Official Bandai 1/72 Scale Macross Frontier Model Kit Thread Ver.2

Graham

OOOOhh, well then we probably shouldn't worry to much about ruining the decals on the wings, I think I know how these things attach, they don't even actually go on the wings, but they'll cover.

And if it's coming in those colors, white, grey and black, then I suggest using some paint or else the decals are gonna really look little crappy...atleast a close color to the main, red, yellow, blue, whatever. Then probably use the decals over that so it all meshes in better.

Edited by Hikuro

i'll have to wait and see how some of the armor pieces actually attach. that chest armor looks larger than the original piece and the middle part can be seen underneath.

yeah the pointy part of the wing looks like it hooks onto the booster and the width of the slit is larger than the wing so it won't scrape it

There's a stand coming out for the VF-25's but no they don't come with them. This has been mentioned several times that they do not.

The ones you see pictured with the VF-25's are mostly the Bandai Action stands which if you haven't seen, you can get rather cheap between 5-10 dollars. I'm noticing hobby shops in the US Are starting to sell them around 7 dollars each in clear and black. I suggest if you guy one of these VF-25's to buy one, or wait until the SMS Stands come out later.

Edited by Hikuro

There's a stand coming out for the VF-25's but no they don't come with them. This has been mentioned several times that they do not.

The ones you see pictured with the VF-25's are mostly the Bandai Action stands which if you haven't seen, you can get rather cheap between 5-10 dollars. I'm noticing hobby shops in the US Are starting to sell them around 7 dollars each in clear and black. I suggest if you guy one of these VF-25's to buy one, or wait until the SMS Stands come out later.

Although I believe Luca's fighter does come with a stand that hold it and the three ghost fighters, correct? Plus little stands for the ghost fighters to be displayed separately.

Although I believe Luca's fighter does come with a stand that hold it and the three ghost fighters, correct? Plus little stands for the ghost fighters to be displayed separately.

I think the ghosts might come with a stand...but I don't recall if Luca's VF-25 will work with it or not. It's entirely possible seeing how at lowest price I've seen it's a 75 dollar kit...so I'm sure American sellers are gonna go over 100 on his figure.

From what I've seen, I think Luca's Ghosts will come with attachments that allow them to be placed on the SMS action base stand that you still have to buy separately from the model kit itself. Hikuro--- the prices are high because the US dollar sucks so badly right now-- its MSRP is actually 6500 yen, and I've pre-ordered it for 5850 yen.

Edited by edwin3060

Scans of upcoming 1//72 Mac F plamo items from this month's Figure Oh!. Thanks to Toy-world.com.hk.

Michael's valk is featured but no release date/month is given.

Edited by IXTL

I think the ghosts might come with a stand...but I don't recall if Luca's VF-25 will work with it or not. It's entirely possible seeing how at lowest price I've seen it's a 75 dollar kit...so I'm sure American sellers are gonna go over 100 on his figure.

So, now that people have placed orders and such, where is the cheapest place (assuming insured delivery) to get the Luca and Super Parts?

Also, does the picture a few posts up that shows Michael's indicate when it will be released?

Ah. I looked at this pic and made a bad assumption I guess b/c the stand didn't look like the SMS stand. But looking at it again, I think it's just a special attachment for the SMS base. Oh well, I may have to order an action base too...

3216872037_d2c6304410_b.jpg

Edited by protostar8

Just curious, are the markings for the different valk's Super Parts different? I know the color schemes of a few pieces are, but I'm talking about the actual "markings" on them???

I kinda want to know b/c if I made the Luca into a Super Luca, would that pretty much mean I'd be stuck with his markings on them?

Edited by protostar8

Hm okay so Luca wont come with a stand, but it'll have parts so you can place the Ghosts onto the Action stands with his VF-25....that's not bad at all.

Well there's also the mini SMS base for each individual Ghost.

3216872037d2c6304410bms9.jpg

Just curious, are the markings for the different valk's Super Parts different? I know the color schemes of a few pieces are, but I'm talking about the actual "markings" on them???

The markings are identical except for the numbering (Ozma: 001, Michael: 003, Luca: 004 and Alto: 007).

Edited by IXTL

so does anyone know how to get the decals if you're in the US?

Either you know someone in Japan or use Japan shopping service to buy from Japanese shop

http://www.amiami.com/shop/ProductInfo/product_id/113577

http://www.amiami.com/shop/ProductInfo/product_id/113578

Or wait until someone put on sale in ebay. The copied version of Ranka Decal is already on ebay.

Hy guys! First of all, please forgive my english :p .

I´m an absolute NOOB with model kits...but I´ve heard lots of comments in the same way, the bandai 1/72 doesn´t take a veteran skills to make it look good... so I´m considering give it a try... but I´m so scared about scratching water decals on transforming kits... and so many doubts about paneling (being a yamato fan, stickers and sharp pencils is the only customization I know)...

There´s any step by step tutorial about bandai 1/72 kits? with the good price of all them, they´re growing on me... but so complex I´m a bit intimidated.

Would you say its a "friendly" kit for a absolute beginner? which is the proper order for customizing (paneling, coating, sticking)?

Any information would be MUCH appreciated, meanwhile I´ll be here waiting and sitting on my doubts :lol:

Thanks!

I´m an absolute NOOB with model kits...but I´ve heard lots of comments in the same way, the bandai 1/72 doesn´t take a veteran skills to make it look good... so I´m considering give it a try... but I´m so scared about scratching water decals on transforming kits... and so many doubts about paneling (being a yamato fan, stickers and sharp pencils is the only customization I know)...

There´s any step by step tutorial about bandai 1/72 kits? with the good price of all them, they´re growing on me... but so complex I´m a bit intimidated.

Would you say its a "friendly" kit for a absolute beginner? which is the proper order for customizing (paneling, coating, sticking)?

Any information would be MUCH appreciated, meanwhile I´ll be here waiting and sitting on my doubts :lol:

Thanks!

Well, here are two pages that show the kits built with and without stickers. I can't read any of it, but it's a good website.

Good luck with your kit if you get one!

http://dalong.net/review/etc/mf01/mf01_p.htm

http://dalong.net/review/etc/mf02/mf02_p.htm

From years of modeling experience with Bandai kits, I'd suggest that if you're a beginner, buy a pair of the little snippers to cut parts off the trees. I use something that does that and love it. Also, no matter what your "first" kit is, I would recommend it be something you don't mind messing up. Like go buy a "stickfas" figure kit (less than $10) or something like that b/c they are cheap and you'll get a feel for using the tools. After you get the feel of using the tools, it's not hard to build pretty much any modern day bandai snap fit kit. Just follow the picture tutorials (which on Gundams have parts with #'s and letters that correspond to sprue trees of parts). It really doesn't take much effort to get familiar with how to use a hobby knife and the little snippers for cutting parts off a tree are almost foolproof. From the looks of the Macross Frontier kits, as long as you are gentle and take your time, you'll be fine.

Edited by protostar8

Thanks!

The Bandai VF-25 is relatively easy since it's pre-colored & snapfit (ie. does not require glue or painting) but it is rather involved. There are A LOT of parts and the build could confuse you or overwhelm you if you've never put a kit togther.

If you have absolutely no experience in building kits, it's best to build a little bit of kit building experience before you tackle something big like the Bandai VF-25. A couple of cheap Gundam kits should do the job of giving you some experience. Building and finishing the Gundam kits should provide you with the basic idea of how to snip parts off the trees, putting parts together, and following directions. But most importantly it'll give you some confidence.

Edited by Vifam7

those interested in the clear VF-25, it's now floating around yahoo auctions japan between 5000-7000 yen. there were also a few more left at amazon jp for 6800yen for outright purchase, and another bunch at 9000yen. shipping is only within japan though, so if you have any friends in japan, now's the time to pull for a favor.

Just thought of something I forgot to add in my last post. DON'T remove all the pieces from the trees before you begin. The parts have numbers near them on the trees, so if you remove the parts and have an "accident" where you mix the parts up, it could be a nightmare for a first time builder. I'd recommend doing what I do, which is cut only the pieces you need for each "step". The manual will be done in steps (numbered usually).

It can seem a little overwhelming, but a careful person who takes their time will be just fine. I also forgot to mention that you can usually pick up the really cheap gundam kits (they are like $5-10 with little articulation, basically for absolute beginners) and work on one of those first to learn how to cut off parts or sand down the area that you cut. For a few extra bucks, I think one of those might be an invaluable purchase...

Kind of took a shot of my Alto after a slight modification of the hip joint a bit ghetto of what Kyekye is doing to his...it's not bad though.

Also a shot of my Ozma with Alto and you can see the HUGE gap on Ozma's hip placement.

post-600-1233092501_thumb.jpg

post-600-1233092536_thumb.jpg