Playstation 3 Thread Round 3

Gaijin

Damn you guys with your malware & viruses sites! But seriously, I'd gladly pay sony for some kind of download that would legitimately let me play my legally purchased import PS1 & 2 games.

Edited by Keith

What's this malware stuff? I can't hear you over how awesome my Opera is. :)

There isa ps2 emulator out there based off the pscx project that I hear does pretty decent. Been meaning to try it just haven't set down and done it. I've only today got around to trying out Windows 7.

Not sure if anyone is aware of this but you can now view Hulu video with the PS3. Not sure how long this has been taking place. I remember not being able to.

Does anyone find MGO Survior modes not that very balanced? I join a team our levels are 7-9 we get paired against one that is 14-16.

I'd like survival better if they removed level raising/falling for those matches. Nothing better than falling in against those ringers, and losing 2 levels before you realized what happened.

dumbass of the day

"We are also hearing continued speculation that Sony is working on a non-Blu-ray PS3 console, which could enable them to make the aforementioned hardware price reduction.

http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/ps3-...e-of-days-janco

ya the current games wouldn't work...please

talk of price cut in the next couple of days...rumors of course.

Edited by bandit29

dumbass of the day

http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/ps3-...e-of-days-janco

ya the current games wouldn't work...please

talk of price cut in the next couple of days...rumors of course.

so is this gonna be for the 160gb version or the 80gb version? According to these guys:

http://videogames.yahoo.com/feature/ps3-wi...redicts/1279759

they are predicting that it might only be the 80gb that get's the lower price tag. Oh well doesn't matter now since I bought my 160gb one already. ^_^

hmm... $299? really tempting.

I've been seeing nothing but Killzone 2 ads for the last week, and now I desperately want one. I played the first game back on the PS2 and really liked it, and the new one just looks awesome. I've already got a 360 though, and I've got a lot of Macross related stuff to save for...

Video games and blu-ray, or Macross goods? :unsure:

not good at decision making. :( help!

I've been seeing nothing but Killzone 2 ads for the last week, and now I desperately want one. I played the first game back on the PS2 and really liked it, and the new one just looks awesome. I've already got a 360 though, and I've got a lot of Macross related stuff to save for...

yessssssssssssss. spend SPEND GOOD CONSUMER!

You can find some crazy deals for movies on Blu-ray on Amazon. Scary deals..

I wouldn't fret if you didn't buy it now, the PS3 release calender in the next 12 months is pretty much "screaming" awesome, but many exclusives aren't rolling out anytime soon. And the longer you wait, the more like you'll get Killzone 2 at the Platinum Hits price.

lol isn't gonna be no non-Blu-ray version. They wouldn't be able to play 95% of the games. There are maybe 2-3 games that are both optical/download. A few dozen mediocre PSN games....

BD-ROM costs Sony maybe $30 bucks per console...

$299 is a nice price for the PS3 and I would be all over this, but the announcement of the Yamato SDF-1 and Bandai Macross Quarter pics have put any thoughts of the PS3 on the back burner for now.

...What scale!?

Yup I played KZ2 for alittle while yesterday, looks good but the story is a generic space marine vs space nazi thing. The controls have an odd feel about em that I love, I suppose to give the feeling of weight.

So I'm a little wired tonight, and figured I'd try to wind down a bit by playing a console game for a change (I've been really into PC lately). It's been ages since I've bought a new console game, so after some thought I decided to give WipEout HD another go. Now, I'd been stuck on Headthrash, with two points to go to unlock speed freak. I'm sure I'm not the only one who's thought that WipEout HD is hard, right?

Well, imagine my surprise to see that there was an update. I downloaded the update, WipEout restarts, and there's a note about what they changed... the difficulty! Specifically, they added two new levels of difficulty. The previous only difficulty is actually the hardist, Elite. They added Novice and Skilled modes. You don't have to restart your game, either. You can toggle the difficulty before any race by hitting square. This is great news, as far as I'm concerned. I've been a fan of the WipEout series since the original, and even the Phantom tracks in WipEout XL didn't give me as much grief as HD. In fact, I'd noticed that some of the Time Trials and Fastest Lap events were easier on the same tracks in Pulse. I'm not ashamed to admit that I'd more or less shelved the game because I was racing darn near perfect (zero collisions, just trying to find the best lines and best spots to use the turbo) and not even ranking a Bronze. I'll take it down to Skilled and get back into the game.

I wish we could get Studio Liverpool to release more content (ships, tracks, etc) for it, though. Pure had a ton of content free content, and Pulse had a good bit of premium content, if I'm not mistaken. I'd love to see them bring back all the missing teams and some tracks from the older WipEout games. And yes, Sony, if you're reading this, I would pay money for it. So get to it already!

Edited by mikeszekely

Or try PS3 Media Server (I was using TVersity before, but this is much better!)

http://code.google.com/p/ps3mediaserver/

Even supports folder.jpg and video file coverart. Plus it plays way more different formats.

im going to try this, im not satisfied with tversity. i get alot of connection error and corrupt data messages

Will the quality of the video be the same as if it's playing on the computer? How exactly does it work? Do I d/l to my computer and it'll connect to the PS3 via the internet?

quality will be the same, but take note small rez videos will not look good on big tv screens (e.g. "17 to "52). youll see some pixelation.

Edited by Vegas

Its rock solid stable - no loss connections at all (I do have a wired Ethernet connection to the router though). Best part is that its able to stream DTS and DD 5.1 to the PS3 which was previously downmixed to Dolby Surround. I have it streaming 1080p MKV files with DTS 5.1 to my 100" screen in the basement being projected by a Panasonic PT-AE2000 (1080p) projector and the picture quality is almost indistinguishable from blu-ray!

• 2 weeks later...

Ninja Gaiden II Sigma headed to the PS3 this fall

The game will have PSN support as well as new content.

In Ninja Gaiden Σ, it was possible to play as voluptuous character Rachel for some of the missions. In Ninja Gaiden Σ it will be possible to play Dead or Alive's Ninjutsu expert Ayane as well as Ninja Gaiden's Ryu Hayabusa — which makes sense as Hayabusa and Ayane are friends.

http://kotaku.com/5171282/xbox-360-exclusi...i-coming-to-ps3

The first one was okay but nothin great. How is this one on the 360?

Edited by bandit29

What's up with the price drop? In your expert opinions, will there be one soon? Should I just bite the bullet and buy one now? I'm really itchin to play Valkyria Chronicles and Disgaea 3.

In my opinion, as someone who worked at Gamestop for 4 years, yeah, they kind of do need to do a price drop to stay competitive. As far as the when goes, I'd say no sooner than E3, which will be at the beginning of June, and no later than when God of War 3 drops. Best guess? Holiday 2009.

New Gundam Game coming to PS3.

I only have two questions:

1.) Is it going to suck like Crossfire did?

2.) Why don't they just make a PS3 Gundam Battle game? Gundam Battle Universe is probably the best Gundam game to date, even if 60% of it was Gundam Battle Chronicle again. Imagine, if you will, a Gundam Battle game with the 0079, 0083, 0088, 0089, and 0093 eras from GBU. Now add eras for 123, 133, and 153. Then, why not add separate eras for the AU Gundam series? Once you beaten everything with every faction, it'd be fun to take out the Big Zam with the Turn A, or smack around the Wing Gundam with Char's Zaku. Imagine this ultimate Gundam Battle game with graphics like only the PS3 can do.