Playstation 3 Thread Round 3

Gaijin

60 Gig Backwards compatible type. I'm almost positive it is the fan. I didn't special air cooler attached to it. Haven't used can air. I don't see any dust build up. Double checked with a flash light.

I did use a vacuum over the vents. Warranty has past but here's the Service catch. Even if your warranty has passed they can decide to refuse service if you tamper with the stickers. The old you must have open it up and did something to it so your on your own excuse.

Thanks for the reply again. I guess youre right about the cable. I read somewhere online about the differences between type A and B. Type 1.3b implements stricter compliance standards for the manufacturers, in other words, type B should be more reliable than type A.

And I think I finally figured out the problem with my ps3. Well, its not actually the PS3. Its the monitor! I tried my PS3 on the plasma TV in my living room and it has no problem displaying the menu after quitting the game (virtua tennis 3). I guess they were right about PS3 having only 1% returns compared to 33% of the other consoles...

Actually I found out what's the problem after splitting the audio out from my ps3 to the component cable instead of thru the HDMI. When the screen went blank, the sound can still be heard (the clicking sound when you browse thru the menu) but no image on the LCD. Also, when the screen went blank, if I turn the monitor off and on, the image will display.

The LCD display Im using is the ASUS VK246H which has great image quality at 1080p. Too bad now I have to do these "extra" steps to run my ps3 on it...or maybe it only exists when playing Virtua tennis 3 since I had no problem at all playing MGS4 before this. Ill try my other games when they arrive next week. Hope the problem only occurs for Virtua tennis 3. Did anybody play this game before? Any problems with it?

Thanks for all your help Wes.

EDITED : found the exact same problem as mine :

http://www.gamespot.com/pages/forums/show_...pic_id=25820571

Guess its the monitor....but its strange bcause MGS4 played on the monitor flawlessly....but at least now I have a peace of mind knowing the PS3/monitor is not broken or anything...phew...spent the whole day trying to figure this thing out...

Did you try resetting the display settings on the PS3 (hold the poewr button down for a few secodns extra while booting up), it could just be something changed in a firmware update that's now conflicting, resetting may correct it.

ah, thanks. i kinda figured. :(

Come to think of it, I don't think we've had more than a 3-4 MW's on together at a time. mayhaps when HAWX comes out, we can start some kinda crazy F-14 clan.

Come to think of it, I don't think we've had more than a 3-4 MW's on together at a time. mayhaps when HAWX comes out, we can start some kinda crazy F-14 clan.

The only thing that bothers me about that game is why is it that game makers never bother to even take a flight to see how planes fly? I'm tired of that whole "turn AND pull up to turn" and I doubt they'll have it level off when you stop messing with the controls. Kinda irritating. But because it ties into EndWar supposively I will at least rent it.

60 Gig Backwards compatible type. I'm almost positive it is the fan. I didn't special air cooler attached to it. Haven't used can air. I don't see any dust build up. Double checked with a flash light.

I did use a vacuum over the vents. Warranty has past but here's the Service catch. Even if your warranty has passed they can decide to refuse service if you tamper with the stickers. The old you must have open it up and did something to it so your on your own excuse.

So, what's been going on? Any luck, should we take an MW donation drive so you can ship it back to get you up & running?

I was intending to save the update for tomorrow.

After some research I decided the best option was to send it in and pay the $150. Most of that money has to spent on shipping. Things will likely be tight by the last week of the month. You're suppose to get either the same exact unit or the same model. Looking at the dates of tracking information. I think they are sending a new one. No one called or emailed me to tell me what the issue was. I think I will ask them after I get it. I took pictures of old unit before sending it in. As proof I didn't tamper with it and to show there no scratches. I don't want Sony to send me a scratched up refurbished one.

I lost all saved information so I will have to replay some games and re-download stuff again. My PS3 arrived in town last night but looks like UPS won't moving it till the expected ETA of tomorrow. I work tommorrow. :unsure:

I lost all saved information so I will have to replay some games and re-download stuff again. My PS3 arrived in town last night but looks like UPS won't moving it till the expected ETA of tomorrow. I work tommorrow. :unsure:

Ah that sux. Glad I have my original 60GB out. If I ever have trouble, I'll pull out my current 320, put the OG drive back in before I send it off and ensure I have all my music, video, and game stuff on there. Reminds me I am due to do another backup onto the USB drive, though.

GL. Hope nothing ever happens to my original hardware, cause i love it and would only want another PS2BC/SACD model. At this point, i'd seriously consider trying to do a diode repair myself, maybe...

Any news or update for Ace Combat for PS3? Is there any other flight sims for the PS3?

Bamco sold out to microsoft, so no Ace Combat for us, which is why I'm looking at HAWX for my fix.

I finally found the real issue. Its the HDMI cable. I used another cable and it works flawlessly with my ps3/monitor. The old one is faulty.

Roy, hope things will work out for you. Cant wait to play SFIV in February!

Resident Evil 5 CE...meh not sure if its really worth the the extra 40.00

The Resident Evil 5 Collector's Edition comes with:

* Chris Redfield Figurine

* Tricell Messenger Bag

* BSAA Patch

* Kijuju Keychain

* Bonus Disc

* The game and bonus disc come packed in a Special Collector's Steel Book Case.

270301_bonusLG.jpg

More power to sony if they do drop prices, as long as they drop them in Japan too. I need some decent import software damnit! decent japanese RPG's are as scarce as any U.S. system in the early 90's.

Resident Evil 5 CE...meh not sure if its really worth the the extra 40.00

270301_bonusLG.jpg

If they include a decent artbook, soundtrack, and other neat extras, then the price is justifiable... I really hate how publishers are pricing limited editions this time around...

Replacement System woes

Besides having to restall games and all the required updates for them I have to reinstall purchased content. Most of this is easy but I've reached one hurdle. While there is record of purchases I no longer have the exact same PS3. I was sent a replacement unit of the same model. Some content doesn't want to be redownload because it is associated with another system. That system is in SCEA repair joint in Texas.

I was under the impression you get a certain number of downloads (five?) per purchase of a title on PSN..and that's tied to your account, not your system.

It's like iTunes. Your downloads are tied to your account, and you can authorize x number of PS3's with your account. Which is where the confusion comes from... even if Roy didn't de-authorize the PS3 he sent in he's only on his second system, right? There shouldn't be a problem authorizing it.

I'm sure it's the last thing you want to do right now, Roy, but I'd get back on the phone with Sony's customer support. Something's clearly not right here.

??? Your comments seem kind of self-contradictory, considering how planes fly vs your complaints.

You roll the wings and the lift change causes the turn, you add alittle power to prevent you from slowing down. But pulling up wouldn't initiate the turn, it would only slow you down further in attempt to maintain altitude if you didn't add power. Lest that's how it is when I fly.

It's like iTunes. Your downloads are tied to your account, and you can authorize x number of PS3's with your account. Which is where the confusion comes from... even if Roy didn't de-authorize the PS3 he sent in he's only on his second system, right? There shouldn't be a problem authorizing it.

I'm sure it's the last thing you want to do right now, Roy, but I'd get back on the phone with Sony's customer support. Something's clearly not right here.

That is correct. You can download and share with 5 systems. I know it works since I have 2. It is tied to the account.

Roy, what message is popping up that says it cannot. And more importantly, what content is that? Game or video? Because the video is a little different (though still allows an additional download if something like this happens).

Edited by Gaijin

It's Music from SingStar. No it isn't Roy's game but the owner of the said game uses Roy's system. It has something to due with Music Usage Rights. They can only be downloaded on the machine used to purchase them. Here is where the problem is. If you wanted to repurchase them you can't place them in the cart. You get the message "Already purchased see Purchase History to redownload." You can't redownload the content on a different machine. Sony has that machine. No one here intends to repurchase what was already paid for. Later today a call will be made to Sony.

Drown RIAA and MPAA. :angry:

I hear that. I'm not naive enough to pretend that piracy isn't a problem, but the MPAA and the RIAA need to accept the fact that they're creatively bankrupt and constantly shoveling out crap and "me too" copycats are part of the problem too, and stop treating their paying customers as thieves.