Playstation 3 Thread Round 3

Gaijin

YASAI BANZAI!! :lol: Though i'm not really sure when exactly the potential is activated (i don't see any vegetables on the map....)

Yes i'm playing it subbed. ^_^

GrandCannon: Unlock the beach episode. ;)

Saw both of these last night! Actually saw the beach episode a couple of times....... :o

I swear you're unable to get an A rank on some of these missions!

Finally, Valkyria Chronicles is on sale at Gamestop for $30

Use coupon "SAVER" for free shipping :)

[aside] Other games are on sale too. Like Chrono Trigger DS and Final Fantasy Tactics for PSP. :rolleyes: [/aside]

It be nice if they added an online skirmish or campaign to Valkyria Chronicles. Hell, if it does pretty well this time around, we might see a sequel in some way...

Edited by shiroikaze

Finally, Valkyria Chronicles is on sale at Gamestop for $30

It saddens me that such a great game is doing badly in region 1. Come on you region 1 folks! Get the game and allow more great games like this to be imported! I myself got a region 1 game despite being from south east asia. ^_^

Valkyria Chronicles is great, the first PS3 game I bought for my new system. Too bad it's doing badly here in the USA, that'd be problems in the future for sequel releases here. The same thing with what happened with Front Mission games.

Valkyria Chronicles is great, the first PS3 game I bought for my new system. Too bad it's doing badly here in the USA, that'd be problems in the future for sequel releases here. The same thing with what happened with Front Mission games.

Front Mission too? Dayum....you yanks don't know how to enjoy good games do you? :angry:

jk ^_^

I think its partly SEGA's fault since there was next to no publicity done on VC....in fact i didn't hear about this game until the announcement for the anime was made. =.=

But really localising FM and VC were probably pretty hard and since sales are dismal for both, i fear the worse for both franchises. :( Oh well Europe better show better sales so an english version is guranteed despite bad sales in region 1.

Edited by wolfx

Does anyone use PS3 Media Server? Its quite easy to install and use but my video hangs and stutters. My PC should be powerful enuff and only 30% of the buffer is used. I suspect my linksys router is crappy. I'm using wifi.

Front Mission too? Dayum....you yanks don't know how to enjoy good games do you? :angry:

jk ^_^

I think its partly SEGA's fault since there was next to no publicity done on VC....in fact i didn't hear about this game until the announcement for the anime was made. =.=

But really localising FM and VC were probably pretty hard and since sales are dismal for both, i fear the worse for both franchises. :( Oh well Europe better show better sales so an english version is guranteed despite bad sales in region 1.

I can't help it if the rest of the console gaming crowd here in the USA is only playing Guitar Hero or something like that :lol:

As for Front Mission, I heard FM5, released only in Japan so far, is by far the best in the series. But we'll never see a USA release of that, partly because of FM4's failure here.

As for VC, the only way I found out about it was from a rather excellent review on Gamespy, which made me dig around more only to find out more reviewers saying the same about VC.

There were 3 reasons why I bought my PS3: Blu-Ray, VC, and SF4.

I can't help it if the rest of the console gaming crowd here in the USA is only playing Guitar Hero or something like that :lol:

As for Front Mission, I heard FM5, released only in Japan so far, is by far the best in the series. But we'll never see a USA release of that, partly because of FM4's failure here.

As for VC, the only way I found out about it was from a rather excellent review on Gamespy, which made me dig around more only to find out more reviewers saying the same about VC.

There were 3 reasons why I bought my PS3: Blu-Ray, VC, and SF4.

There will be many more you'll discover. In fact, on each of this gen's machines you'll find a lot of gems.

So now that i have a PS3, i was thinking of getting a few anime Blu-rays after seeing my friend's R3 Macross Frontier and Sky Cralwers......and from the Amazon site, it seems not alot of stuff are on bluray. Why is this so? I think most anime series in Japan are now released in BD....thought US should follow suit. Seems most of the stuff are anime movies, not series....and there's nothing i really wanna get that's on amazon except maybe SkyCrawlers which will only be released end of May.

Also heard the Gunbuster/Diebuster Gattai bluray isn't worth getting...so i guess i'm passing on that.

Edited by wolfx

Why is this so? I think most anime series in Japan are now released in BD....thought US should follow suit. Seems most of the stuff are anime movies, not series....and there's nothing i really wanna get that's on amazon except maybe SkyCrawlers which will only be released end of May.

Because the US anime industry is in terrible shape right now.

There is no hack so far that can enable any PS3 to play other reqions' PS2 games. Let alone PAL to NTSC and vice versa... though I have read that ZOE2 has a hidden option that can make it play on either PAL/NTSC consoles.

Also, good luck trying to buy another copy, it's pretty hard to come by nowadays. If you have a Japanese PS3 (Is it Jap?) You will have to get the actual JAP NTSC version of the game in order to play it. So no English for you unfortunately...

Best answer is to buy another PS2... Used PS2s should be cheap nowadays but if you want to keep clutter down, it's not really a good idea.

Or you could try this, it might help you but I can't say how successful it is playing PAL games: http://ps3.qj.net/Video-tutorial-for-runni...g/49/aid/128307

thanks for the info, and yeah, i'm trying to avoid getting another PS2 to avoid clutter, but also because i want to see how ZOE2 looks with PS3 upscaling. now that i think about it, i wonder if my TV (Samsung Series8 LCD) will upscale it anyway even if running off a PS2.

there's actually quite a number Japanese ZOE2 floating on ebay. not cheap though, but it seems to be my only option. my PS3 manual says it can play NTSC-J, and a quick check on the sony website indicated Anubis:ZOE2 is perfectly compatible with PS3s that have a product code of CECHE6 which is what i have (80GB Southeast Asia version). unfortunately i don't own any japanese PS2 games and thus have not been able to test. has anyone got ZOE2 to run on PS3s similar to mine?

i'm thinking that since i played the game previously, not knowing japanese might not be such a handicap. though there is a portion of the game that might pose a serious problem: the level where one is supposed to navigate through a minefield by listening to the directions and following it to the letter. i'm hoping i might get away with just brute trial and error, or i might learn just those japanese words. but if anyone knows of an NTSC-J release of ZOE2 that is in english, please shout! ^_^

sigh, i just wish they hurry up with ZOE3 already...

Does anyone use PS3 Media Server? Its quite easy to install and use but my video hangs and stutters. My PC should be powerful enuff and only 30% of the buffer is used. I suspect my linksys router is crappy. I'm using wifi.

Yes, I use PS3MS and its an amazing program. Yes, its probably your WiFi, I've switched to a wired Ethernet now and can stream 1080p MKV files with DTS surround no problem! Highly recommend it!

Yes, I use PS3MS and its an amazing program. Yes, its probably your WiFi, I've switched to a wired Ethernet now and can stream 1080p MKV files with DTS surround no problem! Highly recommend it!

Thanks wmcheng for feedback. Hmmm...guess i have to think about how to pull cables from upstairs to my home theatre downstairs. Perhaps i shall just resort to those LAN over powercable adapter things.

In other news.....what do you guys think about RE5's vs mode?

http://kotaku.com/5202917/resident-evil-5-...-disc-all-along

I generally feel we shouldn't need to pay for this ....in fact it isn't even a DLC.

Ain't this just swell.

Playing MGO a guy on my team who was scoring was Spamming the game with vulgar text. Spelled incorrected so it would still appear. I voted to Kick everyone agree. This guy then send me a horrible email. I reported him. See where this goes.

Thanks wmcheng for feedback. Hmmm...guess i have to think about how to pull cables from upstairs to my home theatre downstairs. Perhaps i shall just resort to those LAN over powercable adapter things.

In other news.....what do you guys think about RE5's vs mode?

http://kotaku.com/5202917/resident-evil-5-...-disc-all-along

I generally feel we shouldn't need to pay for this ....in fact it isn't even a DLC.

Not surprising...Capcom did the same thing with their Street Fighter IV costumes...

After all my bitchin' I did pick up RE5...once you get accustomed to the awkward controls and accept the fact you can't run & shoot... the game is... fun.

Ain't this just swell.

Playing MGO a guy on my team who was scoring was Spamming the game with vulgar text. Spelled incorrected so it would still appear. I voted to Kick everyone agree. This guy then send me a horrible email. I reported him. See where this goes.

Wait, it wasn't me was it? :) I have a nasty habbit of occasionally cursing like a sailor while playing. Also for those wondering, the officialy sony ps3 blutooth mic actually works pretty well with MGO surprisingly enough.

Speaking of which though, where are all the MW'ers playing (or not) MGO. So far it's just me, Roy, & Dizman (my brother too, but he doesn't frequent the board).

Edited by Keith

Ahh good ole capcom, I love their games but hate their business practices. DLC is continuously getting worse, soon we will be paying 99 cents for the final levels of games. As for MGO hate mail, it's best just to laugh at the guy who sent it and go about your business. Reports seem to fall on deaf ears in that game.

I'd join in on MGO occasionally, but I only have the "basic" stuff that came with MGS4. (honestly, I'd like to buy just the newest stuff (Haven Troopers rock), but each new release builds on the last--to get the 3rd DLC, you need to buy both the 1st and 2nd)

I haven't officially bought any DLC... came mighty close for Rock Band 2, MGO, and LBP though... some DLC that's out there ought to be already included or free. $5 for costumes... $10 for a new mode, $5 for the missing ending... if it's not substantially adding to the experience, it's not really worth it.

now that i think about it, i wonder if my TV (Samsung Series8 LCD) will upscale it anyway even if running off a PS2.

there's actually quite a number Japanese ZOE2 floating on ebay. not cheap though, but it seems to be my only option. my PS3 manual says it can play NTSC-J, and a quick check on the sony website indicated Anubis:ZOE2 is perfectly compatible with PS3s that have a product code of CECHE6 which is what i have (80GB Southeast Asia version). unfortunately i don't own any japanese PS2 games and thus have not been able to test. has anyone got ZOE2 to run on PS3s similar to mine?

i'm thinking that since i played the game previously, not knowing japanese might not be such a handicap. though there is a portion of the game that might pose a serious problem: the level where one is supposed to navigate through a minefield by listening to the directions and following it to the letter. i'm hoping i might get away with just brute trial and error, or i might learn just those japanese words. but if anyone knows of an NTSC-J release of ZOE2 that is in english, please shout! ^_^

Nope, I believe TVs don't even upscale that well, especially if it's from a regular AV cable... it's the player/console that does it best (with the right cable).

Also, I don't think you need to worry about compatibility issues if you do decide get the NTSC-J version of the game, if the compatibility list says it works, it'll definitely work. Also, it's not that hard to navigate the minefield if you remember that:

hidari = left

migi = right

mae = front

ushiro = back

ue = up

shita = down

that and gamefaqs :p

Edited by shiroikaze

Ain't this just swell.

That's why there's a block list.

I kinda want to get the PAL-version ZOE2, already have the US. Think I might just try to download it then emulate it.

many, many thanks shiroikaze. that is a great help.

done deal then, i'll go buy that NTSC-J ZOE2.

just one last thing: what is "stop" in japanese? might have a mine blow up in face :lol:

tomare = stop

or you might run into "matte" which is "wait". You'll be able to figure it out, shouldn't be that hard for ya. Just wondering, why don't you get the NTSC US version? Dubbing wasn't that bad.

tomare = stop

or you might run into "matte" which is "wait". You'll be able to figure it out, shouldn't be that hard for ya. Just wondering, why don't you get the NTSC US version? Dubbing wasn't that bad.

Because he has an asian PS3, and while PS3 games for the U.S. & Japan are in the same region, it still maintains the old region boundries for PS1 & PS2 games.

Hey, has anyone gotten their Ace Combat flight controllers to work with the PS3? I tried to use it with WipeOut HD and Hawx and it doesn't seem to recognize any other controllers other than the regular bluetooth Dualshock - its there some setting or driver I need to get the PS3 to recognize the Ace Combat HOTAS stick/throttle combo? Gran Turismo demo recognized my GT wheel from my PS2.

Dynasty gundam Warriors 2 is suppose to come out in a week or two. Suppose to have online mode. Anyone besides me planning to get it?

Hell yeah, I'm down.

Speaking of Gundam games, anyone heard anything more about the Mobile ops game? I got rid of my 360 a few months ago, and I know it's coming on 360, but given Japan's ferocity of all things gundam, I find it hard to believe it's not going to be released on PS3...

Anymore news on the 30th anniv. game?

Wait, it wasn't me was it? :) I have a nasty habbit of occasionally cursing like a sailor while playing. Also for those wondering, the officialy sony ps3 blutooth mic actually works pretty well with MGO surprisingly enough.

Speaking of which though, where are all the MW'ers playing (or not) MGO. So far it's just me, Roy, & Dizman (my brother too, but he doesn't frequent the board).

I play casually. You guys would probably mop the floor with me.

Dynasty gundam Warriors 2 is suppose to come out in a week or two. Suppose to have online mode. Anyone besides me planning to get it?

Yeah, I reserved it back when I reserved F.E.A.R. 2... but I reserved it for the 360.

is the game hard? i heard from a NON-gamer (my boss, the company's owner) that alot of good games aren't imported to the U.S. from Japan 'cause americans don't like hard games, they want something easy. gran turismo seems to be a good example, it's hard to find ppl who play gt compared to how many ppl play need for speed (before they tried to make a racing simulator). WoW is another good example. the game is super easy (but pvp is hard) (i've played rpg's since the 8bit days).