Playstation 3 Thread Round 3

Gaijin

Googling around, the more I find, the more it seems the *PS3* is amazingly universal/tolerant---to the point that its internal power supply is actually a converter--if you can physically give it electricity, it'll do what it needs to do.

HDMI seems to be the best bet for connecting, it seems to "not care" about ATSC, PAL, etc.

I'd say you have good odds of being able to play games and watch Blu-Rays from a US PS3 on a euro HDTV.

Since everything is HD for PS3 there is no NTSC or Pal issues to be concerned about apart from region codes if your buying Blu ray from Europe to play on your US PS3. I'm not sure what the mains power supply in main land Europe is, but if your coming to the UK the mains power is rated at 230v-240v. I've got a US dvd player, i had to get a step down power converter for it.

How so? I've got the original box and packing materials that it was shipped to me in.

Well, it depends on how big the TV is, but the LCD panel itself doesn't have much support so if it gets laid down the screen can get damaged.

Having the original box like you is great, when you're going to have it shipped by freight make sure it gets wrapped on the pallet upright.

Well, it depends on how big the TV is, but the LCD panel itself doesn't have much support so if it gets laid down the screen can get damaged.

Having the original box like you is great, when you're going to have it shipped by freight make sure it gets wrapped on the pallet upright.

Ahhh... good information. Thanks.

Yeah, we keep the full packing for all of our electronics. It means we have to store big boxes and stuff, but its worth it when you move.

God of War III Trailer. Supposedly real time.

http://www.gamezine.co.uk/news/god-war-iii...036;1269022.htm

Dosen't really look all that different from the previous GOWs in terms of gameplay, but what really made the games fun for me was the story and the fact that the main character is so angry all the time :lol:

Dosen't really look all that different from the previous GOWs in terms of gameplay, but what really made the games fun for me was the story and the fact that the main character is so angry all the time :lol:

Why change a successful game mechanic if it works??

A written review by Joystiq.

http://www.joystiq.com/2009/02/13/joystiq-...god-of-war-iii/

You know, it might be easier to list what Kratos doesn't kill.

This is starting to read like a Chuck Norris thread. :lol:

Noone cares about the centaur? :ph34r:

what are some of the best games for the ps3 that you guys are playing that you would recommend?

Hmmm...as far as PS3 exclusives go:

I'd go with

Resistance 1 & 2

Little Big Planet

Metal Gear Solid 4

Valkyria Chronicles

Heavenly Sword

Motorstorm Pacific Rift

Ninja Gaiden Sigma

Gran Turismo 5 Prologue

Warhawk

Ratchet and Clank Future

Uncharted

Not out yet, but guaranteed to be worth playing: Killzone 2

PSN downloadable:

Super Stardust HD

Calling All Cars

Flow

Everyday Shooter

Soldner X

Flower

Pixel Junk Monsters

Ratchet and Clank: Quest for Booty

If you don't have a 360 or haven't played the multi platform ones:

Call of Duty 4

Burnout Paradise

Mirror's Edge

Grand Theft Auto IV

Assassin's Creed

Devil May Cry 4

Super SF2 HD Remix (PSN )

Soul Calibur IV

Rock Band (or 2)

Guitar Hero III (or World Tour)

Bioshock

Fallout 3

That should keep you busy for..awhile. :lol:

Hmmm...as far as PS3 exclusives go:

I'd go with

Resistance 1 & 2

Little Big Planet

Metal Gear Solid 4

Valkyria Chronicles

Heavenly Sword

Motorstorm Pacific Rift

Ninja Gaiden Sigma

Gran Turismo 5 Prologue

Warhawk

Ratchet and Clank Future

Uncharted

Not out yet, but guaranteed to be worth playing: Killzone 2

PSN downloadable:

Super Stardust HD

Calling All Cars

Flow

Everyday Shooter

Soldner X

Flower

Pixel Junk Monsters

Ratchet and Clank: Quest for Booty

If you don't have a 360 or haven't played the multi platform ones:

Call of Duty 4

Burnout Paradise

Mirror's Edge

Grand Theft Auto IV

Assassin's Creed

Devil May Cry 4

Super SF2 HD Remix (PSN )

Soul Calibur IV

Rock Band (or 2)

Guitar Hero III (or World Tour)

Bioshock

Fallout 3

That should keep you busy for..awhile. :lol:

This is a pretty solid list, although I really didn't care for the first Resistance, and can't comment on the second. I also didn't like Heavenly Sword, and you're probably better off waiting for the full version of Gran Turismo 5 than paying $40 for a glorified demo... even if the full version turns out to be a year or two (or three) off yet. Oh, and while Warhawk is really good for playing with people online, if you're looking for a single player experience look elsewhere.

But far be it for me to harsh on Gaijin's list without suggesting some games of my own that I really like! For me, those additions would be:

WipEout HD

Mega Man 9

Castlevania: Symphony of the Night

F.E.A.R.

F.E.A.R. 2

Fight Night Round 3

Tiger Woods PGA Tour whatever the heck year you want. Most recent's 09.

Penny Arcade Adventures: On the Rain-Slick Precipice of Darkness, Episode One

Penny Arcade Adventures: On the Rain-Slick Precipice of Darkness, Episode Two

Puzzle Quest: Challenge of the Warlords

PS2 Backups Running on PS3 via USB HDD

I just tried it out myself on my and it works, all without voiding the PS3 warranty. Import games and backups alike booted up fine. Although the load times seemed to be a bit longer and there's some skipping on FMV's, but the hard drive I used to test it out on is old with several bad sectors, so that might have something to do with it.

And before anyone asks, the PS2 Macross game played like a champ on my US PS3. :)

PS2 Backups Running on PS3 via USB HDD

I just tried it out myself on my and it works, all without voiding the PS3 warranty. Import games and backups alike booted up fine. Although the load times seemed to be a bit longer and there's some skipping on FMV's, but the hard drive I used to test it out on is old with several bad sectors, so that might have something to do with it.

And before anyone asks, the PS2 Macross game played like a champ on my US PS3. :)

Interesting what they're working on, but less useful considering that you need a Swap Magic disk. I guess I'll keep my modded PS2 hooked up for awhile longer.

Interesting what they're working on, but less useful considering that you need a Swap Magic disk. I guess I'll keep my modded PS2 hooked up for awhile longer.

When the PS3 first came out they did this...too bad you had to take it apart to use the swap disc. BTW you guys got a link that doesn't launch a virus and malware opening 100s of new windows?

When the PS3 first came out they did this...too bad you had to take it apart to use the swap disc. BTW you guys got a link that doesn't launch a virus and malware opening 100s of new windows?

just google PS3 USBAdvance. You'll find more info that way. That ps3hax site is loaded with malware & viruses.. <_<