weathered hikaru VF-1J?

Vegas

wtf?!!!! So this is how its going to be yamato? I'm seriously considering on perhaps just stop purchasing anymore valks after this crap yamato is doing. Let me guess another mail order/limited ed./jpn residence only/over huge market price slap on/let me milk my old molds/hard to get to jerk our loyal customer balls bullcrap valk. I seriously don't know anymore.

wtf?!!!! So this is how its going to be yamato? I'm seriously considering on perhaps just stop purchasing anymore valks after this crap yamato is doing. Let me guess another mail order/limited ed./jpn residence only/over huge market price slap on/let me milk my old molds/hard to get to jerk our loyal customer balls bullcrap valk. I seriously don't know anymore.

This is some fraggle-nackle-bull!!!

:angry:

OO

It is a bunch of $hit if this is just another exclusive....I won't stop buying the v.2 1/60s because of this...but I will NOT be buying exclusives.

:ph34r:

More about it here.

Looks like this is not an exclusive it was only displayed to promote the hobby shop that painted it called metal-box on the second day of the event since I didn't see it on Saturday. The sign in front doesn't say Weathering.

Yamato did tell Over-Drive a few month back that they were thinking of a VF-1J Weathering but that it was just an idea.

Edited by Save

Yamato did tell Over-Drive a few month back that they were thinking of a VF-1J Weathering but that it was just an idea.

These are ideas they need to stop having. <_<

so this is what they call the "end" of 1/48 eh

first there was focker weathering special

then the chronicle magazine hikaru 1S weathering

now the hikaru 1J weathering

what's next?

M&M weathering special?

cannon fodder weathering special?

max 1A weathering special?

kakizaki weathering special?

GBP weathering special?

woodland weathering special?

stealth 1J weathering special?

the list goes on till they do weathering special on ALL the 1/48 that were made for the past few years.

macross zero weathering special?

macross plus weathering special?

and eventually 5years later, 30th anniversary 1S and yf19 weathering special

by that time we should be able to see 1/60 weathering special?

the cycle never ends.... :D

ok Yamato, what hoops do people have to go through to get this one?

I didn't bother trying to get the 1S weathered, 1A Max, I did pick up an original Low-Vis in Toronto for Godzilla, but those weren't super secret limited editions. I'm not even going to try, they should just release these in lower qty's and make more if they need it if they really need the influx of cash from mold milking.

hmmm....maybe if Yamato does start making all this exclusive or decide to make a limited like the low vis and given the popularity of the new 1/60, the regular 1/48 price could come down a little and the people with modelling abilities could get this cheaper and weather them themself...

*evil grin*

More about it here.

Looks like this is not an exclusive it was only displayed to promote the hobby shop that painted it called metal-box on the second day of the event since I didn't see it on Saturday. The sign in front doesn't say Weathering.

Simmer everyone, Save says there's no indication this is more than a custom.

When we see a weathered VF-1J at a toy convention, even sitting next to the exclusive TV Max VF-1A, naturally most of us will get worked up that its gonna be another exclusive!

Edited by Javabean

So basically.... If people think Yamato's gonna release a limited weathered edition valkyrie, that pisses them off? And if it is later revealed that said weathered valkyrie is not even gonna be released and is a one-of-a-kind custom, then people are happy?

I don't get it. People don't like limited items, yes, but what is more limited: one, or a few hundred?

Just look at all the blind rage in just two pages of this topic, it's insane.

Renato, its simple really... Reason #1 to be pissed at limited version vs custom made by a fan: There are alot of completest, that want all the 1/48th, and they got screwed with these limited to japan with coupon shenanigans, which thus they may never be able to get: yes, its a slap in the face when you cant have it just cause you dont live in japan. Other reasons, basically same, even if you are not completist, you want these new schemes, well guess what, if you are not living in japan, tough luck... slap in the face!!!!

Renato, its simple really... Reason #1 to be pissed at limited version vs custom made by a fan: There are alot of completest, that want all the 1/48th, and they got screwed with these limited to japan with coupon shenanigans, which thus they may never be able to get: yes, its a slap in the face when you cant have it just cause you dont live in japan. Other reasons, basically same, even if you are not completist, you want these new schemes, well guess what, if you are not living in japan, tough luck... slap in the face!!!!

I do agree with being pissed if it were an exclusive (thankfully it is not) but as another member on here from Japan told me once...

"it's not too difficult to get items from Japan now days"

maybe those were not the EXACT words....but damn close.

I'm only kinda pissed that the Max TV 1A is kinda hard to get. Sure I'm getting one, but I would have liked to order it from a store at any time I would have liked or have the money for 2. I don't really care about the weahered versions. At first I was pretty pissed because I thought it was all tampo printings, but when I learned it was decals I changed my mind about wanting them so bad. I really wanted tampo printed 1/48s. But the 1/60s will do.

I don't mind exclusives, if they were on a level playing field. Right now due to distribution rights outside Japan they are not, and I couldn't give a stuff for a weathered Roy or Hikaru. The real exception is the Low Viz, now with weathering and that all new colour scheme, THAT is cool. So is this Max 1A, but there's no way I can compete with others this late in time for the 4 I want to complete my collection with.

Agree... somehow, a badly charred Hikaru VF-1J just seems "right." Now we just need a custom 1/48 Britai to kick it's ass... and a 1-off Kakizaki VF-1A to stand there doing nothing :p

Shouldn't a Kakizaki -1A (DYRL or SDF:M) just stand there and be blown or burned up?

The custom -1J in this thread looks great. 2 things would have set it supremely ahead:

1) TV style hands

2) Using regular 3 missile clusters instead of the DYRL missile pods. They didn't use those pods in SDF:M

Ok, I'm done nitpicking ^_^

....Nothing but get his ass kicked thoroughly by Breetai in slow motion! GOD THAT EPISODE RULED!

No... Breetai ruled! Without him, there would have been no valk-a**-kicking, valk-head-smashing, and valk-chest-fatality going on.

Pay your respects to where respect's due! :ph34r:

The weathered VF-1J looks great, but maybe a little over weathered. However, Yamato should consider a weathered 1/60 line as well. Their business plan is probably do more limited editions for the 1/48 line before phasing them out. Then the special edition 1/60 line come into play. Hopefully that means a weathered 1/60 destroid line as well. :lol: