Playstation 3 Thread Round 3

Gaijin

DLCs for Valkyria Chronicles are out!

"Yarimashita wa~"

Awesome. I picked up the game along with HAWX on Monday. Just finished CoD 4 and CoDWAW so Killzone is going on the backburner for abit. Got my FPS fix for awhile.

Art work is just like the anime haven't got to the game part yet. Prologue: Gallia, to Arms! The Imperial Attack!

Is that sale on Valkyria Chronicles still going on at Gamestop? I really could use a new game, and I've been hearing a lot about Valkyria Chronicles, but as I'm low on cash I'm thinking I might just wait for DWG2 next week. I'm really craving more of an action game anyway.

I downloaded the VC demo. I guess I just got to get around to playing. Seems I use my PS3 way more than my 360... but it seems like when I'm using my 360, it's strictly for games, but when I use my PS3, it's strictly for media.

is the game hard? i heard from a NON-gamer (my boss, the company's owner) that alot of good games aren't imported to the U.S. from Japan 'cause americans don't like hard games, they want something easy. gran turismo seems to be a good example, it's hard to find ppl who play gt compared to how many ppl play need for speed (before they tried to make a racing simulator). WoW is another good example. the game is super easy (but pvp is hard) (i've played rpg's since the 8bit days).

Depends what you mean by "hard". But based on your examples, then i would say it is hard (to me, not really), though i wonder if I should trust your boss' information that most americans don't like to think in their games and prefer arcadey schmups. :ph34r: There are alot of JRPG imported into the US and Final Fantasy is well received there so I don't think the idea that americans like simpler games is right.

is the game hard? i heard from a NON-gamer (my boss, the company's owner) that alot of good games aren't imported to the U.S. from Japan 'cause americans don't like hard games, they want something easy. gran turismo seems to be a good example, it's hard to find ppl who play gt compared to how many ppl play need for speed (before they tried to make a racing simulator). WoW is another good example. the game is super easy (but pvp is hard) (i've played rpg's since the 8bit days).

It's not that deep of a strategy. Scouts > all once you figure them out and invest in them. The game does throw alot of curve balls in to keep it fresh but it can be frustrating if you miss some details. Also when your guys miss or don't return fire quickly on the computer's turn. GT's a very popular game, I think your boss is taking old stories of why we didn't get the offical Super Mario Bros 2.

Sorry to beat a dead horse, but has anyone? ANYONE? gotten the Ace Combat flight stick and throttle to work with the PS3?

Is that sale on Valkyria Chronicles still going on at Gamestop? I really could use a new game, and I've been hearing a lot about Valkyria Chronicles, but as I'm low on cash I'm thinking I might just wait for DWG2 next week. I'm really craving more of an action game anyway.

Supposedly yes, but the kicker is trying to find it. It's already sold out online and almost in every store, who knows when they'll stock it in again... Also, you could try price-matching at Best Buy perhaps?

Sorry to beat a dead horse, but has anyone? ANYONE? gotten the Ace Combat flight stick and throttle to work with the PS3?

Was looking it up and I read that AC6's Ace Edge stick will definitely not work on the PS3. AC5's flight stick 2 should work on PS3, but only playing AC5... :\

Also, I read in a Gamefaqs thread that you can't use the flight stick 2 in HAWX, it'll only show up as an unknown device or something like that. Who knows, maybe they'll release a patch to fix this...

Edited by shiroikaze

The new Dynasty Warriors Gundam game is fun.

A bit harder this time.

Now the bad news It is dubbed only :(

Harder? I remember running around the fields looking for health a couple times in the first one, but so far DWG2 has been cake for me. How much have you played? I've just finished Official Mode with Char and Amuro. I'm thinking about trying Mission Mode later today.

I played Judeau 1st and some the missions modes. In Judeau's 2nd mission you gotta fight the Psycho Gundam. First time in the fight my level wasn't high enough. To make it worst if Puru dies the level is over.

Reviews are harsh on this game. I find it pretty fun.

I played Judeau 1st and some the missions modes. In Judeau's 2nd mission you gotta fight the Psycho Gundam. First time in the fight my level wasn't high enough. To make it worst if Puru dies the level is over.

Reviews are harsh on this game. I find it pretty fun.

Okay, yeah, that would be pretty tough. The Psyco Gundam was the hardest enemy I've fought so far, and that was probably mission 6 for Char.

Reviews for Dynasty Warriors games are always pretty bad. Hasn't stopped me from picking up both DWG games (although I sold the first one after I finsihed Original Mode with everyone), Samurai Warriors 2, Warriors Orochi 2, and Dynasty Warriors 6. Mindless hack and slash is fun sometimes, and Gundam is honestly a good fit for it. Doesn't hurt that I'm a Gundam fan, but I do wish they'd dump the Mission Mode for more Official stories.

Valkyria Chronicles DLC: Completed all 4 Selvaria missions including the covert ops one. Now on to Edy's Detachment. ;)

It was kind of annoying for me so this is my advice to ppl who's going to play the Selvaria DLC.

- In your 1st play, make sure you complete both missions with "A" rank. The 1st one is abit tough to get the A rank, so try not to use too much CPs for your grunt units. Use as much as possible for Selvaria and Johann. If you capture the main camp before 4 turns, you will get the A rank.

- 2nd mission is straight forward so you should easily get an A for it. You will unlock the Ruhm machine gun for the main story.

- In your 2nd play, you have to approach the 1st mission differently. Do not worry about getting A rank as it will be impossible. Use as much CPs as you can for your grunt units this time, and send them taking over enemy camps and ultimately defeating Damon. This will unlock a new mission after you complete the 1st one. Finally complete the level by using selvaria and Johann as u did with the 1st playthrough. Do not worry if your rank is low this time as your A rank from 1st playthrough will be kept.

- If you destroyed Damon's tank, a new mission is unlocked "Silencing the Artillery" which is not very different from the 1st playthrough's 2nd level. Make sure you get an A rank for this level.

- After your 2nd playthrough and assuming you got all A ranks for all 3 missions, a new map will be unlocked in the EXTRAs section of Selvaria's DLC. The new mission allows you to use Selvaria in Valkyria form. ;) Enjoy.

Edited by wolfx

Marvel Vs Capcom 2 demo hits PSN this Thursday.

Courtesy, the Playstation Blog:

This Thursday, April 30, PlayStation Network users will enjoy a free, exclusive MVC2 demo! No need to purchase another game, just download it straight to your PS3 and get ready for some triple tag team action (A big thank you goes out to Rommel Hernandez who helped make this exclusive demo possible).

3481456306_761079afb3.jpg

3480648165_3dcb90b1fa.jpg

Here are the details of the demo:

Two-player local matches

Six available characters – Ryu, Chun-Li, Strider, Spider-Man, Iron Man and Wolverine

Seven selectable environments

Upscaled 1080p graphics

Widescreen or 4:3 aspect ratio

Two graphic filter options for character sprites

And other cool options to check out

Make sure you visit www.tu4ar.com for the latest MVC2 news and follow us on Twitter for special promotions and prizes!

And I’ll leave you with one last, cool little video, exclusive to the PlayStation Blog. This is an alternate music version of the trailer on tu4ar.com.

Enjoy!

MVC2 Playstation Blog

Edited by Gaijin

The new Dynasty Warriors Gundam game is fun.

A bit harder this time.

Now the bad news It is dubbed only :(

Been waiting for my friend to pick this up, so we can do an 8-hour+ marathon with it.

Bites on the dub, but no big deal for me.

Valkyria Chronicles DLC: Completed all 4 Selvaria missions including the covert ops one. Now on to Edy's Detachment. ;)

Hopefully will get a network card thingee to purchase these next week. Glad they got a lot of 'meat' to the missions.

Hopefully will get a network card thingee to purchase these next week. Glad they got a lot of 'meat' to the missions.

I finished Edy Detachment and unfortunately, no unlockables and there was only 1 map. In contrast, Selvaria DLC was way more worth the money due to unlockables and extra missions. Sorely disappointed by Edy, especially when it felt that they could've squeezed one more mission into the storyline.

Thanks wmcheng for feedback. Hmmm...guess i have to think about how to pull cables from upstairs to my home theatre downstairs. Perhaps i shall just resort to those LAN over powercable adapter things.

I actually finally started using PS3MS, had trouble running earlier for some odd reason but it works fine now. If it's stuttering, why don't you pause the video for a minute or so and play it afterwards? It alleviates my stuttering problems (most of the time). Not to mention I'm also using wifi to stream all my stuff from my not-so-powerful laptop at a measely 54 mbps.

[edit] Are you trying to stream mostly 1080 stuff? Or mostly 720 and below?

Edited by shiroikaze

I actually finally started using PS3MS, had trouble running earlier for some odd reason but it works fine now. If it's stuttering, why don't you pause the video for a minute or so and play it afterwards? It alleviates my stuttering problems (most of the time). Not to mention I'm also using wifi to stream all my stuff from my not-so-powerful laptop at a measely 54 mbps.

[edit] Are you trying to stream mostly 1080 stuff? Or mostly 720 and below?

Mostly 1080 i suppose though i did try 720 and lower resolution stuff with little results.

Marvel Vs Capcom 2 demo hits PSN this Thursday.

Courtesy, the Playstation Blog:

This Thursday, April 30, PlayStation Network users will enjoy a free, exclusive MVC2 demo! No need to purchase another game, just download it straight to your PS3 and get ready for some triple tag team action (A big thank you goes out to Rommel Hernandez who helped make this exclusive demo possible).

3481456306_761079afb3.jpg

3480648165_3dcb90b1fa.jpg

Here are the details of the demo:

Two-player local matches

Six available characters – Ryu, Chun-Li, Strider, Spider-Man, Iron Man and Wolverine

Seven selectable environments

Upscaled 1080p graphics

Widescreen or 4:3 aspect ratio

Two graphic filter options for character sprites

And other cool options to check out

Make sure you visit www.tu4ar.com for the latest MVC2 news and follow us on Twitter for special promotions and prizes!

And I’ll leave you with one last, cool little video, exclusive to the PlayStation Blog. This is an alternate music version of the trailer on tu4ar.com.

Enjoy!

MVC2 Playstation Blog

Downloaded it and played it. Disappointed that the demo is multiplayer only and was MVC really just a four button game? LP, SP, LK, SK? Kind of messed me up playing the SF characters since I was expecting 6 buttons.

Downloaded it and played it. Disappointed that the demo is multiplayer only and was MVC really just a four button game? LP, SP, LK, SK? Kind of messed me up playing the SF characters since I was expecting 6 buttons.

Nothing's changed. MVC2 was always like that.

Count me in the PS3 club finally. Picked up a white 80GB one over the weekend with Valkyria Chronicles. :D

Essentially bought it to play Valkyria Chronicles. Love the art style from the anime, and been hearing good things about it. Still getting used to the pseudo-realtime combat system. Not used to the fact that if you stop moving and aren't shooting, the enemy will keep on taking potshots at you. Seems like you gotta press the 'cancel' button immediately after your shot to minimize damage.

Downloaded the KZ2 and WipeoutHD demos too. I've been a FPS gamer on the PC for a while now, using a controller instead of a mouse and keyboard is hard, almost seems impossible to precise aim/headshot!

Ironically, I've been spending more time streaming media onto my tv with the PS3 Media Server than gaming. Unexpected cool gimmick: the auto generated photo slideshow is great!

Borrowed MGS4 from my bro-in-law. Gonna pick up SF4 over the new few days. Still deliberating if I should get KZ2. Demo level was all sorts of intense / awesome though!

I hope the rumours of Ace Combat returning to the PS3 are true!

Another person buys the PS3 due to VC....lol.

I been playing Killzone 2....and i think i'm regretting picking Advanced difficulty....cause its REALLY TOUGH. As a game though i think HALO3 and Gears of War is a better game. KZ2 feels like it falls short of something that I can't quite place.

shiroikaze: i haven't been messing around much with the settings and admittedly my linksys router sucks so hardly a gauge of how well PS3MS works....but i'll get around to it eventually. I have no need for PS3MS as of yet since my PC and PS3 is using the same monitor anyway and next to each other. :lol:

Another person buys the PS3 due to VC....lol.

YES!!

I been playing Killzone 2....and i think i'm regretting picking Advanced difficulty....cause its REALLY TOUGH. As a game though i think HALO3 and Gears of War is a better game. KZ2 feels like it falls short of something that I can't quite place.

That's because Killzone 2 doesn't really stand out against the crowd other than having "holy-crap-my-eyes-just-orgasm'd" graphics. Even I feel the Resistance series sometimes have that problem too, even though I enjoyed them. I think original Killzone was alot more memorable...

shiroikaze: i haven't been messing around much with the settings and admittedly my linksys router sucks so hardly a gauge of how well PS3MS works....but i'll get around to it eventually. I have no need for PS3MS as of yet since my PC and PS3 is using the same monitor anyway and next to each other. :lol:

ahah, nice. But your Linksys router has to be so much better than my Netgear router >:(

Multiplayer works out for me since I have my brother with me to play. :) Also, original MvC was six buttons.

Edited by shiroikaze

Multiplayer works out for me since I have my brother with me to play. :) Also, original MvC was six buttons.

I think he meant MvC2 since that was what he downloaded.

Count me in the PS3 club finally. Picked up a white 80GB one over the weekend with Valkyria Chronicles. :D

Essentially bought it to play Valkyria Chronicles. Love the art style from the anime, and been hearing good things about it. Still getting used to the pseudo-realtime combat system. Not used to the fact that if you stop moving and aren't shooting, the enemy will keep on taking potshots at you. Seems like you gotta press the 'cancel' button immediately after your shot to minimize damage.

Where'd you get your PS3? I'm seriously considering joining the club too and hearing how awesome Valkyria Chronicles is, sounds like a great game to jump on board with. Getting that FFXIII demo wouldn't hurt either :lol:

I think he meant MvC2 since that was what he downloaded.

I did mean MvC2. I just commented that the original MvC had the traditional 6-button layout.

Marvel vs Capcom = weak-medium-fierce

Marvel vs Capcom 2 = weak-fierce-assist

Edited by shiroikaze

You could say I'm a new fan... I never really played it extensively back then and I didn't really like it as much as I thought I would when I got around to playing it...

Though when the demo rolled out and was playing with my brother, I feel a little better about it.

Edited by shiroikaze