Official Bandai 1/72 Scale Macross Frontier Model Kit Thread Ver.2

Graham

I am still putting together the structures and buildings. The street layout will be finalized after the buildings are finished.

Ranka (1/72 scale) will be part of the set. I will probably add some battle damage to the VF-25 a little later. There are actually a lot of details to this diorama so it will be close to what was seen in Episode One.

Cool, I am waiting with anticipation...

so much talk about the superpack, dioramas and preordering have made me reconsider buying a second VF-25F Alto (mine has 90% decal damage that looks more like weathering now)...the kit is still widely available in hobby shops around Hong Kong and sometimes at HK$299, it's around Y 3,500 only! But I still have Ozma waiting in the box.

Edited by regult

There's two different neck pieces? Wait why on earth would there be two of them? So does one of them actually lock into something in battloid mode?

No it doesn't, but if you used the correct neck piece, your VF-25S should look like it has a normal neck, instead of looking like the DX.

Sure you used the right neck piece when you built it? I think 2 out of 3 VF-25*S* problems here have been related to that.

I thought I once had this problem but I have since decided it is fine and I was just looking at a bad angle at first (the neck might not have been fully extended correctly when I first transformed it also). As for using the right neck piece, well there are two collar pieces which to this day I am still curious about but I used the one that the instructions said to use so I should have the right one anyway. None the less it looks fine for me now.

There's two different neck pieces? Wait why on earth would there be two of them? So does one of them actually lock into something in battloid mode?

...well there are two collar pieces which to this day I am still curious about...

The answer is simple really. One neck piece is for Alto, the other is for Ozma. The Ozma neck piece seems like a last minute addition to the runner. Perhaps they initially thought Ozma could use the same neck piece, but it apparently needs a little more space. Creating molds is very expensive that is why they try to reuse runners as much as they can (that is also why they release numerous color variations).

Darn so I was right the neck just rests into position and not tab into something. In a way that kind of disappoints me as there is a hole right where the neck rests on, but no tab or peg to push it into. This doesn't bother me too much as this kit is just for display and minor handling/ posing, but still it would of made battloid even more solid.

Darn so I was right the neck just rests into position and not tab into something. In a way that kind of disappoints me as there is a hole right where the neck rests on, but no tab or peg to push it into. This doesn't bother me too much as this kit is just for display and minor handling/ posing, but still it would of made battloid even more solid.

Yep.. the sad thing is that the neck for the DX also just rests there even though its supposed to be a 'playable' toy, unlike the model kit which is meant for display.

Ummm... where did you read that HLJ will replace lost SAL orders? As far as I remember, in their shipping FAQ it's stated that they are not held responsible for lost items if you don't select to use EMS as your shipping method.

Regarding rainbow ten, I am in Mexico, which has quite the reputation when it comes to lost items, and I haven't had to deal with any lost packages from rainbow ten yet, however, that's well beyond their control.

Packaging wise, they are discreet, and they also pack everything nicely, trying to use the space as best as possible without compromising the safety of your items. Yes, they use newspaper as padding, but hey, it's japanese newspapers! You don't get those often here in the Americas. I think of it as an added value, haha.

http://www.hlj.com/faq/q16.html

I could be overlooking it, but I don't see where the policy says SAL isn't covered. They mention that SAL isn't trackable in places, but again, I don't see where they say SAL is an "at your own risk" type of thing.

http://www.hlj.com/faq/q16.html

I could be overlooking it, but I don't see where the policy says SAL isn't covered. They mention that SAL isn't trackable in places, but again, I don't see where they say SAL is an "at your own risk" type of thing.

They do have these disclaimers at the bottom portion of the FAQ:

If all of these steps fail to turn up your package, then please send us e-mail at trouble@hlj.com and we'll work out a solution for you.

Please Note : The Japanese post office can investigate missing packages for up to six months after an order has shipped. If the recommended time has elapsed and you still have not received your package, please contact us as soon as possible. If you fail to contact us within six months from the day your order was shipped, we regret that it will be impossible for us to assist you.

Seems to be saying that they will try, but will not guarantee, recovery of lost packages for SAL shipment. And this sort of jives with RainbowTen's FAQ, particularly about shipping types and descriptions:

7. What if my order is missing!?

A: We regret that even though the service of the postal agencies has shown a great improvement, there is still some non-delivery occured in our long business carrier, especially in SAL SP. As we have mentioned earlier in this section, SAL SP & AIR SP & SURFACE SP are not insured, treated just like a letter. If you go & ask the post man if your letter is trackable, the answer should be definitely "No". Therefore, if the shipment goes missing, we have no way to track the package if it was shipped by SAL/AIR/SURFACE SP. These deliveries also do not require reception signature of the recipient so that we also have no way to know if the shipment is received by a due recipient or a wong recipient. Due to all those reason, we are unable to guarantee the SAL/AIR/SURFACE SP. We would recognize the customer's selection of either of the SP delivery as a full responsibility of customer in case of missing. In spite of these terms & conditions, more than 60% of our existing customers are regularly using SP delivery and successfully receive the package without problem. EMS has no non-delivery in our past 10years business carrier. SAL/AIR/SURFACE P (big size delivery) can be insured with extra pay, however, those delivery costs more if insurance is attached compared with EMS that covers upto 20,000yen value insurance without any extra pay.

Note the phrases in italics, very good points to consider when picking the type of shipping. :) For those who are interested, click here for the link to the full RainbowTen FAQ Page.

Oooh! Any idea how those outside of Japan can get ahold of this?

I think, like HLJ, Renbowten, and so on, will take these two model kits.

These kits are not limited edition, and this japanese online toy store always takes pre-order earlier than orther toy store.

I think, like HLJ, Renbowten, and so on, will take these two model kits.

These kits are not limited edition, and this japanese online toy store always takes pre-order earlier than orther toy store.

Oh are they not limited edition? But so far nothing on HLJ or Rainbowten, and all the other February releases (Luca, SMS base, super packs) are already out?

Those local only Japanese stores have really great price - 30% off model and 20% off Yamato...

It appears that store are already treat the Sheryl decal versions as a separate product. We will have to wait and see if HLJ and others will do the same thing, otherwise there is a chance that you will get old stock if you order in Feb or later. It is likely that the box will have a sticker indicating the bonus item, but otherwise have the same bar code as the regular version.

Personally I was hopping the 6500yen faskpack included version will have this decal but now it probably will not have it.

Oh are they not limited edition? But so far nothing on HLJ or Rainbowten, and all the other February releases (Luca, SMS base, super packs) are already out?

On Amiami website.

It says those two kits are Feburary re-issue, not new products.

The only different is original model kit + Sheryl decal.

I also check other JP toy stores, only Amiami has these items.

Because it is Saturday in JP, most online toy stores will not update during weekend.

I recommend check website next week.

That is going to require a lot of softner to get these decals right, especially on the tips of the wing gloves (those pointy things) and on the top part of the calves. Also the Sheryl decal on the chest will be upside down in battroid mode if you do it this way.

post-6333-1232153475_thumb.jpg

Edited by SDF-ONE

For reference

On February

1/72 VF-25F Alto custom with Sheryl decal

http://www.amiami.com/shop/ProductInfo/product_id/113577

1/72 VF-25S Ozma custom with Sheryl decal

http://www.amiami.com/shop/ProductInfo/product_id/113578

wow, I think I've got reason to buy the ozma now, (I've already got 2 alto kits waiting to be built)

i ordered 5 sets of the super parts from hlj. 1 to keep in box and 1 for each vf-25. missed the early bird discount though. was there even one?

That is going to require a lot of softner to get these decals right, especially on the tips of the wing gloves (those pointy things) and on the top part of the calves. Also the Sheryl decal on the chest will be upside down in battroid mode if you do it this way.

You could always put the sheryl nome decal on the other way round!

Edited by edwin3060

i ordered 5 sets of the super parts from hlj. 1 to keep in box and 1 for each vf-25. missed the early bird discount though. was there even one?

I don't think so. From what I gathered (and saw), the items went from "order stop" to "pre-order" at regular price. HLJ has been AWEFUL about Early Bird pricing on some items.

cool diarama

woa!! what is that ninja gaiden figure and where can I get one!! :o

Thanks!

That Ozma figurine is my first attempt, for the ponytail and hair I used pieces of tobbaco , but the camera does not allow me to make better photos. Now, I'm working on another figurine that is more stylized and other position, and with better finishing paint.

And Ryu´s figure is the latest addition to NECA "Player Select Collection", super-articulated and larger than expected :ph34r:

EDIT: MechTech only one more Bandai 1/72 can fit in my future Frontier Street, maybe 2 more... My biggest problem is the Space to place, if I could, the corner would be the entire wall ;) thanks for your words mate

Edited by alfye

Working on Alto's right now. ^_^

Is it better to put on the decals before or after the kit is finished?

Also, how did you get the decals out from the sheet? (it's the blue sheet right?=P) I tried peeling them from the sheet, but they just won't come off >_<