Official Bandai 1/60 Scale DX Toy Thread Ver.2

Graham

A complaint a day keeps the doctor away...

Still looks the same(*ankles, crotch, paint chipping, landing gears, head lasers, shoulders, etc.), only now it comes with more stuff stuck to it, and is more expensive. I remember the screws on the Yamato Strike Parts and the shoulders in the Bandai VF-25 plamo, but I keep wondering why some people whishfully think that these (painted) samples will suddenly become better-proportioned, have better landing gear that retract and be magically near perfect once they're mass produced. I trust my knowledge in the industry: at this stage, pretty much EVERY aspect of the mold is defined and unchangeable, maybe some screws will get a cap to hide'em, maybe some parts will be tightened up, some articulations less iffy, that's it...no magic solutions that make you "wow" when you open the box.

This was just a reminder that there's lots of people out there still let down by Bandai's lack of commitment with the DX VF-25

More excited about the 10+ pages of drama and b1tching that will follow the pic. Even though it will be the same thing that has been said over and over again (understandable, as it's essentially the same product as last time)... don't care too much about the toy one way or the other, this thread itself is entertaining.

Edited by Ghost Train

More excited about the 10+ pages of drama and b1tching that will follow the pic. Even though it will be the same thing that has been said over and over again (understandable, as it's essentially the same product as last time)... don't care too much about the toy one way or the other, this thread itself is entertaining.

oh, well that's understandable. I wanna switch side! It looks awesome, I'm glad somebody finally fixed kawamori's suck anorexic design!

I can't understand how the guy who posed Ozma's VF-25 actually thought that pose looked good. Oh noez, where is teh neck?!

Bandai has a reputation of displaying their toys in utterly terrible poses. I can't tell you how many times I've seen Gundam models & toys displayed in awful poses. Probably happens because they send businessmen instead of otaku to tradeshows & photoshoots. :)

Edited by Vifam7

You know... I know CAD lineart is supposed to be accurate... but good grief, I could make so many jokes about that side view of the limp nose. You know those cartoons where there's an alligator who gets his jaws pulled out somehow, and his whole face droops? That's what this reminds me of. Or maybe an anteater. :lol:

All things considered though, they do look good with the armor. I think it helps cover up the small things a bit. *shrugs* I may get one or two, but I have a long list of things I need more than toys right now :lol:

That particular magazine scan was posted several pages back anyways, nothing new here.

This is why I think the first post for all pictures and links to pictures was a great idea back in version 1 of the thread. That way, no need to scour the pages for pics or posting of old pics. However, the messaging mods to post pics in first post was a bad idea.

Woah that VF-25S is so neeto-keen awesome with it's turtle impression and the shoulders almost above head level! And the drooping gerwalk is too wicked cool, looking like it's going to droop itself in half. :) Everyone's right it was just not transformed right the entire time! What magnificent posing! :D And that giganto-cock of doom!

Bandai has a reputation of displaying their toys in utterly terrible poses. I can't tell you how many times I've seen Gundam models & toys displayed in awful poses. Probably happens because they send businessmen instead of otaku to tradeshows & photoshoots. smile.gif

Worse- I think they just send run of the mill employees, many of whom are temp and therefore have no vested business interest in doing the job right...

One of the first images released and it has a neck. I don't know how everybody keeps overlooking this.

Basically - if you pull the head up, the neck comes out and the ankles go in. If you pull the ankles out then the head goes down and covers the neck.

If you want both the ankles and the neck extended; then you have to pull his crotch forward like on the Mikhael and Luca picks.

That is the engineering of the valk.

Pete

Basically - if you pull the head up, the neck comes out and the ankles go in. If you pull the ankles out then the head goes down and covers the neck.

If you want both the ankles and the neck extended; then you have to pull his crotch forward like on the Mikhael and Luca picks.

Pete

:lol: So logical it might just be the case. :lol:

Bandai has a reputation of displaying their toys in utterly terrible poses. I can't tell you how many times I've seen Gundam models & toys displayed in awful poses. Probably happens because they send businessmen instead of otaku to tradeshows & photoshoots. :)

I thought the MG Sinanju having its pelvis and skirt armor backwards was quite good. No wonder the suicide rate of business men in Japan is that high.

Pete

^_^

The short neck is a reference to episode 26 where Ozma loses his car keys in mid transformation and searches for them inside his chest armor.

Bandai and the holes they like to put in the shoulders of the Valks...

First they released the VF-19k with holes in the shoulders... I expected a Sound Booster and nothing...

and now this one... at least this time they will release a Pack.

These crappy close-ups are from the images are from the ad, included in the last page of the Official File 2:

post-322-1226481565_thumb.jpg

post-322-1226481608_thumb.jpg

The online Tamashii Web Shop will be offering exclusive "parts and weapons sets" for DX超合金 VF-25G and RVF-25.

http://hk.myblog.yahoo.com/iam-cybergundam/article?mid=16296

「DX超合金 VF-25G メサイアバルキリー ミハエル機」「DX超合金 RVF-25 メサイアバルキリー ルカ機」には別売オプションセットが!

ミハエル機対応の「ガリア4フォールドセット」の内容は、「スーパーフォールドブースター」「大型スピーカー」「1/60スケール(25mm)ランカ・リー」。

ルカ機の他、VF-25全機に対応の「ゴースト&反応弾セット」の内容は、「ルカ機専用『ゴースト』×1」「反応弾×4」「ミサイル3種×2」。

本体商品それぞれには、オプションセットが割引で購入できるチケットが同梱されてるとのこと。

各オプションセットのみ5000円のところ4000円に。

魂ウェブ商店での販売で、受付期間は2009年3月25日~4月25日を予定しており、7月お届け予定。

VF-25G set comes with 1/60 Ranka Lee (25mm), Speakers and Super Fold Booster

5,000yen, orders open from 25 Mar - 25 Apr, July shipping

RVF-25 comes with Ghost x1, Missiles x2 and Reactive missilesx4

4,000yen, orders open from 25 Mar - 25 Apr, July shipping

EDIT: It seems there will be a discount coupon of sorts for ordering the expansion sets online included with the 1/60 VF-25G and RVF-25.

Edited by IXTL

The online Tamashii Web Shop will be offering exclusive "parts and weapons sets" for DX超合金 VF-25G and RVF-25.

http://hk.myblog.yahoo.com/iam-cybergundam/article?mid=16296

VF-25G set comes with 1/60 Ranka Lee (25mm), Speakers and Super Booster

5,000yen, orders open from 25 Mar - 25 Apr, July shipping

RVF-25 comes with Ghost x1, Missiles x2 and Reactive missilesx4

4,000yen, orders open from 25 Mar - 25 Apr, July shipping

EDIT: It seems there will be a discount coupon of sorts for ordering the expansion sets online included with the 1/60 VF-25G and RVF-25.

Web Shop Exclusive = NOoooooooooooooooooooooo

Aftermarket prices will be a pain in the ass for those of us across the ocean :(