Fleets.

Ok, question. How can a young Minmay possibly exist in Macross Frontier without time travel being involved? :)

Time is slowed during folds. Something like a factor 7 to 10-ish maybe more. If the Megaroad1 had been stuck in a fold fault or made a really long distance fold, the crew would have aged only a few years by 2059. Minmay would be in her mid-twenties.

Time is slowed during folds. Something like a factor 7 to 10-ish maybe more. If the Megaroad1 had been stuck in a fold fault or made a really long distance fold, the crew would have aged only a few years by 2059. Minmay would be in her mid-twenties.

Uh, I'm a little lost here: where does the young Minmay in Macross F comes from? I haven't found it referenced in previous posts (unless you are talking about the

Minmay cameo possessed by Bilrer

)

Uh, I'm a little lost here: where does the young Minmay in Macross F comes from? I haven't found it referenced in previous posts (unless you are talking about the

Minmay cameo possessed by Bilrer

)

Yea, that's about it. Bilrer wants to meet Minmay. He mentions something along the lines of "accross space and time", time travel or fold or anything else are just ideas how he could meet a young Minmay, 45 years or so after she disappeared. But don't look to deep into it, it's just a teaser for the long time fans.

Yea, that's about it. Bilrer wants to meet Minmay. He mentions something along the lines of "accross space and time", time travel or fold or anything else are just ideas how he could meet a young Minmay, 45 years or so after she disappeared. But don't look to deep into it, it's just a teaser for the long time fans.

Yep, got it. By seing frontier I was just having the idea that he knew what happened to Megaroad 01 and was hoping instant fold travel would get him to Minmay before it was too late to [fill in the blanks with your theory].

:)

As this is a News thread, I expect comments regarding MF news, not comments about the 1-yr old TV series or some previous series. Consider yourselves warned.

As this is a News thread, I expect comments regarding MF news, not comments about the 1-yr old TV series or some previous series. Consider yourselves warned.

I didn't see the same warning about the "tits&ass" period of this thread, but ok.

I just picked up "Nyan Dra: Dra 3" last night, and the second track (written by Yoshino, which I guess makes it about as canonical as you can get) is about Grace starting Project Fairy and experimenting on young Sheryl. If I could understand it better, it would probably answer a lot of questions... :mellow:

You do get to hear Sheryl as a little girl singing "Totsugeki LoveHeart," as well as what sounds like a new "Sheryl Nome starring May'n" song. Of course, everyone's talking over it...but still, it sounds good. Kinda like a post-club chill-out song, slow and sexy.

I still don't think Bilrer was speaking literally, and that everyone is reading a bit much into nothing.

I just picked up "Nyan Dra: Dra 3" last night, and the second track (written by Yoshino, which I guess makes it about as canonical as you can get) is about Grace starting Project Fairy and experimenting on young Sheryl. If I could understand it better, it would probably answer a lot of questions... :mellow:

You do get to hear Sheryl as a little girl singing "Totsugeki LoveHeart," as well as what sounds like a new "Sheryl Nome starring May'n" song. Of course, everyone's talking over it...but still, it sounds good. Kinda like a post-club chill-out song, slow and sexy.

maybe some of that will be included in the movie?

wish someone would translate it for reading purposes.

Dnag it I need to start learning japanese.