Official Bandai 1/72 Scale Macross Frontier Model Kit Thread Ver.2

Graham

It did not adhere very well in general, when carefully rubbing the excess it was apparent that it did not fill the panel lines evenly, it filled in whatever inperfections were in the plastic better than the actual panel lines, and on some randomly select pieces of plastic it stained the white to gray. I tried to completely wash off those gray pieces but they were toroughly stained by it. And after all that it just did not look very good.

That was when I decided to wash off all the weathering wash and start over with a gundam panel line marker (as listed above), which was even, smooth, easy to use, and gave a much better look overall in my opinion.

The promodeler weathering wash works good with other things and I think it is a useful product in general.

Hmm thats weird... ahh well i guess YMMV. I have to say, the modelling wash worked perfectly for me and didn't require the tedious panel lining that using a marker entailed. It is true that some areas may not panel line perfectly with the first brush, but all I have to do is dab abit of the wash onto the model and let capillary action do the rest.

Edit: Did you use the wash after you assembled the kit? the oils from your fingers may have reduced the adhesion as the wash is water based-- I just used the panel lining wash when the parts are on the sprues so no handling oils at all. That could account for the difference in results.

Edited by edwin3060

Here are some pictures from the Launch ceremony in Japan this weekend, Not sure if this old or new, but I thought it looked cool, Enjoy!! B))

The whole Skull Squad is there with Luca and his 3 ghosts! beautiful...I am probably going to buy all the kits and never finish building them! I only managed to barely finish the 1st VF-25F, but now I also want the Super pack combo, and plain Ozma has been sitting in the box for months.

Interesting how Bandai plamo did not show off anything extraordinary/unheard of during the launch ceremony in Tokyo! One would have expected a VF-27 or the Vajra kits since Yamato showed-off the big-arse SDF-1 and Bandai DX showed the amazing Quarter toy :huh:

I agree with you Regult, kinda suprised there was no sign of the VF-27 or Vagra kits. Although on one of the Otaku sites from the Show there a some SD VF-25's & a SD VF-27.... So maybe more pictures need to emerge from the show or later on we'll see something.

But I can not imagine the VF-27 won't be released soon!! B))

damn i just ordered the 1/60 vf-1a hikaru from hlj a couple of days ago. i guess it won't come with the sheryl decals. i might order the 1/55 vf-1a super max.

For those of you in Hong Kong wanting the 1/72 Alto VF-25F with Super Pack, I just saw it in the Animate on Sugar Street in Causeway Bay for HK$499.

Didn't pick it up myself. Although the kits are great, they are a lot of work, so I'm sticking with the toys from now on.

Graham

To everyone who want the Sheryl decal, click and act now!

http://www.hlj.com/hljlist2/?SaleGroup=MAC...Decal%20Present

Is a good move from HLJ to encourage the sale of old products B))

By the way, Angolz.com sells Sheryl decals at 10$us with free worldwide shipping, more options for completist collectors:

http://www.angolz.com/home/productDetails....10&catId=32

For those of you in Hong Kong wanting the 1/72 Alto VF-25F with Super Pack, I just saw it in the Animate on Sugar Street in Causeway Bay for HK$499.

Didn't pick it up myself. Although the kits are great, they are a lot of work, so I'm sticking with the toys from now on.

Graham

Dam, in HK $$$ Dollars that sounds like a really expensive model kit!!! B))

So no one checks Ngee Khiong in this thread...

VF-25G from this month's hobby magazines

Oops. I only check it when someone posts something interesting into this thread :p Mostly due to the long loading time due to the massive number of pictures. Nice to see the clear (?) eye sensor, and the sniper rifle being able to mount underneath in fighter mode unlike the DX. Time to mod a VF-25F so that it can accept both the gunpod and the sniper rifle! Are there any places selling cheap VF-25Fs now?

Its only a supposition:

All february releases includes new decals but this decals are distributed to "exclusives" shops only(for example HK market), then some shops sell it appart (ANGOLZ), other shops includes decals on every kit (HOBBYSEARCH), other makes special offers (HLJ) ...

B))

Oops. I only check it when someone posts something interesting into this thread :p Mostly due to the long loading time due to the massive number of pictures. Nice to see the clear (?) eye sensor, and the sniper rifle being able to mount underneath in fighter mode unlike the DX. Time to mod a VF-25F so that it can accept both the gunpod and the sniper rifle! Are there any places selling cheap VF-25Fs now?

I don't see the Gunpod attached in that picture. The one in Fighter with gear extended doesn't have it mounted.

I don't see the Gunpod attached in that picture. The one in Fighter with gear extended doesn't have it mounted.

There's Wally!

Edit: I have no idea why my bright red circle in MS Paint looks so dull in the picture, but that part there is certainly not part of the intake and is just the right size and shape for the muzzle of the sniper rifle when closed.

post-10385-1235508220_thumb.jpg

Edited by edwin3060

No, the real gunpod extends this far.

Isn't that just a scratchbuilt kit from one of the figure modelling magazines?

Edit: Found it. It was Hobby Japan November 2008 Issue. That picture you posted was a convert from a VF-25F Messiah and is not the actual model kit itself. So all the things like the Ranka figure, Soundbooster pod wings, and the sniper rifle are scratchbuilt and not representative of their actual size.

post-10385-1235510098_thumb.jpg

post-10385-1235510119_thumb.jpg

post-10385-1235510142_thumb.jpg

Edited by edwin3060

Yeah, it is. Still the part you circled is just the upper intake that sticks out.

Yea after looking at my own 1/72 Ozma, I guess you're right. Still, I hope the sniper rifle is attachable though, seeing as to how the actual rifle seems about the same size as the scratchbuilt one and the scratchbuilt one seems to attach just fine.

As soon as somebody gets the VF-25F with Super pack can you please post a large hi-res scan of the spec section of the manual, so our trusty translators can get working on translating the super Pack specs.

Thanks in advance,

Graham