Official Bandai 1/72 Scale Macross Frontier Model Kit Thread Ver.2

Graham

dude, ur battroid mode is seriously mistransformed:

as already mentioned earlier:

1. the chest ( yeah u said u know, but u really need to fold it further down and it will hold reasonably well)

2. leg fins not folded back

3. ankles not extended

and

4. --> the hip bar isnt swung down

:)

New images of the super pack set.

It's mentioned in the fifth attached pic that it will be possible to do all the variant colors for the super pack. Not sure if that means the set comes with plastic parts cast in all the appropriate colors (and you choose which color variant you want to build) or if there will just be decals in the 4 trim colors. Note the opening micro missile hatch in image 3.

***The super pack will be available stand alone for 2,000yen or as a bundled set with the VF-25F kit for 6,500yen. March release for both.***

post-7036-1231325747_thumb.jpg

post-7036-1231325760_thumb.jpg

post-7036-1231325768_thumb.jpg

post-7036-1231325790_thumb.jpg

post-7036-1231325797_thumb.jpg

Edited by IXTL

uhhh nice, I was just about to place and order for the VF-25 alto and ozma, but I guess I'll wait for the bundle pack...

I wonder if some weight might be needed to be added to the legs? the back pack could make it go back heavy and could fall, considering there's a stand holding the model in place from the back?? hmmmmmmm.....nahhh

Edited by Valkyrie addict

I wonder if some weight might be needed to be added to the legs? the back pack could make it go back heavy and could fall, considering there's a stand holding the model in place from the back??

That's what the S.M.S. action base display stand is for. ^_^

3176673056_685c6022bc_m.jpg

Feb release, 840yen btw.

Edited by IXTL

New images of the super pack set.

It's mentioned in the fifth attached pic that it will be possible to do all the variant colors for the super pack. Not sure if that means the set comes with plastic parts cast in all the appropriate colors (and you choose which color variant you want to build) or if there will just be decals in the 4 trim colors. Note the opening micro missile hatch in image 3.

***The super pack will be available stand alone for 2,000yen or as a bundled set with the VF-25F kit for 6,500yen. March release for both.***

These pictures confuse me, this won't be entirely unpainted right? I assume the unpainted pictures are prototype pics and in package will look more like the first pic (expect without panel lining and sticker/decals of course).

These pictures confuse me, this won't be entirely unpainted right? I assume the unpainted pictures are prototype pics and in package will look more like the first pic (expect without panel lining and sticker/decals of course).

Just looking at the color clearly shows that those are resin prototypes. Heck, even at the bottom of the photos, it says these are protoypes. I'm sure the offical release will come pre-colored.

Edited by Vifam7

It amazes me how great Battroid looks now with armor. Looking at my kits they almost look anorexic and frail, but the armor really seems to beef them up nicely.

Just thinking, for that much money, the fast pack set might contain enough extra parts to avoid any coloring issues. Like a set for each valk. If not, then it's very expensive for the amount of parts I see.

Well, the last pic seems to state that seals (i.e. pla-speak for stickers) will be provided for each of the 4 colors, though I can't tell cos the characters are too fuzzy to make out well.

cool. they look like add-on parts and not swappable parts. that will be good.

I wonder about the crotch piece though. It does look like a swappable part rather than a add-on.

But yeah i'm so glad that these will be sold seperately! Looks way better than the DX!

Well, the last pic seems to state that seals (i.e. pla-speak for stickers) will be provided for each of the 4 colors, though I can't tell cos the characters are too fuzzy to make out well.

Ah, didn't know that. I guess that works, but I think that's a shitty way for them to handle this with the kit costing $20. I can't believe they aren't even offering a small discount on the VF-25+Armor set.

Edit: I also just noticed that the "colored" battroid picture has a stand/prop behind it to keep it from falling over, so I guess the armor makes it too heavy to stand straight up.

Edited by protostar8

I wonder about the crotch piece though. It does look like a swappable part rather than a add-on.

But yeah i'm so glad that these will be sold seperately! Looks way better than the DX!

It is probably either swappable, or something that you have to put on/take off everytime you transform into/out of battroid mode, because of the tight fit of the pieces (the fuselage, the crotch piece and the arms) in fighter mode. I'm looking at my model kits now and I don't see how it could stay in place during transformation. The hip guns will probably be another swappable part, just like on the DX. Nice to know that the missile hatches can be opened to reveal the missiles though!

Edited by edwin3060

Hi guys!

After all, sorry for my bad english, i´m a plamo lover from Spain, and last week i received my firts Macross Kit, an VF-25s Skull Leader.

Its awesome!!! I´m in love with it :lol:

I´m a SaintSeiya fan too, and checking prices for toys over online stores i found that in YesAsia.com we have all of new Pre-orders available

New SMS stands, Alto+Superpacks, Superpacks alone, Dx too:

http://www.yesasia.com/global/search-toys/...p;vn=33&l=1

Prices ... Well, are not the best, but the delivery is free, and occasionally get good deals.

I hope this information will be helpful

Edited by alfye

the next VF-25 I get after this Ozma will be done in my own color scheme, and I plan on using some of the materials I read here like the color visors and what not to make it look really special.

Be really nice if I could put custom stickers on it like an Apollo squadron sticker or decal or whatever.

Hi Guys,

Silly question... How do you transform Ozma's Valk? I'm assembling the 1S and I'm having trouble with the head. Can't seem to tuck it under in jet mode. Actually I can but with some force but it eventually pops out the jaws seems to be in the way. Maybe I assembled it wrong :wacko:

Silly question... How do you transform Ozma's Valk? I'm assembling the 1S and I'm having trouble with the head. Can't seem to tuck it under in jet mode. Actually I can but with some force but it eventually pops out the jaws seems to be in the way. Maybe I assembled it wrong :wacko:

Did you follow the instruction booklet?

I've painted my visor green with Photoshop.

I thought about air and hand brushing, which I love. But it take time to prepare everything. And the job is little bit dirty and noisy. Colouring the visor with Photoshop is good. It looks more transparent. Some days or years later, I'll eventually paint it.

I've painted my visor green with Photoshop.

I thought about air and hand brushing, which I love. But it take time to prepare everything. And the job is little bit dirty and noisy. Colouring the visor with Photoshop is good. It looks more transparent. Some days or years later, I'll eventually paint it.

With small parts you can just use a permanent marker. Saves on alot of the trouble!

Well the super pack parts are up for pre order on HLJ but they are on order stop already! This makes me sad.

I just noticed that too! I am pissed! I have been checking every day to make sure I did not miss the preorder!!!! Damnit! Does anyone know anywhere else that has these available for preorder?

OK, I found it still available Here at Yesasia.com http://www.yesasia.com/us/macross-frontier...-0-en/info.html

I have never shopped with them before but have just placed my preorder for a total of $44.68 shipped. It was a bit steep indeed but I think still worth it. Of course that is almost as much as the kit itself! Blast!