Official Bandai 1/72 Scale Macross Frontier Model Kit Thread Ver.2

Graham

me too, although it did take me sometime to get over the scale problem (wish they were 1/60 :'( )

looking forward to michel's vf-25G and klan's Q-rea, they chouldnt be together on the show, but they'll be together forever on my display :)

Picture006-2.jpg

However - can you guys tell me what colors I need for Ozma? I mean - something more specific than just "grey"

That is - it won't matter what shade of grey I choose will it? If my gray paint doesn't match up to the factory painted part from Bandai - that's not going to cause a problem is it?

Thanks,

Pete

Just keep in mind that some of the markings on the wings are gray as well. So do not make your dark gray too dark otherwise the decals will not show up.

More details! :lol:

post-10806-1234626180_thumb.jpg

This kit is a good option to customize a regular VF with new decals and crome inners parts. Edwin3060 I envy your decisson of buy 2 of this :ph34r:

Heh I only bought one... I am tempted to buy another one though, to make a half Alto/half clear hybrid for display-- I think it would be awesome! Maybe if I can get it for a decent price (~$100, shipping included) Anybody with the connections to make this happen please do pm me!

i think the reason why the intakes on mine are not flush with the other parts in fighter mode is because the legs need to be pulled out a little bit from the hip joints.

hmm i wanted to do that too, but dont think i wil in the end...

an RVF protected by ghosts is a really cool concept

need all 3 so i can call them

simon, peter, john!!! haha -_-"'

wonder if they'll ever have ghost-V9 kits available?

anyway so far, i'm really happy with the frontier 1/72 kit product line

I've thought about doing that too. I'd bet a lot of MW members have...

Raises hand. Gotta have the X-9!! Actually, I've thought that I might tray making an easy mold of the Ghost sprue. It's been a while since I've molded anything, but then I could have S,J, & P, as well as an X-9, V-9, etc... without paying for lots of shipping.

i hope bandai makes more macross series 1/72 tranformable model kits after frontier. then i complete the evolution line of 1/72 transformable models/toys.

post-2880-1234808882_thumb.jpg

post-2880-1234808897_thumb.jpg

I got my VF-25S a few days ago, and I manges to get it into my favorite Valkyrie pose - the famous VF-2SS pose from the opening of Macross II But since I didn't have time to buy the display stand, I decided to build my own LEGO version that actually work well. Here's the pose:

post-463-1234887271_thumb.jpg

And here's pics of the custom stand I made:

post-463-1234887437_thumb.jpg post-463-1234887444_thumb.jpg post-463-1234887450_thumb.jpg

..And now, some silly VF-25 randomness!

-This is how Omaz-sama got kick off the squadron for playing pimp with two Meltran twins (played by Naga the White Serpent and one of her clones). And.. How the hell did an Alien chest-buster get into one of the shots?!

post-463-1234887952_thumb.jpgpost-463-1234887988_thumb.jpg

- "YYYEEEEEEHHHAAAAA!!! Ride-em cowboy!"

post-463-1234888035_thumb.jpg

enjoy! :lol:

20500 Yen for the Ranka Decals isn't that bad. The exchange rate just makes it suck more than it otherwise would. I'd buy it, except for the fact that "it" really isn't much of anything beyond Kakizaki/Luca colors and two generic Ranka pictures/features that aren't very special...

The VF-25 with Sheryl Decals looks really good. Fantastic. Beautiful. The Ranka one is ok.

Pete

I'm finally getting a VF-25 model, Ozma's to be precise. I'm just wondering how long it'll take to get here via SAL.

I can't wait to build it, nor can I wait to get the other versions!

8 days to 30+ days. SAL ships based on when the boat is filled up. So if the boat is just starting to get packed, then you're in for a long wait. Also, you can't tell the boat's status, so it's just luck...