Playstation 3 Thread Round 3

Gaijin

Anyone play Dead Space? I got it for my birthday (today) but haven't played it yet. I heard nothing but good about it. The controls are going to take some getting used to as I've been playing RE5 with the RE4 control settings.

havent played the game yet but....happy birthday man

anybody played killzone 2 here?

i tried for a couple of minutes and the graphics is just spectacular but i had to stop as i was getting dizzy playing

Vegas, I've been playing Killzone 2 frequently. I think the game is phenomenal. I love the chaos in the multi-player games. Bullets screaming past ya with grenades and explosions going off everywhere...I love it!

Edit: We should start a Macross clan of some sort!

Edited by Oihan

What's up with the price drop? In your expert opinions, will there be one soon? Should I just bite the bullet and buy one now? I'm really itchin to play Valkyria Chronicles and Disgaea 3.

Hey same here! I'm on the fence with the PS3 cause there's really no games i wanna play on it cept for VC and StreetFighter 4 for now. But it seems this year might be the year for the PS3.

Anyone play Dead Space? I got it for my birthday (today) but haven't played it yet. I heard nothing but good about it. The controls are going to take some getting used to as I've been playing RE5 with the RE4 control settings.

Its awesome! Played it on PC. Brings back the survival in survival horror IMHO.

i havent played killzone 2 for 2 weeks now, instead ive been playing SF4. trying to practice focus cancel dash combos.

i also have COD4, still sealed for a month now. too many games.....not enough time :(

MY psn ID is DESUTOROIDO

Edited by Vegas

I kick arse with Raiden/Autoaim 200+ RP till was someone with high CCQ throws me down once. Instant KQ, followed by a bullet to the brain.

Raiden is pretty damn awesome. Hell, I'd love an all special character mode, as long as Mei Ling could be excluded :) Best way to dwal with those CQC guys is a quick blade jab, if you're lucky it'll connect before they throw you.

Edited by Keith

2.) Why don't they just make a PS3 Gundam Battle game? Gundam Battle Universe is probably the best Gundam game to date, even if 60% of it was Gundam Battle Chronicle again. Imagine, if you will, a Gundam Battle game with the 0079, 0083, 0088, 0089, and 0093 eras from GBU. Now add eras for 123, 133, and 153. Then, why not add separate eras for the AU Gundam series? Once you beaten everything with every faction, it'd be fun to take out the Big Zam with the Turn A, or smack around the Wing Gundam with Char's Zaku. Imagine this ultimate Gundam Battle game with graphics like only the PS3 can do.

I would be really disappointed if they just ported the Gundam Battle games over to the PS3, as the Battle series is just a grindy, limited little game. If they're going to do a console game they should do a proper one that actually takes advantage of the system and make it an epic game. Use OYW: Project Pegasus as a starting off point, and make a balls-out great game from the ground up that actually captures some of the epic sensations from the series. This of course will never happen because Bandai realizes it can turn out mediocre junk and people will buy it because it has the name GUNDAM.

Also, Giren's Greed is clearly the best Gundam game.

Raiden is pretty damn awesome. Hell, I'd love an all special character mode, as long as Mei Ling could be excluded :) Best way to dwal with those CQC guys is a quick blade jab, if you're lucky it'll connect before they throw you.

Which mode of MGS4 are you guys talking about again?

Well, I dunno how many of you like the online gameplay in Killzone 2, but if there's any interest we should get together online and play some matches...even form a clan. :D

Hmmm.....Logitech to release an adapter so that ANY of their Harmony remotes can control the PS3? About time!

http://i.gizmodo.com/5177528/logitech-adap...remote-with-ps3

Very excited, as at the moment, the PS3 is the only device my Harmony's not controlling in my home theater.

I just got my PS3! Hope you guys can help me out with my setup.

I have a Dell 24" monitor (S2409W) which connects to my pc via DVI and my PS3 via HDMI. The audio out on the monitor is whacked. It outputs the audio from the HDMI cable , but has a annoying fade-in/fade-out that can't be fixed which is a known issue of this monitor. So , I will have to use the PS3's RCA cables for audio and HDMI for video.

Now the next issue was connecting both my PS3 and PC to the 2.1 speakers. I bought a stereo Y-splitter which basically links both devices to a single stereo jack that goes into my speaker input. Volume is greatly affected with this method....and someone told me that it might damage the individual devices. Is volume affected if connected in this way or is my setup borked?

So anyway my next idea would be to connect the PS3's RCAs into my PC's soundcard's line-in port using a connector. Only problem is my pc has to be on for the ps3's audio to work. :wacko: Final idea is to find for an audio switch...which seems to be the best option. Anyone can recommend a better setup?

And another question: I noticed not all games support 1080p. I played abit of Valkyria Chronicles (it says 720p on the box) and RE 5 and wasn't impressed by a few things:

1.) VC: Some lines on are jagged, Anti-aliasing looks bad. Is this normal in the game or is it because of the game upscaling it to my monitor?

2.) RE5: Images aren't the sharpest i've seen. Due to upscaling? Or am i just too used to PC 1080p gaming? Also during the starting cinematics where zombies were running around, i saw some split second "after-images".

3.) Wanted: Weapons of Fate Demo: The game just looks bad.....maybe its the game itself?

Perhaps bad HDMI cable? What you guys think?

I just got my PS3! Hope you guys can help me out with my setup.

And another question: I noticed not all games support 1080p. I played abit of Valkyria Chronicles (it says 720p on the box) and RE 5 and wasn't impressed by a few things:

1.) VC: Some lines on are jagged, Anti-aliasing looks bad. Is this normal in the game or is it because of the game upscaling it to my monitor?

2.) RE5: Images aren't the sharpest i've seen. Due to upscaling? Or am i just too used to PC 1080p gaming? Also during the starting cinematics where zombies were running around, i saw some split second "after-images".

3.) Wanted: Weapons of Fate Demo: The game just looks bad.....maybe its the game itself?

congrats man! killzone2 and sf4 are only 720p too. i had your setup problem aswell before and i ended up buying a new 52" samsung :lol:

The fact that you're using a PC monitor might just be the thing; I had this composite-VGA converter for my computer monitor, and while it was good enough it wasn't as good of a picture as the TV. Not knowing your monitor personally I just think it's the fact that it's priority is computer-first TV second. Try it on a friend's TV maybe.

The fact that you're using a PC monitor might just be the thing; I had this composite-VGA converter for my computer monitor, and while it was good enough it wasn't as good of a picture as the TV. Not knowing your monitor personally I just think it's the fact that it's priority is computer-first TV second. Try it on a friend's TV maybe.

I'm plugging it into the HDMI port though, does it really matter if i use it for a console or a PC?

Regardless of imput, if the monitor's refresh rate isn't quick enough, you'll see ghosting & whatnot. Also, make sure all the proper bells & whistles are set in your PS3's video settings.