Official Bandai 1/72 Scale Macross Frontier Model Kit Thread Ver.2

Graham

I already bought two VF-25Ss. Now I want that Full Armor Pack. That way, I'll have one with Full armor, the other plain. I just hope that Full Armor come seperate like the Super Pack.

That armored looks amazing. I'm a bit disapointed with all the part swapping that the super parts will require, guess i'll have to buy a 2nd VF-25F to assemble them and when the Armored Ozma comes out i'll get the bundle pack.

Nice detail on the damaged VF-25 from episode 2, i only noticed this yesterday (and i've watched that chase scene several times) but the area behind the cockpit (the batroid head piece) was white in Gilliams VF-25. Guess Alto kept the same overall color scheme but had the black and red motif painted in that section to make it different from Gilliams. Kudos for Mr. Nishibayashi. A great model depends on those small details and he nailed it. :D

wow....the part swapping looks kinda dangerous. I'm afraid to take it apart in fear of damaging paint and details.

My thoughts exactly. That's why, after i have the full squadron and my budget back up, i'll buy another VF-25F. Maybe i'll just assemble the super pack i have on the way and display it as a standalone piece and just get the bundle pack, just for the new box art. As for the VF-25S i'll keep it unassembled until the armored pack is out... or until i freak out and just assemble it... whatever comes first. I always liked it a lot better with the armored pack any way.

Bottom line is, these will have to be displayed with or without the packs, part swaping is TOO dangerous for any already assembled VF.

Thats right :(

right now i already have an ozma and alto assembled,

plus an extra ozma kit yet to be... "i'll keep it unassembled until the armored pack is out... or until i freak out and just assemble it... whatever comes first"

i'll keep my present alto un-superparted,

if needed i will buy the alto bundle,

but i wont super part my completed alto... for sure

As long as you haven't decaled or painted your valk yet it should come apart quite readily. Of course some delicate application of force is necessary but the leg fairing and shoulder pieces should come off easily. Most problematic area probably is the intake.

Though yeah, I sure as hell won't take apart my decaled and painted VF-25S. The decals are already in bad enough shape as is.

Ultimately, it is a model kit, not a toy--- the ability to transform into all three modes and parts-swap the super packs are kind of gimmicks, the thing is meant to be built and posed and left as it is.

AMEN bro!

So my Super parts arrived yesterday and I think I am in over my head.

Now I can figure out the instructions for building the model okay, but the instructions for the super parts has my completely confused.

Has any kind soul scanned in the manual and translated or anything like that to help out those who aare not very skilled model makers, such as myself.

I have not started on my Alto because I had to order some more supplies, then I heard that in order to put the super parts on you needed to have an unbuilt model so I am glad I did. Which also brings up another point, has there been mention of a release date, or preorders being taken for Ozma's Armor packs? I am trying to put my models together as close to the anime as I can.

Any help would be great guys. You do awesome work.

Edited by Cowpeeler

Superparts REVIEW for 1/72 VF-25´s:

http://honestlywhatevergoes.wordpress.com/...r-vf-25-review/

Good review. Thanks.

So my Super parts arrived yesterday and I think I am in over my head.

Now I can figure out the instructions for building the model okay, but the instructions for the super parts has my completely confused.

Has any kind soul scanned in the manual and translated or anything like that to help out those who aare not very skilled model makers, such as myself.

I have not started on my Alto because I had to order some more supplies, then I heard that in order to put the super parts on you needed to have an unbuilt model so I am glad I did. Which also brings up another point, has there been mention of a release date, or preorders being taken for Ozma's Armor packs? I am trying to put my models together as close to the anime as I can.

Any help would be great guys. You do awesome work.

Yikes! Mine should be arriving soon as well. I hope that I will be able to figure out how to build it. But like you say, it would be great if someone translated the instructions for us. Anyone?

Great review, and it's glad to see the pics! The back of the legs should really be higher in fighter mode though-- Else the model kit would end up looking like the DX toy! It also looks like the bottom of the wing glove needed to be replaced to accomodate the bulge of the leg Super parts, so why would the legs still hang so low? Finally, the weight of the Super pack pods should weigh the wings down and solve the dihedral problem I guess? I'm really loving the thrusters moulded in bronze!

Are the instructions that hard? I'm sure the VF-25 assembly would be harder than assembling the super parts? Also, anybody with the VF-25F Super pack bundle? Is the instruction manual different or do they just give the normal VF-25F manual and the Super parts manual? It would really suck in that case.

Edited by edwin3060

the Manuals are tedious as hell!

They has "common steps" for all VF-25´s and "unique steps" for each VF, so we must walk with care.

Also, They has a lot of japanese characters.

Then, each Superparts Manual steps cites another step belonging to the Single VF Manual

Check this link http://www.1999.co.jp/10082660 and visit any pic, then you will see the package and manuals, i already learned it :blink:

Edited by alfye

I just received my order from Rainbowten-- Super VF-25F, RVF-25 and 4 SMS action bases. I'm pissed that they didn't mould the canopy for the RVF-25 in the correct color when they were so clearly able to! I'm faced with a difficult choice now... should I build Luca first, or Super Alto?

Edited by edwin3060

I just received my order from Rainbowten-- Super VF-25F, RVF-25 and 4 SMS action bases.

Do you get any Sheryl decal? I am somewhat disappointed that my Super VF-25F from HWjapan don't come with it. At least the other order from from HLJ will.

Do you get any Sheryl decal? I am somewhat disappointed that my Super VF-25F from HWjapan don't come with it. At least the other order from from HLJ will.

Nope no sheryl decal... oh well. Yep I've got a VF-25F coming in from HLJ as well which will be my Sheryl VF ;)

One massive downer for the casual builder for the RVF-25---- the ghosts only come with the decal sheet, not a sticker sheet!! Which seems to be a pretty cheap thing to do, considering that they already provided a special base for the ghost and an addition stand to latch onto the SMS action base.

The Super VF-25F boxart has Brera's VF-27. I hope they release a VF-27 kit soon! I would be on that like white on rice or stink on cheese :p

Edited by edwin3060

Hmm, I think decaling in its purest form is easier than stickers.

After all the only difference is that you cut it out first, put it in water and only then apply it.

The major advantage is that you can actually move it around until it's in the perfect place until it dries.

Major disadvantage is it's worse durability.

Hmm, I think decaling in its purest form is easier than stickers.

After all the only difference is that you cut it out first, put it in water and only then apply it.

The major advantage is that you can actually move it around until it's in the perfect place until it dries.

Major disadvantage is it's worse durability.

I guess-- I've had better luck with stickers though :p I remember my first decalling experience--totally screwed up a Nimitz carrier. :(

Yeah, those very long and thin carrier deck markings can bundle or rip quite easily.

A sticker that long and thin would probably start to peel after a week.

Yea! And I guess I probably soaked it in water a little too long too-- the decals started to tear and fall apart. Oh well. Stickers just seem less fussy to me, I don't have much problem aligning them.

Nope no sheryl decal... oh well. Yep I've got a VF-25F coming in from HLJ as well which will be my Sheryl VF ;)

One massive downer for the casual builder for the RVF-25---- the ghosts only come with the decal sheet, not a sticker sheet!! Which seems to be a pretty cheap thing to do, considering that they already provided a special base for the ghost and an addition stand to latch onto the SMS action base.

The Super VF-25F boxart has Brera's VF-27. I hope they release a VF-27 kit soon! I would be on that like white on rice or stink on cheese :p

i think the vf-27 is different to vf-25 hips joints and if they apply the same style from vf-25 well ,that would be fail for me,i hope they will make a better and movable hips just like infinite justice,are you agree guys?

I just finished building my Ozma VF-25.

The hardest part of the kit was getting everything to align properly in fighter mode. Well, mostly aligned, I should say. I think I have more gaps in that thing than a parked SR-71!