Odd Thing I noticed

Coota0

it's the hair spray man, they love to have their vision blocked, that's how they get their kills

EDIT: short hair is the reason why the other pilots get killed, look at kakizaki for instance.

Edited by Lightning 06

it's the hair spray man, they love to have their vision blocked, that's how they get their kills

EDIT: short hair is the reason why the other pilots get killed, look at kakizaki for instance.

Bingo.

Without the long hair to mark you as a bad-ass, the bad guys don't know they need to miss.

Hahahaha. The funny thing about Hikaru's hair (if you own one of the new Macross character figures) is that you have to remove the whole hairpiece before you put the helmet on. B))

You gotta admit though......these pilots have GREAT hair. :ph34r:

After DYRL it seemed like they dropped the whole big hair thing... it was an 80's anime thing. I think Basara was the only one with big hair and he didn't wear a helmet. Isamu and Guld had manageable hair. Max had a ponytial and Gamlin had a Wolverine thing going. All the Mac0 guys have short hair, even Roy. Can't think of any with big hair. :huh:

Hahahaha. The funny thing about Hikaru's hair (if you own one of the new Macross character figures) is that you have to remove the whole hairpiece before you put the helmet on. B))

You gotta admit though......these pilots have GREAT hair. :ph34r:

Speaking of helmets...

How come Hikaru never used the sun visor except in the title sequence and when Kakizaki died?

It looked bad-ass when he flipped it down. He should've done it more often.

Speaking of helmets...

How come Hikaru  never used the sun visor

Dude, he didn't need the sun visor.

The way his hair stuck out like that, it was probably better than wearing a large brimmed baseball cap. I'm sure it kept the sun out of his eyes quite well.

But he didn't look bad-ass with his helmet hiding the hair.

After DYRL it seemed like they dropped the whole big hair thing... it was an 80's anime thing. I think Basara was the only one with big hair and he didn't wear a helmet. Isamu and Guld had manageable hair. Max had a ponytial and Gamlin had a Wolverine thing going. All the Mac0 guys have short hair, even Roy. Can't think of any with big hair. :huh:

Guld has a pony-tailed buzz-cut in Plus. ^_^

After DYRL it seemed like they dropped the whole big hair thing... it was an 80's anime thing.  I think Basara was the only one with big hair and he didn't wear a helmet.  Isamu and Guld had manageable hair.  Max had a ponytial and Gamlin had a Wolverine thing going.  All the Mac0 guys have short hair, even Roy.  Can't think of any with big hair. :huh:

Yeah. And he DIED.

After DYRL it seemed like they dropped the whole big hair thing... it was an 80's anime thing.  I think Basara was the only one with big hair and he didn't wear a helmet.  Isamu and Guld had manageable hair.  Max had a ponytial and Gamlin had a Wolverine thing going.  All the Mac0 guys have short hair, even Roy.  Can't think of any with big hair. :huh:

Without the ponytail we would be calling it a mullet... :lol: should've been a tell-tale sign of his unavoidable demise.... :lol:

Without the ponytail we would be calling it a mullet... :lol: should've been a tell-tale sign of his unavoidable demise.... :lol:

lol!

at least he wasn't wearing a bandana or headband somewhere. :lol:

Guld's still a bad-ass character, tho.

^_^

u know, Roy was sporting a full and kinda longish hair. he died, too. ^_^

But it wasn't spikey. It was too well-groomed.

He should've taken Hikaru's advie and quit brushing it.

What trips me out is not the hair, but how Max keeps his glasses in place. Mine keep sliding down my nose, and if I had that visor in place and I took a big jolt I'd be screwed until I re-position them.

Max keeps his glasses in place because he's a genius, as Mikimoto would put it (hell he's a genius at aging right?). ;)

What trips me out is not the hair, but how Max keeps his glasses in place. Mine keep sliding down my nose, and if I had that visor in place and I took a big jolt I'd be screwed until I re-position them.

I don't have that problem at all. Its probably just Over Tech that keeps his glasses up :p

A more believable solution would be to make the visor the glasses, if Max's eyes require the same perscription strength. That way, he could simply take off the glasses, and put on the helmet, and presto, he can see the zentradi!

I heard that this was being experimented with, and the main problem is cost...

Guys, the reason why Hikauru's big hair never get's squashed flat by his flight helmet is simple. Overtechnology hair spray.

OTM hairspray allows you to wear a helmet or hat all day and never get 'hat hair'. As soon as you remove the helmet, the OTM hairspray, with patented 'nano-tech memory' feature automatically returns your hair to its original style and shape.

Surely you don't think that Valks and Destroids were the only new technology they got from the ASS-1 do you?

As for the short hair we see the characters sporting in Macross Zero, well that's also easy to explain. Macross Zero takes place in 2008, so obviously OTM hairspray wasn't invented or approved for military service until 2009.

Graham

And of course the other benefit of OTM hairspray which I forgot to mention is that it gives hair a one-way translucency. This means that pilots can clearly see through the hair hanging over their eyes as if it wasn't there. However, people looking at the character, just see normal hair.

Graham, master of OTM

hair color + hair length + valk color coordination= badassness.

Kakizaki - brown hair + short hair + white valk = 0/3 badass. green stripe on valk = no help.

Hikaru - black hair + long hair + white Valk = 1/3 badass. red stripe on valk = no help.

Milia - Green hair + long hair + red valk = 2/3 badass. (remember, the green q-rau is like a white valk. it's not a special color. and milia's red valk, tho a special color, does not color coordinate with her cool hair.)

Roy - yellow hair + long hair + white valk with yellow stripe= 2/3+ badass (remember, anything not black/brown hair to japanese = cool. the yellow stripe on his valk might have made him a bit more badass.)

Max - Blue hair + long hair +blue valk = 100% Badass. (even his q-rau was blue. perfect color coordination!)